Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Rathkeale always seemed a bit of a stupid choice for the centre of excellence in terms of geography. But a lot of money was put in there between the new stand, gym and the 3g pitch is being replaced soon as well. Will cost a lot to do it again in Crecora.

Something that would be very welcome is a few good centrally located pitches with stands for the club championships. The city has nothing like Rathkeale,Kilmallock or Doon. A roof and a bit of paving in Claughaun or something in this new Enda's pitch maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rjoe90

Agreed, seems crazy to bring a centre of excellence all the way out to rathkeale, however it does suit the football demographic better. Patrickswell would also be a better location for the hurling so if they are prepared to put the money in to have it state of the art with pitches/gyms/facilities it would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭NJSC1980

What’s the story with Staker Wallace? Doesn’t look like it would take too much more for their facilities to obtain centre of excellence status but you don’t hear too much about it being used by county teams in recent years.

Would be good to have something in the South division given the overall strength of hurling in that division.

The problem with staker Wallace is that it is so far out from the main hurling population.

Definitely not a good option. No need to be asking players and parents to be driving to the middle of nowhere on dark shtty nights when you could build something just off a main road or in the city.

• Advertisement

Usage of it seemed to stop dead a few years back, that’s probably why I suppose. Just surprised given the heavy level of investment they had received, seems as though they originally had big plans for the place.

A bit surreal driving from Kilmallock to Knocklong. Normal bog standard Irish local country road then out of nowhere a little Junior GAA club appears with top class facilities, normal country road, MASSIVE MARBLE ARCHES either side of the road and back to normal country road.

Any Patrickswell folks here? Can’t help but notice there’s no Patrickswell representation on either of the u17 or u20 panels. What way is the general health of Patrickswell underage hurling?

They haven’t had the best underage teams over recent years. However as their senior team is so good they have that base where 1/2 players every few years will keep them going.

• Great to see such a spread of clubs across both underage squads. Certainly suggests rural clubs are hard at work.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Dealing with reported posts so I've deleted a few posts, no warnings yet. If you want to have a pop at each other, use PM, if you want to discuss betting use a betting thread, if you want to discuss Tipperary GAA use that thread, this thread is for Limerick GAA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a problem with a post, report it, if you have a problem with how the forum is being moderated use the feedback options available to you, call out moderation on thread is against boards.ie rules and can lead to infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Am I after hearing correct in that the Limerck v Dublin match this weekend is not on tv, but is available on GaaGO but only OUTSIDE Ireland? I've checked the GaaGO website, and it makes no mention of it. TG4 just says Live Coverage of the hurling in 2 slots, followed by deferred coverage, but doesn't mention which games. Tis bad enough that you can't watch them on tv, but to only be available on GaaGO outside of Ireland is a joke. No doubt RTE were involved in making this deal too, tis so laughable, if true.

GAAgo outside Ireland has been a thing for years before it was available here. That's what it was originally created for.

Edit: it is on foreign GAAgo. Some sports have stupid things like this. Can't watch the 3pm soccer in England but can watch it here for instance. It's about trying to get fans on seats but I doubt how successful it is. Also whoever has the rights for the game on TV won't be happy if you are watching something else ( well their advertisers won't)

Tyrone Vs Mayo is on TV during our game.

I always thought it was fair enough to have it on a service for outside Ireland only, but that was because we could watch them on local tv. Now I can't, and I don't have an option to pay someone else to watch it even if I wanted to (without having to feck about with VPNs). Not like they're the current league, Munster and All-Ireland champs. No, why would people want to watch them. Imagine if Sky decided to stop showing the (Googles last years premier league winners) Man City matches in the UK, but in Ireland people could still watch it... Madness and does nothing to encourage support of the GAA tbh.

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong, but these last couple of years seem like it's getting harder and harder to just watch the national sport on national tv. Vapid reality shows though? Can't have enough of them...

There is more games now. RTE doing league games is only in the last few years.

Next week for instance Irish people will be able to watch Manchester United on TV and English people won't. You can't even watch Italian/Spanish football on UK TV between 3pm and 5.15pm. No one cares there though because it's so much easier find illegal streams of Premier League games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Looks like its on tg4 app and being showed deferred on TV.

Sound! I'll give it a spin on that so. Cheers!

Did anyone else go for the special train. How do the tickets work ?

That’s a good team selection. 11 of the tried and trusted core, O’Connor at corner back after performing well in the Fitzgibbon Cup, and a good test for the English O’Brien O’Dálaigh full forward line. Good blend of experience/inexperience on the bench to dig us out of trouble or give a few newer faces a chance depending on how the game is going.

Looking forward to seeing how that full forward line goes, they have a solid enough team behind them.

• Advertisement

Gonna be weird seeing them in Croke Park so early in the season.

Excited by the team selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭The Guru 123

I can think of one family in Limerick who mighn’t be too excited with the team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Swap Hegarty for Mul and the front line tomorrow would essentially be our back up 6. Not a bad situation to be in going into the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭High bike

I'd say it the Morrissey family as they're no playing

Third game in a row for Reidy at 6 suggests it’s not a temporary measure and I reckon he’ll be used as an option in the half back and midfield positions going forward. That frees up a bit of room for the younger lads.

Midfield he is fine but I'm not convinced about him at centre back.

Kiely clearly looking for a ball playing understudy to Hannon at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭The Guru 123

Get a feeling you might know what I was referring to but just for clarity I’m guessing the family of the man viciously assaulted by Kyle Hayes might not be too pleased to see Kyle named in the team while he awaits his sentence in March.

Obviously they have every right to pick him but I really don’t think they should.

Advertisement