Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Poor Korean awkwardly drinking her water when software shot his shot…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

im confused as to what happened with corkies.

im guessing they’ll do an ons and never see each other again

I hope Claire and her date meet again, both seem lovely and similarly smart

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That was the weirdest ending with the 2 Corkonians…

I don’t know ,I don’t know……definitely yes….🤔🫣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poor ginger 🙈🙈

Lord she could have delivered that better 😅😅😅 (Korean)

It seems mad that it’s not a question though when you apply - are you cool with dating somebody with kids or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Cork people are basically a separate species.

The bloke tonight reminded me of the weird Cork guy from a few years ago that had two dates.

Yay Claire and Andrew 🎉

• Advertisement

Yeah he shouldn’t have been put in that position really.

I thought he was attractive once he got over his nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That was a brutal takedown from her 🙈🙈 they should left that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭WildWater

Thought there was a bit of a slow burn there by her but it was never going to be enough to overcome the fact that he has three kids.

It was probably edited to be worse than it was. But yeah how they latched those two is beyond me…except if it was indeed done for entertainment purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Producers really taking the p155 now.

Korean girl wanted a carefree, child free, adventurous foodie and they match her with the boiled rice eating pied piper of Hamelin.its not fair on either of them when a date is doomed from the beginning simply for the show to get attention.

With regards the German girl and the Galway guy very similar outlook but was clear as day the girl wanted to go on a date with a girl and the fella wanted to go on a date with a fella. Was a grand date but could see there was no spark.

The premise of the show is to find genuine matches but increasingly they are manufacturing click bait sound bites and prescribed awkwardness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Just cancel this show already. It's beyond farcical the matches they are throwing together. Scraping the barrel for people I'd say. The whole will they/won't they question is gone now as well. You just agree to say yes on camera and then never meet up because of "distance" or "remaining friends". At least the Korean girl told it straight. There seems to be too many "characters" to put it kindly with a story to tell, rather than two regular nice people looking to make the effort and meet someone. Most of the participants seem to want to disect their date to prove they won't fit into their lifestyle, it's not an enjoyable watch anymore, extremely cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭_Knight

Ah lads who matches these people...Korean girl living in Dublin was never going to go anywhere with a lad from Donegal with 3 kids!

Hyeji had incredible legs.

Cork accent is sooooooo annoying!!!

The oldie with blonde hair...is there anything more off putting than saying they love sex.

I see Trevor Phillips from GTA5 is on the show next week!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭KevRossi

That was an odd one at times.

I liked the older couple, really thought it would click, surprised it didn't. Distance was hardly the issue, but hey-ho.

Thought the 'German' girl was very full of herself, as was he to an extent. She likes to be the one at the centre of attention and she wouldn't be with him.

Cork pair were well matched in a way, but Lorraine needs to cop on. Looking for a 'bad boy' in his mid-30's? There's loads of them around and there's a reason they are single.

And can only say WTF to the last pair. He seemed nice, nervous at first and badly dresses, but sound all the same. She's a stunner, knows what she wants in life. But Jesus H. Christ, how badly matched were they in terms of life situation and what they want. Felt sorry for them.

BTW, her very direct 'No' is a very Korean thing, they can be very blunt and to the point like that.

Thought it was an enjoyable episode overall.

Ginger guy definitely needed some practice dates before this one. Talking about gluten and how it'd make him sick and then in the interview saying if someone ate gluten and then they kissed, he'd get sick was worse again.

It's also something I would have made sure they were aware of pre date, to have gluten free options. He could have asked for ice cream or something aswell, they'd surely have that out the back.

The menu you get in the first dates mini restaurant is a shortened version available in the main restaurant which always have gluten free options. This was obviously set up by production in order that his gluten intolerance would be an issue and he would have to mention it which they knew would then put his date off. It’s a real d1ck move to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There was another coeliac on last week wasn't there? She forgot to ask for gluten free bread and her date asked for it when she went to bathroom. It's a fairly common food allergy.

From the start the Korean girl wasn't impressed. Asking straight out "are you my date?" With a look of disgust.

He was 37 I think, I don't find having 3 kids by the age of 37 that odd, tbh. However it was a complete mismatch of a date.

He seemed a decent guy, I doubt he'll be single for long , though I suspect meeting through mutual hobbies is a better avenue for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The older couple absolutely loved them, the lady had real personality and looked fantastic he was a lovely warm old school gent. Shame no romance.

The two cork ones, I am sorry but that woman would wreck anyone's head. In a word...rough...sorry. He seemed alright maybe needed a more sane match.

The two bi people, they both came across as so self obsessed I doubt room for anyone else in their lives.

The poor Donegal fella looked absolutely broken at being turned down, he seemed incredibly nervous. His date... jaysus who matched them?!? Shocking. She was so blunt I kind of found it hilarious (the story about her ugly ex etc) it must be a cultural thing...right out with the "nooo".

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Cork woman reminded me of Mairead the mammy from The Young Offenders, if they want to give Mairead a sister on the show, they have her now

I think something that the producers were definitely aware of with the Korean girl was her childhood and the similarities that her date presented.

Her mother had kids and the Dad was no longer in the picture. The mother wouldn’t allow any outsider have a part of the kids lives (albeit for very distressing reason) to the detriment of the mothers dating life.

taking that into account, it was clear as day that the Korean girl did not want to be part (in a loco parentis type way) with any children that weren’t hers. She made a comment about she’s not a saint but in my opinion it was due to her upbringing (which is fair enough)

All of this would have been apparent to the production and they still proceeded. Also, when you are going through your likes and dislikes one of the questions is ‘would you date someone with kids’. Penny for a pound she would have said ‘NO’ but that’s manna from heaven for tv media.

• Advertisement
Advertisement