Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭plodder

To be serious for a minute, I looked into it a bit more and I don't think there's anything specifically underhand going on. The fact the revenue send a letter to the taxpayer confirming the agent, and assuming you have a chance to cancel it at that point, covers that aspect imo. The authorisation that people sign up to is based on the revenue's own form which appoints an agent for up to four years. It is just very lacking in transparency. As one woman said yesterday, when you type "tax rebates" into google the first site you get is one of these agents. They should have some minimal code of practice related to improving transparency, including requiring a link to the revenue's own information page on the agent's landing page from google ... imho.

I suppose the point he's making about the dark web is that if someone got that information off the dark web they can apply for a tax rebate on someone else's behalf, and if the actual tax payer ignores, or doesn't receive the letter from revenue, then maybe they could end up being being defrauded. I'm not sure what checks occur with the bank account information provided..... but if someone thinks they've been defrauded they should be going to the gardai, not to Joe.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• I totally agree that a law should be created where all accountants & tax agents should be required to have a Revenue.ie link on their front page. This would make entire sense.

• JOE

Bob Marlay & de Wailers from long ago

Taxrebate dot aye ee

Deposit Refund Scheme, McDonalds an dat exempt

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Today, Joe...

• Bob Marley movie, were you at a show in Dalymount Park back in the day.
    • Taxrebate.ie
    • McDonalds, whoy are they exempt from de desposit return scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,924 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

I have heard Pat Egan speak about putting on the bob Marley concert, Bob wanted the ticket prices set at a lower rate, but still wanted a lot of of money to perform.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭Tow

McDonalds are not exempt, they charged me auld lad an extra 15 Cent on a Happy Meal orange juice.

Watches every last penny he does... Disgusted at this, he checked the bottle for the Refund logo. It had none, so he interrogated the 'Crew'. They claimed they had to charge the Deposit and the bottle would be recognised by the RVMs. They pointed him to a RVM in de shopping Center, he duly went to get his refund. The RVM did not recognise de McDonald's Bottle.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,399 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Shock Resignation!

Country in Ruins!

Storm in Teacup Threatens to Spill onto Saucer!

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

A Haiku(A fancy Japanese poem) based on todays program

Siun resigns

Leaving this country in ruins

What will Joe say next?

• You’ve not done Leaving Cert biology Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭zell12

And we're off.. Dennis Ivors is colour blind, mens' problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

The noise of him chewing and slobbering is disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Joe munching on a sanggich

• Registered Users Posts: 39,399 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

For those watching in colour, the greys are all the same.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

"wales versus ireland what's de problem"

M

If he's watching it on Virgin Media it may as well be in black and white, the picture is so sheite.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

De wurld's most pointless ever complaint.

Welcome to de Lahvlahn !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Must be a spicy chicken fillet roll. very professional.

There are no green calves? Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭avfc1874

What a pro, only on air for 75 minutes and he can't stop eating during it 🤮🤢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Denis, who is colour blind, is browned off, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is Denis a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus RTE in flames and Joe is discussing the colours in the Ireland vs Wales match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

And did the Welsh team not consult with you Dennis?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

To be fair, it's not like Liveline starts at the same time every day. He was clearly caught on the hop.

Oh it does? Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭touts

It isn't the away team who changes jersey in Rugby. It's the home team. If he is such a big fan of rugby he'd know that.

M

Probably lobsters and crab claws with it being Friday.

• He has developed a mouth tic, I made that observation on a few video clips. It’s some neurological issue tbh. I remember when poor Charlie Bird came on Liveline sounding “drunk” I said to myself his mind is clearly sober but his mouth isn’t obeying his brain’s command. MND first came to mind. I think Joe has some more minor neuro issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Warren Gatland, Tom Jones and Max Boyce to be cancelled by 3PM

• Advertisement

colour of da car

Advertisement