Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I think it's been and gone !

But any post I quote you in is special 😘

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭FFVII_npc

Tinder is introducing enhanced identity checks for UK users, involving a passport or driving licence being checked against a video selfie.

Anyone who signs up to the voluntary scheme will get an icon on their profile, verifying their age and likeness are authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

@raclle now is your chance to impress with an elaborate mating dance, or the previously suggested potato on a sting method. Strike while the iron is hot.

• Advertisement

I’m sure FVII can find some suitable electronic dance tunes to add sex appeal to those seizures.

Post edited by Jequ0n on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

@Pwindedd would you date someone orig from UK living in Cork and around your age? I PMed you a photo!

...If so, pleeassse let me set you up 😉. I've been chatting to a lovely fella on some tiktok lives who I think would actually be ideal for you.

Oh and @raclle sorry that other one didn't come through ages ago, she ended up meeting someone that week so I wanted to see how it would pan out but they're dating now. I'm keeping an eye out though!

(or you two could just get it together...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I've had to look at it 3 times to figure out if they're dark skinned or just layered with fake tan.

I totally forgot about that 😅 but thank you.

I so would get with Pwin 😉😁

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

Maybe never 😂

More communication issues this week. Which as I said, I could move past and accept. But the manner of this one I find a bit disrespectful tbh.

So shes going on a family holiday this weekend for a week. On Sunday she asked me if she could see me again before she goes, and when was I free. We settled on either Weds, Thurs or Fri, but she'd let me know. As I know she has deadlines that need to be finished before she goes and she's very busy with work at the moment - so I told her I'd be flexible which she appreciated.

A (nice and engaged on her part) bit of back and forth yesterday but she never referenced the meetup so I asked if I'm going to be able to pull her away from her work for a little bit before she goes. That was last night (but still at a reasonable time that could have been responded to).

Bear in mind Weds was one of the possible days mentioned. It's 8:30 on Weds and I haven't heard from her since (24 hours now). Like I kept lads waiting for 5 a side until 4pm today that were sweating on me to fill in, because I wasn't sure if we were going to be meeting tonight. At that point I just said fcuk it, I'll play if I haven't left it too late for ye. So I did.

I think if you had any respect at all for someone you wouldn't do that to them, regardless of not being a big texter. I genuinely don't know what her deal is. Whatever it is, I'm nigh on reaching my breaking point now. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Tbh I have seen the writing on the wall for this one. But let’s see…

No I don't.

I wouldn't mind introducing that as a method of communication but knowing her the calls would be ignored.

Like she never looks at her phone with me, but on Sunday I had her on google maps. Her best friend (who she was just talking up to high heavens) messaged her about something that if I had my phone out I'd probably have responded to, but she didn't. That was about 45 minutes into a nearly 6 hour date.

Which is why I know that treatment isn't just reserved for me.

But when I'm literally waiting around because I thought we might be doing something, and she can't be arsed to tell me what's going on, that's just not acceptable for me. If she didn't want to or couldn't, just say no. At least I'd have my answer and could make other plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Aw, just tell her. I know the inclination is to bolt and run but you need to lay it out there. Not in a freaky way - but just to say you like her but the lack of communication makes you question things, etc.

Im in a very similar position to you - every date is wonderful and I’m hopeful, in between I’m questioning everything. Time will tell…..

I'm not questioning things really - as in I'm confident she likes me in whatever way that manifests itself for her.

But she has to be right for me too.

And I refuse to believe, that bad communicator or not, she thinks it's ok to leave me not knowing what the story is for 24+ hours for something she originally asked me about. Like I empathised with her when she opened up a bit and I was happy to treat a day without comms as not a big deal. But in this specific instance it's not acceptable to me.

The only reason I let it get this far is that our dates are the 5 best dates I've ever had with one person.

If she messages me tomorrow saying she wants to see me tomorrow night or Friday night I'm back at that place I was Saturday where I'm having to talk myself into it. My inclination if she does is just to say no to meeting, and if she wants we can chat when she's back.

Is it just a lack of comms in between for you? Or what is he at?

I won't be reaching out again until she messages me.

And I'm pretty much decided that I won't be seeing her tomorrow or Friday even if she asks me tomorrow.

I think it’s fair enough to prioritise work when required, especially if you announced it in advance.

Dont think theres any excuse for 24 hour plus radio silence when I ask about plans she suggested making, work or no work. Takes 30 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

This is the thing. While some people aren't addicted to their phones like me for instance, Nobody is busy for the whole day that they can't pick up the phone and send a quick message. Waiting 24 hours seems to me like they mightn't be interested. If someone likes you, they'd like to contact you when they can get the chance.

It’s not great, but I also think it’s really exhausting when someone gets continuously pissy without explaining their moods (and you can tell, even if you aren’t sure why they are angry).

Might not be relevant in your case but I bet you have experienced it before too.

See sometimes she responds instantly and sends on multiple paragraphs. Then other times I'll hear from her once a day or even not at all. I was willing to make peace with all of that.

But it's just the entire concept of her suggesting we meet, then not responding to me when I ask, even allowing one of the suggested days to pass with no indication of what's happening. That's just a joke tbh.

The most charitable interpretation was that she wanted to wait until she could give me a definitive day to answer me. But even that really doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

I've never once complained to her about her communication style. Quite the opposite actually. I've told her that I understand shes busy and I've tried to remove the pressure from the situation, and support her. I've tried to make things as easy breezy as humanly possible even to the detriment of my own needs.

I've never gone on a date in a bad mood, and I've never let my bad mood come across over message. Any time she's apologised (which I never asked for) for not getting back to me within a certain timeframe, I've ignored it and continued on with the conversation as if she had responded to me instantly.

I've moaned on here quite a bit as it's been my outlet to avoid sending any negativity her way.

You misunderstood me, which is probably my fault.

I have had women (2) who suddenly burst into a barrage of laments without ever having mentioned any of this previously. By the time they had their adorable tantrums they had build up all of their unvoiced frustration to this explosion point. I’m sure every second person on this thread has come across this. It’s just exhausting

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Is she meeting others? Sounds like she could be keeping her options open as well. But who knows for sure. We could be wrong but if someone's likes you they'd be up for meeting when they can and taking the time to get back to you soonish.

Oh, are you saying that I've built stuff up in my head and not communicated anything and not given her a chance to rectify or address any of it?

I’m saying that you will blow it up if you can’t tell her why the current situation is bothering you.

She said she wasn't seeing anyone else or still swiping.

She enthusiastically accepts my date requests (even if it sometimes takes her ages to respond to them, though sometimes she responds instantly), if she can't do a day she always offers an alternative. She's forthcoming with ideas/activities/places to go on our dates.

Sunday it really did feel like we had moved to another level. I was happy to accept the flaws in communications after she opened up to me and addressed certain worries and stressors. But the most recent behaviour really isn't acceptable to me.

To be clear - I wouldn't have minded being told no I won't have time to see you but I'll see you when I get back or being told I'm not sure, can you leave it with me. Just something so I wasn't wondering today whether I could go and play football or would the plans that she originally suggested making come to fruition. The icing on the cake then is that this will run into tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I just find it hard to believe that she doesn't know that this behaviour isn't right.

I don't think it's something that really needs to be explained.

If you suggest seeing me on one of 3 days, please let me know what's happening when I ask (within reason) and don't let one of the possible days go entirely by without communicating to me at all.

Advertisement