Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrew Zarian saying this years Forbidden Door will be in Arthur Ashe and Grand Slam will be held elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know if it was Ric or poor audio but I have no idea what he was saying. Was he complaining that he wasn't facing Sting?

Looked like Hangman was injured. Thought he landed hard then he tagged and rolled out. Hope nothing serious, for his sake. Mixed reports online from what I see.

Revolution PPV card is stacked

Sting/Darby Allin vs Young Bucks

Samoa Joe vs Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page

Eddie Kingston vs Bryan Danielson

Toni Storm vs Deonna Purrazzo

Christian Cage vs Daniel Garcia

Orange Cassidy vs Roderick Strong

Will Ospreay vs Konosuke Takeshita

FTR vs Jon Moxley/Claudio Castagnoli

Meat Madness Wardlow vs Powerhouse Hobbs vs a few ????

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It was so bloody good, really emotional. I cannot bloody wait for that retirement match

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea no idea what Ric was say either, something like him not being here the last few weeks and keeping options open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

Shes a writer... who doesn't appear on TV.. you need need an announcement to say she's AllElite. It is just pandering to the marks IMO.

Another case of getting one over the WWE who she recently worked for up until recently.

Its a good appointment which will hopefully help the womens division however and that can only be good for business

Comparing her role vs McAfee is chalk and cheese. He is an announcer, part time competitor, former NFL punter, has an ESPN show and pulled in millions of views.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

" It is just pandering to the marks IMO."

Heaven forbid. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I have to say I always find people who use the term “Marks” online to describe fans of anything other then the WWE to be the biggest WWE “Marks” themselves.

Its such a lazy sad term to use that and it say more about the person using it than the fan base they speaking about.

Regards,

P

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

Ha. I’m not taking any sides , I’ve been a pro wrestling fan for over 20years.

im neither pro WWE or pro AEW.. I grew up a fan and will always be one.

im just not a fan of announcing a staff writer in the way it was done by AEW.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it's a "bigger picture" thing though.

They're doing the same as they did with Punk, in so far as they've not confirmed it's happening, but are teasing and hinting it in different ways. The naming of the upcoming show is the same as making a big deal of the staff writer signing. In isolation, it seems a bit stupid. In reality, it hypes up Mercedes' upcoming debut, without actually hyping it up. One graphic, and all the news reports are putting Mercedes' name in their headlines alongside AEW's.

• Advertisement

The Meltzer Driver is now called the Tony Khan Driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

This version of Saraya is brutal, the promo introducing her brother was cringe...poor old zodiac only getting a deal because of her, having been rejected everywhere else for years

Post edited by Cotts72 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Only seen online that the address he shouted at Danny Garcia regarding his mother on Dynamite is a cemetary!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Christian is absolutely hilarious and an absolute legend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

only getting a deal because she sucks **** imo

Mod edit: poster was warned for this no further discussion please

Post edited by Necro on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users Posts: 54,277 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Seeing RJs face after the Judge Judy promo made my weekend, it was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 86,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is there any update on MJF

New backstage interviewer

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Punk_N_Wrestlin

Greetings everyone, (first time commenter). Big Punk (Not CM) and Wrestling fan.

Honestly did not realise AEW had a good little community here in Ireland and thought I would join myself. Been a wrestling fan for the past 30+ years on and off and been with AEW since the start. Since the original Double or Nothing anyway. Some things I am loving with Aew at the minute are probably:

• Christian Cage being everyone's da. (Should go up to the liberties where all the fatherless children are, and make a killing on Father's day),
    • Swerve Strickland being one of the most unique guys in the business today. Bonus points now that were all cheering him when he was the one breaking into Hangman's gaff.
    • Osperay & Okada (possibly), coming in. I know Okada isn't at the same level he was with Kenny Omega a few years back but still a big big signing if they get him. And Will being hands down the best wrestler on the planet.
    • Womens div. getting better.
    • The Bucks having finally a new character for the first time in what feels like forever, hope it lasts.

Looking forward to this weeks Dynamite! Be kind, have a touch of the tism. Cheers lads - Karl

• Advertisement

New Dynamite logo

The 1994 Crow inspired Sting

The 2024 Crow inspired by Darby Alllin

Bruv is in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah prefer a long haired crow not this new age version

Ffs Ric Flair in a ring in 2024 is embarrassing. He's going too cost Sting isn't he

Sting from the rafters was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Such a bang of Succession off the Buck’s new theme.

Also very nice of Sting to just watch Darby and Flair getting plummeted first before finally coming down from the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Bit of a whimper of a go home show except for the Sting stuff.

Sting coming out of the rafters one last time, freaking awesome. TYB's EVP gimmick is really great.

Get Ric Flair out of here though, looked shite and he adds nothing at this point.

Tony said they are expanding the PPV’s to 9/10 a year he thinks 9 is perfect himself.

AEW Dynasty is a POV set for April according to Fightful.

MJF’s stable in MLW was called The Dynasty and Hammerstone & Holiday who were in that stable with MJF are both free agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Punk_N_Wrestlin

Greetings all again, Revolution card looking exciting!

Hangman and Swerve just have that all time feud energy going into every match I've seen them in, its really helped make Swerve a star and give Hangers an edge that he definitely needed. (Seen shades of it in the punk feud but not enough). Loved his unhinged energy.

Loved Stings final run with the company, really helped someone like Darby who really kills himself for every match.

Kind of wish Jericho would take a break to go do Fozzy shite... battle royal looks decent though, hopefully the winner gets a decent run at a title.

Also technically last week, but dahm that Wardlow promo. Been needing something like that since he beat MJF in 20 seconds. Really hope it helps make Wardlow a legit main eventer and give the UK some cred, hoping for a Roddie / Cassidy killer match to drive it home.

And finally Bruvs debut! Legit best wrestler in the world in ring. Takeshita a potential star. Going to be whopper!

Cheers lads - Karl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How long will Stings retirement last esp if he stays on as darbys Mentor/manager

Maybe come out with no face paint etc

Advertisement