Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

To be fair, listening to him, he does sounds far more happy about it than the dead text reads.

Wonder did Tom try to get a gig out of him for it when they went off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Melvatron was really put out by the price increase of AC generators post Covid, I love the green spin on things😎

Snarky Snark Snark

Don’t know if their budget would cover it but Mr Fishes circus could be served in an epic fashion by nouvelle vague at night.

I am slightly tipsy and there has accidentally been vinyl from the merch stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fat Dog at the Róísín, a short set and the venue half full but the crowd went mad for them. They’ll be storming festivals all Summer long. Nice lads, chatting to all and sundry on the roof afterwards. Forgot to ask ‘em if they were playing EP/ATN, etc but they’ll be somewhere or other and later playing much bigger venues in the Autumn and Winter.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

Just randomly came across this today. What a festival this dude had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

March 1st apparently for the Green Man announcement, I see EP now falls on the same dates and although there hasn't been much crossover before with GM will be intrigued to see if there is a bit of crossover this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So Peggy Gou is playing in London on 17th August Saturday, so are we looking at her playing the Friday or Sunday at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭dav09

That rules her out of being the main Saturday dance headliner like was suggested, as I said I don't think she's big enough to really fill that slot, pretty sure Skrillex is ruled out the Saturday too. I'd probably guess the Prodigy then going by other FR gigs. Unless they changed things this year, more likely to close out EA which makes way more sense for either of the two DJs mentioned. Pretty sure the past 2 years a big DJ closed out EA with Disclosure and Jamie XX.

They've switched it to Friday at times the late night dance headliner with Fat Boy Slim one year and Orbital and Underworld other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Friday hasn't finished as late as the Sat tho mate. I've been at all the ones you mention. All done by midnight.

• Advertisement

Prodigy starting at 12.30 would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

She's playing same weekend in lowlands NL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭rubick

New Kings of Leon music being announced on Thursday. This has Melvin written all over it.

Hug your children.

Snarky Snark Snark

They must have fallen way down the pecking order at this stage? They’ve not been a thing for a decade?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭dav09

One suggestion that worried me re: Saturday Dance act that was mentioned previously on the thread was Calvin Harris, without a doubt one of the worst DJs I seen at Primavera last year. Pretty sure it was a pre recorded set and was just all smoke and lights with him bouncing around with his hands in the air playing a lot of mediocre music.

My fear is that someone at FR will think "remember him from the Oxygen days" not realising it's as if it's literally a completely different person now, as is his setup. I actually had completely forgotten he had a live band, vocals went off in it but at least it feels real and was unique, I actually think it's a decent performance and a million times better than what I seen last year, it's a pity he went away from that setup but I guess it's probably less work/more money. Some of his early music I actually though was decent but none of that was played from half hour or so of the set I heard recently. It's hard to believe it's the same person now as the sort of nerdy/fun person in the video above who produced his first breakthrough album on his own in his house on an Amiga.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads, I think yis are all getting ahead of yerselves assuming there'll be a "saturday" or "late night" dance act, the one consistent thing about EP is inconsistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Harris went the same way Guetta did circa post 2006. Both had decent production and remixes to their name with Guetta arguably the better DJ and Harris the better performer. But then along came EDM and the elusive US scene with all the money and before long you knew it, "DJ's" were getting paid half a million per set in Las Vegas. Both have residencies in Ushuaia, Ibiza this summer where tickets are €100 and pints start at €17. Theoretically, either could play EP but then so could Swedish House Mafia who are also confirmed residents at the same club...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Pack it in, Dany. 'Guetta', 'Calvin Harris', 'Swedish House Mafia' '€17 pints'.....my ears are bleeding here.

Snarky Snark Snark

There are 178 sleeps.

• Advertisement

Not to will it into existence but Kings of Leon - 'Sex on Fire' (Fred Again Remix) is exactly the kind of hellish combination of bland that Festival Republic seem to insist upon.

SHM seem to have some kind of Ibiza residency this year so hopefully that will rule them out. You know, those champions of all things Balearic.

The new Paranoid London album is great for those interested in contemporary acid house/electro btw.

Slim to no chance of them appearing at EP of course.

Post edited by rubick on

Good to see some coalescing around this punter. KoL featuring Calv 'Arris ticks every box for Darth Benn.

"Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."

Snarky Snark Snark

is it racist of me to think that KOL and that cinnamon chap would at least do everyone else a favour by acting as a magnet for every gaa top wearer on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I haven't heard of them in years but wouldn't be shocked to see them up there as a nostalgia headliner. They had some big hits that everyone who was a teenager or a young adult in the late 2000s would recognise, even if it might not be that much of a draw for the teeny boppers of today.

Not at all.

The problem is that this poxconglomerate will be crowed about by Melvetor in the Sunday briefings and when he's on next with Moncrieff.

"The punters loved Gerry and the Leons. Huge crowds, big success, booked them for next year already. Thinking of not only moving the festival Sean, but renaming it in their honour also. Gerry's Picnic. etc the punters love it."

Not entirely my taste but this event in northern Spain always manages to get solid acts for a medium sized fest (40k I think). No excuse for EP not to do far better than this.

Depends on the GAA top. I'd like to see the size of the boy that's going to take mine off me.

Last year they had my favourite lineup of the Summer and even they are getting a bit more conventional/blander this year.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Advertisement