Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i thought i'd hate it if they had Cody lose before Wrestlemania, but that was fine.

i suppose it has to be shown that The Bloodline are more effective than ever, and their interference can very easily cost him the match at Wrestlemania. and losing to Drew isn't exactly weak.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And I imagine this will be the catalyst to bring Seth and Cody together too. Cody will realise he needs help out there and he can’t risk losing at mania the same way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I thought it last week and felt it again this week that Sami is turning

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Gunter doesnt have a match planned for WM I think him vs Sami would be decent with Sami getting the win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping Adam and Nick join forces and ban Solo and Jimmy from Roman's WM title match

R-Truth is just ageless, still awesome in the ring too

nah, the entire story now is The Bloodline vs Cody’s Avengers. It’s going to be an absolutely massive number of run ins at Mania. A proper war. And I can’t wait 😂

Saw someone say that Jimmy has now cost Jay a grand slam; he’s cost him the WHC, tag titles, IC title and US title.

I'm enjoying Nia this time around even though clearly Rhea is winning, retaining

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is Kayden Carter injured? She wasn't in the Battle Royal with Katana. No Piper either, come to think of it.

• Advertisement

Having Roman just rely on Rock who may turn on him could be interesting

I don't want a chaotic mess distracting from Cody finally finishing his story, taking Roman's title, do I sound like a Cody cry baby in need of nuggets 😉😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Excellent Raw.

The Bloodline getting involved for Cody to lose pushed ahead so much and was definitely needed. Jimmy ringing the bell had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chandler should pack in the MMA and give wrestling a go, has the athletic ability and can do promos. He's very entertaining in the UFC but he's obsessed with getting the McGregor payday.

As far as fùck finishes go, the Gunther/Uso one was very well done. Really had you like "Aw, what a prick..."

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Seems they're pushing Chad Gable again after the other night. If it wasn't Jey dethroning Gunther at WM, I'd go with Gable.

Not sure how to do the build seeing as he's lost to Gunther a couple of times already but would be great for him to win a title, he's a phenomenal wrestler.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only person on the main roster to inflict a defeat on Gunther albeit by count-out, they could use that as the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Their other decent option is Sheamus, to finish his own story and finally win the IC belt. Not sure how far off returning he is though (or how his contract negotiations are going).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

He was trending on Twitter this morning with about 1000 Tweets fantasy-booking him with opponents in AEW and Japan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bron Breakker is the last guy to pin Gunther... that's a third option (I prefer the Sheamus option myself personally)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I would have loved Bron Breaker to be called up to the main roster and beat Gunther at his first PPV.

Couldn't understand why they decided to draft him to Smackdown, he's hardly going to challenge Cody after Mania and seems like KO could well be US Champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only one of two people should beat Gunter and they are Chad or Sheamus.

• Advertisement

Sami Zayn takes on Shinsuke Nakamura

Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods takes on Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci in a Street Fight

I'm wondering if we get an IC title ladder match, given they set up a load of potential opponents for Gunther. And it let's them take the title off him, without pinning or submitting him.

Rhea Ripley.

I don't get it.

I actually think she's awkward on the mic, and isn't actually that believable. She's built like a tank, and the gimmick has worked, but to me, that is all she is - a gimmick.

I'm well aware I'm likely in the minority, but they're trying very hard to make sure she's a megastar without her really being at that level. Becky is levels of natural charisma over her, for instance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What is wrong with a Gimmick though?

Lots of the female wrestlers suffer from not having any significant gimmick or personality and there is little reason to be bothered to tune in.

Compare Rhea to Iyo for example. Iyo as champion has seen that title become less relevant that the womens tag team titles.

there is nothing wrong with a gimmick.

but a megastar, which is what they're blatantly pushing her to be, should transcend that a bit. i just don't think she actually has megastar charisma. i have no problem with her as a performer really; i just don't get the crazy hype around her at all.

but as I say, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, and it's me that is missing something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd take Rhea's promos every day of the week over Bianca's 'nuh-uh girlfriend' routine anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Or Beckys 1990s hard man on the streets of Dublin shtick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't know what Bianca is meant to be as a face.

Very interesting in a match, but WWE present give little reason to like her. Bianca reminds me a bit of Finn before the judgement day. I know I am supposed to like them but that is about it.

• Advertisement

I see Rhea has Dom back

I thought Andrade was Santos 🙈

Nia's hair is much better straight

Will Nia and Liv get added to Rhea and Becky's title match? I like Liv just not feeling this revenge tour

A ladder match for the IC title at WM could be good as many contenders

Drew is just so good in this run and I felt what he said to Seth was true plus keeping injured Punk in the audience minds for a future feud

Advertisement