Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Where did he pull 8 minutes from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

great goal and all, but Robbo, seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

And after all that all of the front 3 score a goal. Just goes to show how much better they could have been doing first half. All things considered that is one of the most impressive halves of football I've seen from us in a very long time. Hats off to the lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Robertson looks to be moving just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Endo has been a rock in fairness.

Much needed in these turbulent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

Endo immense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Cracking 2nd half absolutely battered them on to Sunday now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think his old fella got sent off against Liverpool in Klopp’s first season at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭steve_r

I've never seen the lad before, and you know his Dad's age, fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

That Elliot goal must be the most depleted first 11 on the pitch we ever had in a premier league game scoring a goal. Elliott’s celebration was surrounded by Quansah, McConnell, Clark and Danns!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, googled him when i saw the teamsheet since i'd never seen his name before - instantly felt fckin ancient between himself and 16 year old Nyoni!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Elliot looked like their cool uncle having a kick about with them on the AstroTurf 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Massive win.

Whatever Klopp did at half time, I can only commend him. Such a change in the second half performance. So so so so important to get the win and keep that cushion.

With a team largely made up of reserves.

That was sound out of Rob Edwards there, giving Jayden Danns a bit of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭Damien360

What's the Luton managers link to Danns or his dad ? Seemed very happy to chat to him at the end with Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Great turnaround.

Not confident about these players against stronger opposition, hopefully some returning from injury soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Absolutely beaming, serious pride in that. Never thought we'd be talking about an improvement in our goal difference by the end of that.

Bradley is like another MacAllister in many ways, pops up everywhere and never seems to play the wrong ball.

Outstanding performance by Mac (2 assists) and VVD to get us back into it. Only great keeping stop Virg getting a second.

And the front three, well, if you told me at HT thed get a goal each, I wouldn't have believed it.

This team can give Chelsea a challenge on Sunday and with any luck our injury situation won't be this bad again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I suppose we sometimes forget how young Elliott is and yet has so much played

• Advertisement

Also Quansah is having a superb season. Looks so much more mature in his game than he actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Unbelievable second half response. Brilliant!

Must admit I had a lump in my throat watching Klopp celebrate that one with the fans... all four sides of Anfield seeing the fist pumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,532 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fist pumps from Jurgen for all 4 sides of the ground, and super hugs all round, he knows he's in a title race, 12 games to go, one by one we're ticking the games off.

The players are going to miss these hugs, Alonso is like '' don't touch me, don't touch me'' 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Great result. Think we'll need Salah and Nunez back on Sunday if we're to compete though.

Ah here feck off with that crap after a great win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,618 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chalk & cheese between the 2 halves, particularly as far as Elliott and the front 3 are concerned. Endo isa super player. Bargain of the season.

• Advertisement

I think it's fair concern? It's not like I'm booing them off the pitch they did well.

Not sure about Edwards having a link to Danns but Rob Edwards & Ljinders did their coaching badges together

Edit: this might explain it

He would have been there even quicker only for the ankle break against Leeds. He's a really good player and I think a lot of people overlook him and his contributions.

What a bloody lovely evening that turned out to be!

Bradley's quite slight, but christ he's so strong! He wins the physical battles that you often see Trent lose. Can really see his Gaelic Football background in the way he uses his body, invites full contact rather than shying away from it.

Goosebumps there with Klopp fist bumps at the end.

The crowd were up for it but most importantly he's up for it. He's not letting this title go. Can we bottle up his half time talks and keep them forever?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Amazing second half performance, thought Bradley set the tempo for the first 15 mins of that half, he was everywhere, brilliant bullet header from VVD to ease the tension and Endo motm for me. In Quansah & Bradley we have discovered 2 starters who have winners written all over them.

We can watch City & Arsenal play this weekend where anything dropped is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Great win, the lads done good.

Youd hope all 3 of Diaz, Elliot and Gapko scoring will do their confidence the world of good because they’ll need to much sharper vs Chelsea.

With Nunez / Salah not even on the bench tonight I think their issues are worse than Klopp leading on . Major possibly we end up seeing the same mid and forward line on Sunday. Having to start with the Gravenberch/Elliot combo on Sunday would be disaster really , Gravenberch in particular far too anonymous

Grav can be anonymous alright, and I'd rather not need him on Sunday - but he was very good tonight. Really got stuck in in the middle and distributed the ball well. All three midfielders were strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Not disagreeing with you about how good Endo has been but for me MacAllister has been the bargain of the season. What was it? About 35 million?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah you couldn't really fault the midfield tonight, they were winning the ball every time. It was the lack of composure in the first half from.the forward line.

Maybe going behind didnt help them and they needed Klopp talk to relax them at ht.

Gomez will feel very hard done by if he doesn't start Sunday, he was excellent again tonight. I'd leave Robertson on bench again and bring him on as at least he's an attacking option esp if Salah/Nunez missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,532 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salnez will play the final, no doubt, it was right not to ply them with medication to play tonight, it wasn't the CL Final, they'll be rested for over a week come Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i can't believe we're in this position with 12 games to go.

none of us thought we'd be here at the start of the season, nor did we have a right to be.

what i would give for us to finish this off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I thought both Grav and Elliot were excellent tonight, particularly Elliot...

Whatever happens at the weekend, we'll finish it top of the table.

• Advertisement

Perspective, Grav is only a few months older than Elliott and Conor Bradley! He played very well tonight, and yes he can be a bit anonymous sometimes.

Start Joe at RB Sunday, bring Bradley on and shift Joe to LB as i doubt Robbo will play 90.

Great position to be in having points on the board too, Arsenal and City still have to win their game in hand and Arsenal are coming off a tough loss in Portugal.

If Elliott gets more consistent with his finishing he will be world class, he has everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The only one I thought you could pick fault over a full 90 might be Joe struggling with Ogbene and then losing possession in a few dangerous positions.

Then he moved to RB and he hugely improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

We're currently on 60 points with 12 games left. I reckon 90 points is enough for the title. That's 9 wins and 3 draws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

Giles was talking about this a while back on the radio, how it can take forwards a while to get the better of defenders in a game, get a read on how they defend and wear them down. Mentioned it was part of the reason forwards get pissed off when they are subbed late in a game when they feel like they have worked out the defence

Great option as an attacking midfielder alright. I'm never too happy seeing him in the front 3 though, since he just doesn't have the pace for it, but as a midfielder he brings tonnes of energy, maintains the ball really well, and can drive inside pretty well.

Especially happy with the physicality of Gakpo and Grav tonight - both big lads, but haven't been using that strength with any real aggression or intention, until tonight. Both really got stuck in tonight and imposed themselves on things. We'd seen that in spells last season with Gakpo, but he's been a bit more meek for some reason this year.

Just saw this on Reddit. Obviously Tsimksas is wrong because he's been available the last two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I honestly think the only thing that may stop this team is sadly the injuries. Because we can't rotate as much lads will feel more tired and potentially pick up knocks.

• Advertisement

There plenty of evidence from comments here during the match how infuriating Elliot was in first half. Agree a lot more dangerous 2nd half and deserved his goal.

Grav doesn’t impact the midfield in the same way Endo/Mac do and goes too long in games absolutely anonymous . I wouldn’t agree he was excellent tonight

Advertisement