Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Comer1

Those are amazing returns for today. Until I read your post, I was thrilled with my 15.33 kWh from a 7.39kw system, facing SE😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

17.4kWh from 6.84kW array, SSW

If the weather is onside, it's getting close to nett neutral production

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Today and yesterday have been stand out days in what has been a drab February. Just over 100kWh produced thus far this month, 43 of which produced in the past two days.

Having said that the stretch in production has been noticeable despite the fact the system is only live 2 and a bit weeks. Can't wait to see what May and June bring.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

How do you get 8+kW, is your inverter not capped at 6kW?

How many kWp have you please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Export limited to 6kw.

9.9kwp west/south/south west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

Thanks,

I've about 9kWp but my app only shows it being clipped at about the 6kWp.

I'd like to know how close to the 9 I achieve.

Also, are inverters noted rated to oversize by 50%, is 9.9kwpnit a bit much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Depends on the inverter. Let's assume you had the full 9Kw in generation. Some are capped at exporting 6kw to the grid, but additionally you could ALSO be charging the battery at say 3kw. Others are limited to 6Kw "in total" as in, if you were charging the battery at say 3kw, then you would only have 3kw left for the grid.

I think Huawei ones can do both at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Glebee

Sorry folks if a silly question. If unit rate of electricity is currently approx 0.43 what is this sold back to the grid for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Depends on your provider. They all have different prices. Energia I believe is 23c.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

First time poster in this section :)

12-FEB-2024 --> 14.5 kW/h of solar indicated (12.3kW/h real)

February to date --> 91.7kw/h of solar indicated ( 77 kW/h real)

I've a Victron system installed configured in ESS mode.

6.45kw PV panels temporarily ground mounted - PV's are moved and tilted to suit seasons.

2x 3kva Mutiplus-II Victron charger/inverters - configured in parallel.

2x Victron Charge controllers. MTTP 150 | 60 MC4

2x Dyness 3.6kW/h batteries (set to min charge of ~ 75% for winter as I'm paranoid :) )

Grid meter on consumer panel is a Gavazzi ET112 with wireless zigbee connection back to the Victron Cerbo GX in garage where gear is located.

This install was kind of accidental -- bought 6 panels and on inverter there over 16 months ago to run the garage / house pump / fencing etc as a project.. nothing too serious.. got it working ok but then the kw/h rates went up and the bills went mental! So bought more gear and re-programmed the system to run in ESS mode connected to house. Got all the DC wiring setup properly / conduit runs / cut offs / fuses etc (Victron Disty). Got the AC side signed off and NC6 cert so all above board.

This system was brilliant last year when I was on the Energia 44c per kW/h rate.

The indicated solar generation in a bit optimistic.... I've been doing loads of expts on this and as far as I can tell there is an error in firmware when running inverters in dual mode. There will be new firmware out shortly so will re try this. Also I might rewire the inverters with shorter DC Cables back to the distribution block. (Victron Lynx Distributor) . I also have a 1000a smart-shunt that I can put in serial with the DC side of the setup with a "VE.Direct" connection back to the Cerbo GX --> might try that too to see if that is more accurate.. The indicated "From Grid" value agrees with the house meter so that is accurate. Good!

Anyway the system works and keeps the bills down; and it's fun to play with the firmware and settings etc...

Take care T

12-FEB-2024

FEB--2024

Post edited by Tazio on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭allinthehead

4.3 kwh in Cork today, miserable day. Tomorrow looks better to see what the new array can do.

☀️

Even more miserable to the east of you. 1.7kWh from a 7.79kWp system. Tomorrow looks promising.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

Managed 2.4kwh from a 4kwp system today. Miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Susiequattro

4.5kwh today 8.3kw array

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

My 3.6 from a 4.3 array doesn't seem so bad so.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

22.7 kwh today in East Cork. The new array did 15 of that.

I reckon on a proper sunny day the combined arrays should be capable of about 30 kwh in February.

☀️

That's a beast of a system.

We did 13.8kWh from 7.79kWp set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Susiequattro

17.3kwp today from 8.3kw array

8.4kwh from 4kwp system.

Ya, I saw 8.3 kw peak power at one stage😁. Looking forward to summer. My graph looks similar to yours too, up and down.

☀️

• Advertisement

24.6 kwh here in East Cork. Production fell off a cliff after noon so there's still room for more.

☀️

15.1kWh.

After a drab start production in February has started to pick up in the past week or so.

5.9kwh on 4kwp system. Reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

10kwh on a 5kwp system

Have generated more this week in February than all of January

4.9kwh today in East Cork. Rained all day.

☀️

4.3kwh on a 4kwp system today in south Dublin city.

5.8kWh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭S'

26.6kWh on a 11kW e/w array. Mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

17.2kWh from a 6.84kW array, SSW, Roscommon.

Didn't really get going until 1pm with rain this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

looks like probably 6-6.5 kwh today, it's not massive, lots of cloud cover but have seen a huge jump in peak power in the past 2 weeks.

3kwp sw and seeing 2.4kw peak, and still doing 2 kw now the 1kwp ne is still mostly asleep for now.

Need to get going on these other 1kwp panels.

edit - 7kwh. a good run this afternoon.

Post edited by Gerry on

Advertisement