Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭seananigans

His day job is county development officer, essentially going around schools teching hurling, it'll either make or break him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

I just listened to the interview he did with Wooly. I'm even more confused. But he seems to be dealing with stress and anxiety when it comes to playing for Waterford, for sure. Relief is a word he used to be not playing. I think it was a bit too heavy for Wooly, he didn't push him on it (which is only fair).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

In fairness he’s not helping himself with all these interviews. Everyday you open the paper he seems to be on it. If he wants to step away from it and get his head right then do it properly and step away from the media stuff aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Senior Football match vs Longford moved from Fraher Field to Carriganore and then Ballygunner

Farce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

How is it a farce? The match was down to be played in Fraher field. After the heavy rainfall on already saturated ground the match was moved to Carriganore, which after a pitch inspection was also deemed unplayable again because of the heavy rainfall. So it was moved to Ballygunner and played under lights without incident, quite a decent game in fact.

I'm no fan of the County Board but what exactly was farcical about the situation and what should have occurred instead? Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Venom69

Ballygunner's pitch was in top notch condition today for footballers.

In fairness that was a decent showing yesterday from the footballers. Looks like they were ahead for a good bit too.

I know there’s trolls on here constantly in about banishing the football team etc but I actually wonder if there would be merit in going back to junior level even just for a year, it might actually generate a bit of success and give the county football setup the kick in the backside it needs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Next weekend's live GAA coverage on TV:

Saturday

5.15pm: Tyrone v Mayo (F) - RTÉ 2

7.30pm: Dublin v Kerry (F) - TG4

Sunday

1.45pm: Galway v Derry (F) - TG4

1.45pm: Wexford v Clare (H) - TG4 app

3pm: Armagh v Donegal (F) - BBC iPlayer

3.45pm: Cork v Waterford (H) - TG4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Just see there that PJ Fanning who played at corner back for Mary I on Saturday last in fitzgibbon final is a son of Pauric Fanning... PJ played very very well.. spent a good chunk of game on Mark Rodgers... i was really impressed by him.. has he played for Waterford up along???

• Advertisement

Have we a definite word yet on date on new sponsor launch and jersey and dare I say supporters club launch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭914

Curtain rasier for Sundays game is an Under 20 challenge game between Cork and Galway. No reason our county board cant do the same for either the Wexford or Kilkenny home games given both are throwing in after/at 3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Depends if the pitch can cope with a double header and if the dressing room facilities are sufficient, there hasn't been an intercounty double header in Wexford Park since 2019 as the dressing rooms are to small for modern day back room set ups, there being renovated later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

Shane McGrath previews the Cork game in his article on the RTE website. He does manage to mention they are playing Waterford but that's the only reference to us.

Some man to talk pure waffle that fellah, loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Nothing re supporters club, which officers had previously mentioned would be launched between rounds 2 and 3 of the league.

Sponsorship, still working through the formalities seemingly. With it being a multinational company rather than the local TQS, this is a more complicated procedure. Still very frustrating it hasn’t been done by now and has left our finances in significant bother.

Clubs buying 2 10 year season tickets at half price to provide some cash for the board while no sponsor in place. Clubs will get some return from this deal at least.

A win against Cork would be great but we will need a big improvement esp getting rid of that 2nd half lull we've seen in the first 2 games. Cork will be bulls to get a win esp at home

I'm not having a go at you as there have been issues in both league games and the pre season game against Tipp, but the lull after half time is the sort of thing that may be due to heavy training at the moment. It's a fair point to raise but it is one I'll wait for championship to see what happens then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

He was even worse previewing the Clare game the week before. 6 paragraphs entirely given over to Clare and where there at and what they need to do. It was so bad that if you didn't know the fixtures you wouldn't know they were to play us because "Waterford" wasn't even mentioned once!

He's the same muppet who was banging on on the RTE podcast about the Ballygunner players not willing to play for the County when there is about 7 of them on the extended panel and about 4 who have given great service and are in their 30's. He's an awful tool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

After the first round of league games he did a review and I noticed he mentioned every (top 8 hurling) county apart from ourselves. I let it go on the basis that we had only played Offaly and we've done little to warrant even being spoken about anyway but seeing yet again not even so much as a line or two on Waterford is a bit insulting.

Must be those Superdry or A&F t-shirts he paints himself into cutting off the air to his brain.

Heard azzuri selling Waterford jerseys for 16 euro now .

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Lads like Shane McGrath and Michael Duignan.....you'd wonder how the hell they get media gigs! They offer nothing except sh*te talk and pander to the 'traditionalists'. Shane McGrath whinged about yellow sliothars last year....! I'll say no more.

Duignans all right at least put his money where his mouth is by going into Offaly to try and instil the change he was harping on about for years

McGrath don’t get me started I don’t know how he gets so much airtime it seems RTE like go for people who can talk a lot but say nothing these days youd miss the old school analysis is of lads like Loughnane Mulcahy Cyril Farrell

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭whiteandblue

Eirgrid U-20 Football

Sat. 16th March WEirgrid U-20 Football

Sat. 16th March Waterford V Clare – Fraher Field 2pm.

Sat. 23rd March Limerick V Waterford – Rathkeale 2pm.

Sat. 30th March Waterford V Tipperary – Lemybrien 2pm.

O’Neills.com U-20 Hurling

Fri. 5th April Waterford V Cork – Fraher Field 7pm.

Fri. 19th April Waterford V Tipperary – Fraher Field 7pm.

Fri. 3rd May Clare V Waterford – Sixmilebridge 7pm.

Fri. 7th May Limerick V Waterford – TUS Gaelic Grounds 7.30pm.

Electric Ireland Minor Hurling

Thurs. 4th April Clare V Waterford – Sixmilebridge 7pm.

Thurs. April 11th Waterford V Tipperary – Fraher Field 7pm.

Thurs. April 25th Waterford V Cork – Fraher Field 7pm.

Thurs. May 3rd Limerick V Waterford – TUS Gaelic Grounds 7pm.

Electric Ireland Minor Football

Tues. 2Nd April Clare V Waterford – Quilty 7pm.

Tues. 9th April – Waterford V Tipperary – Lemybrien 7pm.

Tues. 16th April – Waterford V Limerick – Lemybrien 7pm.aterford V Clare – Fraher Field 2pm.

Sat. 23rd March Limerick V Waterford – Rathkeale 2pm.

Sat. 30th March Waterford V Tipperary – Lemybrien 2pm.

O’Neills.com U-20 Hurling

Fri. 5th April Waterford V Cork – Fraher Field 7pm.

Fri. 19th April Waterford V Tipperary – Fraher Field 7pm.

Fri. 3rd May Clare V Waterford – Sixmilebridge 7pm.

Fri. 7th May Limerick V Waterford – TUS Gaelic Grounds 7.30pm.

Electric Ireland Minor Hurling

Thurs. 4th April Clare V Waterford – Sixmilebridge 7pm.

Thurs. April 11th Waterford V Tipperary – Fraher Field 7pm.

Thurs. April 25th Waterford V Cork – Fraher Field 7pm.

Thurs. May 3rd Limerick V Waterford – TUS Gaelic Grounds 7pm.

Electric Ireland Minor Football

Tues. 2Nd April Clare V Waterford – Quilty 7pm.

Tues. 9th April – Waterford V Tipperary – Lemybrien 7pm.

Tues. 16th April – Waterford V Limerick – Lemybrien 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Duignan is a b@llacks and has never had a good thing to say about Waterford, and his Leinster bias toward Kilkenny in the noughties was sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

All depends on the numbers really. I'd heard that TQS were getting sponsorship at sub market rate, so worth putting time into this to maximise incomes. It's a short term cashflow issue if we end up increasing our sponsorship by 20%+ for next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Any particular reason why none of the underage games are being played in Walsh park?

• Advertisement

Possibly a requirement for lights for some of the early ones. But beyond that I don't know.

Advertisement