Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lunablau

I wouldn't take anything a Tesla rep says as gospel - they all tell you different things depending on who you talk to

• Registered Users Posts: 2 puneet

Hi All,

I recently booked a Model Y from inventory, listed as "In Transit - Arriving Soon." However, the order status within my account now shows the estimated delivery as "TBD", with a note saying "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."

Does anyone have experience with this process and know how long it typically takes after reaching this stage?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got my Model Y delivery date for next Tuesday, email just came in.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jellies

Yep. Mine is for collection next Tuesday also. Just need the reg number now so I can insure it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 puneet

Great! When did you place your order and which model did you choose? It appears that there's a significant number of orders for the Standard range models, and many of us haven't been provided with a delivery date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Early Jan, long range from inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Also got collection date for next Tuesday. Model Y LR custom order ordered first of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That's some turnaround for a custom order, isn't it? I wonder are they able to re-route something with the same configuration that was destined for another country if it's cancelled or something. Great result for you either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Nothing is really a “custom” order with Tesla. They just put a selection of cars on a ship in China, send it to Europe and allocate from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck lads for those collecting soon, I can feel the excitement. It's almost 2 years ago for me, but feels only like yesterday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Malacca Highway is due into Dublin port on the 27th Feb at 23:58 from Zeebrugge hopefully the next batch is on her.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It was basically a car that was already on route that was surplus or cancelled and it met the custom order.

It wouldn’t be from another country as we are the only RHD cars on route in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Between the revenue issue (was that only M3H?) and the incoming M3H in general, is the consensus that we should expect a heap of second hand EVs (maybe a chunk of M3?) to be hitting the second hand market in the next couple of weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

There was also a ship that went from gottenberg to zeebruge, given that Sweden is rhd there could be some destined for the Irish market on it. It’s currently docked.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Sweedan has been driving on teh left since 1967. Zero chance of Tesla cars for Ireland following that route

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

Could have sworn one of the Nordic countries were rhd…

regardless there’s a ship currently docked that should have Irish cars on it and one off the west coast of Africa on its way. There’s one due in Southampton as well and there’s mention on the U.K. forum that they sometimes offload U.K. cars there then head to zeebruge with eu and some Irish cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yeah the G. Poseidon arrived in Zeebrugge from Shanghai on Monday. Cars for Ireland will then be loaded on the a Kess ship for Dublin. The next one is due to arrive on the 27th Feb

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SimaticK

Would they already be in inventory or can we expect an inventory update on Tuesday/ Wednesday once they arrive in the country?

• Advertisement

Just got collection email for MY. Next Thursday 29th. Ordered Feb 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

The Model Y deliveries I find confusing. Tesla delivered 1,524 Model Ys in Ireland in the first half of 2023. World's most popular car. I expected there to be a very large backlog here accordingly. Yet cars ordered this month are being collected this month. Granted some inventory cars come up from cancellations, so perhaps it's a case that there are 500+ being delivered on custom orders and the lucky few like Wayneenterprise win the inventory ones? I'm getting a M3 so more curious than impacted. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

I have a custom order model y since start of Feb with no VIN and est delivery of Apr-May.

trying to cancel this order as I ordered an inventory model Y on the 13th Feb and have a collection date of next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

When do tesla give you reg number? They made contact to collect tomorrow but nothing since and no reg so we can get insurance sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Generally 24-48 hours prior to your collection

Mine is a custom order. It all just depends on colour and spec and if there is one that matches on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

The reg number is normally on the documents in your account. You should get it today or first thing in the morning.

Again I think it’s down to the fact that “custom orders” are not built to order like other manufacturers. Tesla simply produce a number of cars in each colour, seat colour, tow bar, range combo. They will obviously have some idea which variants are the most popular. Then they throw some on a ship and match them to orders from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ir3

I ordered an inventory M3H on 30th January and collected 19th Feb so if it’s in stock there’s no messing about!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I custom ordered a M3 in Feb 22 and collected less than a month later, delivery date never changed, luck of the draw I guess

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement