Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good start to the week. Not raining and a beautiful bright morning out there. Smells of spring are in the air and our next bank holiday is 4 weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Great to see the brightness creeping into the mornings. Was bright at 7.30 this morning, normally the drive in to the office has been totally dark, but this morning as I drove along the canal I noticed the brightness and couldn't believe by 7.30 it was daylight. Love seeing the days start to get longer.

We went for a walk in St. Catherines park yesterday and it was great to see all the flowers start to come to life & growth coming back, it was a real sign that spring is here, was lovely getting outdoors & enjoying a blue sky and it not being baltic!!

Good for the soul!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I noticed how bright it was this morning as well. Could see the light creeping behind the curtains when the clock went off at 7. Looks like a nice day out too, looking forward to getting my walk in at lunchtime.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is the last full week of February, this month is flying in. Can't believe tomorrow is already the 20th!

Friday week is March! & day 299 on the countdown too, so finally out of the 300's... that seems the fastest I can ever remember that happening.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Ooh, day 299 aswell. Now there's a Friday to look forward to. 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for all the kind wishes for my mam amazingly she’s looking like she’s going to be getting sent home tomorrow. Means another trip to Tipp is on the cards with the two boys but for the best reason possible.

Ah fantastic news! She'll be only delighted to get the cuddles in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Great stuff @Loughc . Chuffed for you and your Mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A cup of te

Good news about your mam, LoughC :) I love the cold and dark when we have Christmas to look forward to but when that is over then I'm ready for things to heat up a bit and for it to be a bit brighter. It's definitely changing a good bit these days. Good to see.

There was a lovely stretch in the evening yesterday! Does the soul good to see it! Felt like we had a bit of an evening left when I was collecting the kids from creche - even though we only went home and did the homework. Looking forward to another few weeks time when they can go out for a play when they get home.

At this stage I'm convinced the weather doesn't know what it's meant to be doing...

Feeling sluggish this week I'm blaming the weather.

Driving to Westport yesterday & the weather was awful, monotonous grey sky & lashing rain all the way, got there and the wind was blowing wildly & it was pretty cold too, went to my forst meeting that lasted 2 hours, came out, calm, clear blue sky, sun out & clearly warmer. Made the drive home a lot more enjoyable.

Went for a walk when I got home about an hour later & it was freezing cold!!

Weather, as ever is consistently inconsistent!

I think we'll pay yet for the warm weather that we've gotten lately, it will be like winter for Paddy's Day.

Tell you what, wasn't warm at hurling training tonight, my hands were frozen.

Got chilly the minute the sun went down. Friday already tomorrow been a quick week!

Yes, went very chilly last night. A cold wind has come in the last couple of evenings.

I played hurling myself into my 30's, love the game. You can't beat getting a smack on the hand when it's freezing! ❄️😄

• Advertisement

I stopped playing at 19 when Hockey took over, went back coaching about 8/9 years ago & got drafted into the senior team at 48 years of age about 3 years ago to be a 'sub' (thats how it was put to me at the time anyway) and have now played most games since then, thank christ I'm still reasonably fit, though I must admit its getting harder & harder on the body even in Div.8!!🤣

Great game though. Love it.

I was only thinking this this morning when the kids were asking if it would snow and then lamenting that we've seen no snow so far this winter. We'll either be frozen for all of March or washed out of it for the entire summer

Jan 2021 was the last time I saw proper snow here in Dublin.

I hate this new weather model of wet and mild winters and wet and cold summers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We've had a small bit of snow here this morning and now it's lashing hailstones! The one day I have to go out - to get my hair done!!

the concensus does seem to be that we'll get warmer & wetter summers & milder & wet winters, so basically we'll get loads more rain... typical!

Is it time to put a dome on the country and call it a day?

It works for the Wimbledon tournament!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No idea which thread would.suit this best so I'll put it here....a Christmas basement 🤩

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3EFGfjLC-S/?igsh=MWRtdGdxbXhtY2hlMw==

• Advertisement

Ha ha, wouldn't you love to have a small room in your house decorated all year round. You could just go in and sit in the one armchair in the middle of the room and cheer yourself up.

Only thing is if someone outside your family ever saw it they might think, psycho! 😂

Advertisement