Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

That's one huge advantage of not working in an office. None of that fake bullshit. It's fine for small places where everyone knows everyone for a long time. But for large places where nobody gives a **** about anyone and revolving door recruitment, it stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I treated myself to takeaway pizza on my way home from work. I rang my order in ahead- vegetarian pizza.

I collected it and opening it when I got home- it had vegetables AND pepperoni AND streaky rashers AND jalapeños.

Now, I'm not vegetarian but I wanted and paid for a vegetarian pizza 😏 It was also slightly burnt!

I'm too far away from the takeaway to go back and look for the correct order so I just had to eat it. Sigh.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve no idea what I want for dinner. I’m going to an Asian place tomorrow night…. But I’m really in the mood for not cooking I’m feeling extremely lazy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I came out of the shop but the place I turn the car in was blocked . With an artic behind me I had to go out the road looking for a place to turn . 6 miles later I found one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I ordered a personalised photo cushion for my mother for mothers day.

It all looked fine on my laptop. So, I ordered it.

I had a quick look on my phone and one of the photo's is blurred.

I've no idea how it's going to turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,282 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knocked over a pint on my laptop and it's fucked beyond repair

Thankfully got a new one for €270, lower ssd storage but it'll do the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you're walking along a road with street lights and one if them is making that buzzy sound. As you get in the radius of the buzzy one, it stops buzzing then starts again when you're out of reach.

You just know its stealing your energy. Stupid energy vampire lamp posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Good job you don't live in America.

That's a sure sign that you are about to be abducted. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

• Advertisement

Oh that's a good one, :) put some garlic in your pocket 😂😅.

Oh my God 🫣🤣😂, you have the patience of a Saint. I'm sorry but I couldn’t stop laughing 😂.

Welsh rugby fans grind my gears

Stupid fancy dress with there positive attitudes and accents. **** publicans and Irish fans falling over themselves sucking up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Brexit. Got stung for Customs on a pair of boots. I don't shop online much so I keep forgetting it's a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I stupidly answered a text from Irish Customs as I was expecting a parcel from the US, but it was of course a scam text and my bank card was compromised as I received a phone call from the BOI fraud squad team. Now I've to wait five to seven working days till I get my new bank card, in An Post information they warn that they never text but email you, so will heed that from now on.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Several ta's in this,

The enforced fun of a galantines get tog with the girls from the office, the accompanying talk of why they shouldn't eat this or that while heedless of the units in the wine in front of them.

Being targeted by the ones who want to cry on my shoulder,

By far the most annoying is meeting someone from school who asked me if I was here now? and told me how this is a much better place to bring up the children than the city we both lived in around the same time, yea no, PFO and take your smug married/householder/two careers judgement with you!

The greatest ta is that Im still ta'ed about it all.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being given half the info to explain a sit to someone, then saying I'm wrong and they call the best person for the job in the first place and insist I go with them as they don't understand that person's accent.

Ta'ed I was stupid enough to waste my energy trying to explain it to them in the first place.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

An Post's method of communicating re a customs charge will vary.

If your phone number is included in the electronic customs data, they may text you. Otherwise, it could be an email or else a letter delivered to your address.

Here's a genuine text I got last year. You can tell it's real because

1) There's no link

2) There's no emotive language

3) They direct you to their website

4) The amount due is realistic. A lot of people don't realise that An Post charge €3.50 admin fee per package - so the customs demand will always be €3.50 +23% VAT. Yet every scam text I see is for less than €3.50 - usually €2 something.

Post edited by NewbridgeIR on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

VAT : €6.99

Brokerage fee: €5.00

VAT on brokerage fee: €1.15

🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Barber closes at 5pm…I walk in at 4.43pm… I get a ‘look’ from the manager, no hello just a scorpy “take a seat der”…. and a comment is passed to a colleague which I cannot hear..but the tone is not like she’s glad to see me.

At about 4.50 I am ushered into her chair where she herself proceeds cutting….

At 4.52 approximately a woman with two small lads appears who are about 10/11 years of age… she stops cutting my hair for 30 seconds and goes over to have some chat and interaction with them….. so basically I turn up before they do, get the evils and whatever yet they arrive later and she’s all over them…

On completion of the haircut it looks a little tighter then I’m accustomed to, but otherwise I’m happy…. On arriving home it’s 1000% obvious that the clown used a #2 blade and not a #3 as I asked on the back and sides… decent enough haircut but not what I asked for… yet…. I’m the cash paying problem 🤷‍♂️ first time this wagon cut my hair, last time too, will be requesting one of the others in future as opposed to that useless rude geebag.

Post edited by Strumms on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

On that my sister was always sending stuff to me ( in the north ) to avoid those charges , It was very annoying getting notifications about her delivery . But Brexit has added annoyance to people here . (Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

How come there's customs charges on an item from Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It was the Teardrop Explodes Culture Bunker box set. Had to order from the UK site directly (no Amazon option) but there was something odd about the fulfilment and some sort of German connection.

That Bouncer meme going round

Looks a rather 'travelled' individual without the sun glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Very hassled start to my train journey! The online seat booking stuck me sitting beside a family. Then I lost my ticket. I searched everywhere, rummaging my wallet and jacket looking for my ticket. Turns out the f**king thing fell out of my pocket onto the floor and I didn’t realise it. I’m usually very careful with my ticket but it’s like a cloud of dementia kicked in this morning and I ended up totally misplacing it. Anyway panic over, I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Michael McDowell sticking his oar in and having an opinion on everything. Fk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Everyone thinks their opinions should be heard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh good jaysis another of those? TA with you despite not seeing it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One of my toes (not the big ones) had been at me all day. Checked it tonight after soaking it: effing ingrown toenail. Gr8.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

New TA, she managed to roll in some deer sh!t (I think) on our walk yesterday. Lovely.

(edited for typo)

Post edited by miamee on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement