Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - New season title pending....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Here it is if you want to see it. Took them ~30 minutes to put the list together that runs across several years and threads so given the terrible search functionality they must keep a list of mean comments about Munster players. Sad is your word, not mine.

I'd totally forgot the interaction with them until they randomly brought it up today for some weird point scoring reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Ha, like, I said at the time, you asked for them! :P

I will take a page out of your approach to these discussions and ask that you provide several examples of those kind of comments at a point of time when POM was in form and playing well.

You then claimed I was "dredging up comments" even tho you were the one who asked for them.

You literally asked for them in the previous post, dude :P

Also, no I don't keep a list of "mean comments". I agree, that would be sad. But the search functionality isn't as bad as you seem to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

They seemed bereft of talent on the bench and power on the bench more than leadership to me. They pretty consistently fell apart when the other team emptied their bench.

The role for POM would be perfect if he was free. If he's not free its a whole different proposition. Someone who plays more COULD be more valuable. There are a lot of variables to it. People always talk up how important mentoring is but being available to play is better.

Farrell obviously rates murray higher than casey (and rates all three scrum halves WAY higher than whoever is 4th). So, i don't see that changing.

• Advertisement

Kendellan just scored a Coombes try

Munster owning the ball at the moment

Quins with a try off a maul. Munster get a Try from the restart

Lovely try for Quins from a lineout. Scored under the posts

• Advertisement

If Munster are missing talent on the bench, I don't see that improving next year by dumping POM and Murray. While more of a debate at national level, their competition for spots in Munster isn't there yet.

Obviously free is better from a Munster perspective, but they aren't going to get a player of POM's level for the cost - especially with the IRFU paying a portion.

I presume Munster wanting it for free is why this whole thing ended up in the media in the first place. There was nothing to gain from the IRFU leaking it but there was potentially from the other parties. Fair play to them, they played the usuals like a fiddle and probably got a better deal than if they didn't, even if it made the environment more toxic.

Half time, Munster lead 19-14.

Munster deserve to be in the lead but Quins fully deserve their two tries.

Like, you literally did:

My post:

I'd wager for the last 5 years or more POM has received over-the-top criticism more than most. There have been a small handful of posters in the past who wanted him bomb out of the extended squad to never play for Ireland again. That's been repeated on here a number times since about 2018, I'd wager.

Your reply:

I will take a page out of your approach to these discussions and ask that you provide several examples of those kind of comments at a point of time when POM was in form and playing well.

This is beyond silly at this point so I'm gonna it at that. There's no point arguing with someone who's just not going to accept the facts. Case in point above.

Quins score a minute into the 2nd half, if they kick the conversion they'll take the lead

Tony Butler gets out BP try after a great break by Jack O'S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Very entertaining game tbf

A 5th try for Munster

Josh had it scored but ref said he took the ball back off the line, didn't award the try so we recycled it and scored off that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

All hypothetical of course, but if the NIQ they missed out on was a front row forward, yea i'd call that a bad trade. Munster need an upgrade there more than they need POM and Murray on limited minutes. In my opinion.

That could not have been the case obviously. Information is scarce. I'm happy they are staying in ireland anyway.

• Advertisement

You and Yeah Right have an issuer with each other, not sure why you're both having a go at me for it.

They said that a person going to find:

a post from 4 years ago to try and win an argument on a rugby forum. That's just sad.

I never expected you to go back the full 5 years you mentioned but you did so I didnt call you sad at the time for following through on your word. Yeah Right is the one that is now.

Good with leaving it there even if it means you'll never actually answer the key question about how many Irish captains there has been since the central contract pool has reduced. A good question to consider before you complain about the POM deal when it is announced.

No idea who is doing the commentary but it's better than some of the mainstream.

Cleeves for quins is some player

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Sean O Brien the Centre , playing in the centre looks a hell of a lot better than Sean O Brien the Centre playing on the wing.

Different beast to Frisch and offers a a good hard carrying option

Thankfully, that saga has ended

Great try by Munster, touched down by Coughlan

63 mins, Munster lead 38-21

Brilliant brilliant try for Munster

• Advertisement