Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

Any 15% code? None of my referral codes are working. Error is code can only be used once

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

if you shop through Revolut you'll get the 15% discount plus if you go through https://www.everysaving.ie/vouchers/samsung.com#c-gy6fxyiday you'll get another 10% off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

I finally managed to sell my buds2 for €70 (that I got with the pre order )

They were a hard sell

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mouseycon

I think the Watch 6 if it ever arrives will be difficult to shift. I might gift it to family or trade it against a Watch 6 Classic or next released Classic watch. I am still happy with my Watch 4 classic.

I agree about the watch 6 . Might be in for a long haul if trying to sell it .

I'd keep it if it was the 6 classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Im looking at trading it into CEX for the 6 Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Any ideas when the 'free' watch will come, I got an email to say I qualified, and +45 days would make it March 14th for me.

I'm thinking they might start dispatching after the broken phones start going back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Sorry stopped paying attention to the thread, what is the broken phone thing ? I traded in a working but old a50

The original offer at launch , they were giving 250e if you trade a broken phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If you're only getting the 250 trade-in, do you reckon they'll hold you to the model and condition you filled in on the day? I intended to send in a working OnePlus 5T and filled that out, but I could find a broken phone and send it in its place and still have the 5T as a backup.

My guess is if you entered an imei of a working phone thats what they expect

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

Just did the update. Never had a samsung phone before so not used to the vivid mode as it was.. After trying it I quickly went back to the way it was pre update. Reminds me of what tvs settings come with out of the box, horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 12 YermanHerman

As of tomorrow, they'll have had my trade in four weeks.

Not a word from them.

Hope they will do better next yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Near enough the same. Dropped the S23U into the post office lunch time on Friday February 2nd.

Not a word back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thousands of devices were sold lads. Relax. One of their most successful launches in a long while.

Do they release sales figures usually? Be interesting to see how it did considering all the naysaying on the run up. Were the deals more generous than the u23 to offset some of that?

The pre launch offer was as good as I have ever seen it . I didn't nibble with the U23 but this time couldn't resist

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I had 23U & no intention on upgrading this year. No noticeable difference between the 23u and 24u IMO. It was the presale offers that made me jump. Daughter got s23u and traded in her s20u. I have a huge advantage in that I can reclaim the 23% vat and the remainder is offset against my income tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Anyone still waiting on the plus model?

Ordered mine 30th Jan hasn't moved from order confirmed and is being processed by exertis

Update: I sent an email to Exertis, they said they have stock arriving next week it should ship then

Post edited by LauraW7746 on

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

I received a phone with 22 Jan build. No issues reported at all. New batch seems to be fine.

I got the screen protector in the end. Seeing some drop test YouTube videos made me change my mind. Doesn't seem like the Gorilla Armour, or whatever it is called, is all that. Also when I was cleaning off the screen under a torch for the screen protector application, I could see a couple of tiny pock marks that weren't budging with any amount of scrubbing, so likely damage to the glass. I've had it in the smart view case since launch, so I guess it got a bit of grit or something in there. Once on and in the smart view case, I don't notice the protector. The gap might be more of an issue without a case. I should have got it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any update when we would receive the free watch 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I had a screen protector on but the reflections were so bad i took it off.

Did anyone manage to get the 12 months Disney plus? I figured out a workaround for the UK payment but the voucher itself I can't get to show up on my phone using a VPN. My last try will be in a few weeks when I'm in London for a few days. I'm hoping it will show up on my phone then

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Cristobaal

I was able to obtain the code, but I am still seeking a solution for UK payment and address🤔

Set up a curve account using a fake UK address or a UK address of a friend. They post out a physical card to the UK address but it can only be activated on the app. It can't be used by anyone.

You immediately get a UK card number on the app for online purchases. This will definitely work for Disney plus. You can have this card number within minutes. Use any UK address for the Disney plus address. Probably handier using someone's address who you know but not a big deal if you use a random one.

Can you share how you got the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

The code is obtainable in Samsung wallet but you have to pick UK as your location, I couldn't use it without a UK payment method might try above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Cristobaal

I followed the exact same steps as @mightyreds. I installed Samsung Wallet and set the location to the United Kingdom.

Advertisement