Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oldschool943

Guys, I just received email from Tesla Cork to submit final payment for Model Y. I was able to get hold of new inventory car. Just wondering is it OK to pay before looking at the car? I check app all the time and there is no VIN number updated yet. Tried contacting Tesla, call ends up in UK and apparently no one has proper info and given history of delaying the delivery I'm bit worried and the same time don't want to lose out on the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yeah I’ve seen a lot that have collect had a similar percentage. Thanks.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jellies

I paid my deposit. There is no delivery date but I do have a VIN. The payment was credited to my Tesla account within 24 hrs so I wouldn't be too worried about paying it to secure your MY.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You’ll have to pay without looking at the car anyway.

Guys would it be big risk to pick the car in city west and make Sandyford if only 17% on the battery ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

ABRP says if you leave with 17% in a Model 3 Highland you will arrive with 11% at Sandyford. So even if you shave 5% off that for bad weather conditions you could make it with 6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

There’s plenty of chargers within a stones throw of the collection location, I wouldn’t say go to Sandyford unless you’re passing it specifically.

I picked up last week and gave a quick top up in Applegreen 5 mins away.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

You will make it with ease its a 20km journey) . There is also a bufferin the battery where a certain amount of energy is locked away (and accessible) even when battery registers 0%, but at 17% you will be fine..

Thanks guys Sandyford is only 10 mins from my house I’ll go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good luck with the queues there this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 brownestone

Any Y scheduled in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SimaticK

Few added to inventory this morning and Tesla shipment with Irish cars landing in Zeebrugge in a few hours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not risky at all IMO.

More risk of queing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Long story short looks like wife not getting car until Apr/May and no sign of a vin. She is thinking of taking one of the cars in transit that seem to be available. Biggest thing turning her off is there are only cars with 19" wheels available which in theory/WLTP have a range of 629kms vs for the 18" range of 678kms *7% difference only but the extra km's would make a difference for some of drives that needs to take every week).

Anyone have a feel what the difference for range is in reality (get all depends on conditions but is it like a 3% difference of a 20% difference) and is there any noticeable difference in ride/comfort (prefer softer/easier/comfort vs cornering etc). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

You won't get near those figures anyway and the style of driving, weather and numerous other factors will have more of an impact than the move from 18" to 19" wheels.

In terms of comfort, I notice very little difference in comfort between 18" and 19" on the M3. It's a more noticably "sporty" ride anyway regardless of the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

If, like us, you're one of those owners who need a certain range because of a regular drive, then I'd say it's worth waiting for if it's simply a matter of patience. If there's a cost differential, then you could consider buying/swapping a set of 18s from/with someone else. I'd imagine there will be no problems finding a willing swapper/seller when going from 20s to 19s. As antfin has said, you won't get near those WLTP figures, but you probably already knew that and were basing your decision on something like 80% of the WLTP. The main thing is the differential between the range you can get with 19s and with 18s.

In our case the decision was whether to spend an extra 8k on an MY LR versus an RWD and after less than a year I can say it was already worth it. I've often come back from the weekly down the country trip with 0-5% remaining, but haven't yet had to stop/detour for a charge. In the summer we had to do a 390km leg between chargers and were relaxed doing it in the LR, but would have had to hypermile with a RWD. I'm sure that if we had gone for an RWD I'd be saying the opposite and that for the sake of a 10 minute splash and dash it would have been madness to spend an extra 8k :) But often I'm either in a hurry to get back to Dub for a certain time or I just don't feel like stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Hi Higster, having watched literally hundreds of hours of reviews, and having driven on both the 18" and 19", the 18's are unquestionably more comfortable albeit the new suspension on the M3H has improved comfort significantly for both the 18's and 19's so it won't be uncomfortable on the 19s... plus the 19s look amazing IMO but that is subjective :-) I went with the 18s for the extra comfort and the extra range & cos I think the new aero covers look great on the 18s now (wasn't a fan of the previous versions). The c. 7-10% difference in range between the 18s and the 19s is about right according to the likes of Bjorn, R Symons, etc. over the years... so you need have no concerns that it would be more than that if you go for the gorgeous 19s. Hope that helps a bit

All is good in the world. Wife just got notification of vin and expected delivery date from today to the 6th Mar so 18" wheels it is. Glad we toughed it out.

M3 highland long range, 18" wheels, ultra red paint and black & white interior. Ordered beginning of Nov.

• Advertisement

Cool. When I seen April/May I figured it was ordered only a couple of weeks back great that it will be here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

I reckon they pushed out those apr/may dates when they didn’t know what was going on with revenue. I’d say once the new shipment lands then the dates will start coming down. The next ship is just off the west coast of Africa and due in zeebruge on 02 March, hopefully with more for the Irish market

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Still no update on My deliveries, spoke with tesla yesterday eve and they've no timeline for it to be resolved...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Others on FB group got word from Tesla that collection mails for Model Y will be going out today

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Yup the stat code issue looks to be resolved. Tesla got the updated stat codes yesterday. They were checking to ensure the OSMP in the new stat codes are correct and can then start registering and getting the mails out. Got this from speaking to Tesla directly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

Does anyone have any idea how many cars are out in City West awaiting collection as soon as this issue is resolved, 100, 300, ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Holy Moly that is one magnificently selected combination. Great choice & glad it worked out for you guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

I reckon it’s fairly imminent as there was loads of activity on my order yesterday. Got a text from Tesla to say would be delivered soon, got an email to fill out grant form and also an update on the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Wow. Must have happened late yesterday because I was speaking to my delivery advisor at lunchtime yesterday and he said that they didn't have any update at that time. He did make the point that they would just be told by Revenue that it was sorted and that would put everything in motion then.

My car is going to be making its way down from Dublin to Cork so I still have a little bit of time to play with regarding my current vehicle. Think I'll likely be selling privately though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Interesting... Lad I spoke with yest eve (about 6pm) had no update other than they're waiting for revenue to sort it

Have u a link to the Facebook group?

Advertisement