Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault 5

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Seen it this morning. Stunning.

Might be an idea for car brands to bring back some iconic cars but in EV format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Oh yes. Could warm to this electric lark. Eventually

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Rumours are that there will also be a Renault 4 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭gossamerfabric

New Renault 5 available from later this year in production form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

That’s dash looks like there’s way too much going on. I’m sure it’s nicer in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Physical buttons for HVAC, physical buttons and steering wheel and an actual display binacle, no central screen only BS. It’s great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Looks beautiful

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,244 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not at all. It looks class. Can hot wait to sit in one and try it out next year maybe buy one. OK I am dreaming with the last bit well for now anyway :(

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

e208 dash has a wow factor but everything is hidden in sub-menus. adjusting temperature and fan speed takes at least 7 to 8 seconds while on the move so this can only be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Pricing on this will be very important. I worry Renault won’t quite get where the market is at the moment and price it too high. Looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No issue with buttons. , but take away the chrome/light around the 2 rectangle air vents in the centre and it’s less busy

Ms

Hopefully not. The Mègane E-Tèch starts at just over €31 thosand Euros now so if this is in the 20s somewhere it should sell.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

Grey for the more conservative amongst us.

Ms

I think they look lovely. They are probably coloured in the same colour as your car so green seats with a green car, red seats with a red car, orange with orange, blue with blue etc.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Great looking car. The French can certainly design a looker when they want to. The yellow is stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭MarkN

I’ll have a video on the 5 tomorrow morning.

This stole the show for me a little…

9am Irish time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I'd be absolutely astonished if that was the standard colour seat.

Renault would make extra profit charging extra for that seat colour to those who like that colour.

Ditto the exterior colour shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I wonder what Renaults stance on charging will be.

Will it be 22 kW AC as standard and then pay extra if you want DC charging.

Hopefully a bit more info for you here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks great. But as mentioned pricing is going to be crucial and i hope they learned their lesson on the Megane. But at 25k in europe I think not....shame really. It will need to compete hard with the EC3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

There’s a nostalgia piece here - not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing for car sales.

If you look for a second hand ICE Fiat 500 right now or at least up to a few months ago, prices were mad for 10 year old + examples. But is the love affair with retro ending?

I love this new R5- I’d buy it over the other cars in its class - but I’d argue that those who are energised by it might be older and a bit biased through remembering the original Renaults?

It’s those in their 20s and early 30s that will likely be the bigger market? And if so, what exactly do they want from an EV?

I’ve thought about your points since I first saw the car. It has to appeal to people 40+ but it has to be a standalone car to those younger and have enough appeal. It is certainly quirky as a standalone car but if there’s a premium for heritage, that’s where it may fall flat.

E-C3 will fall between Twingo and R5. Twingo in 2026 will take sales from below and R5 from above. Both look cute as a button.

Twingo will be a 20k car with lease deals from 100 euro per month in Europe.

The Megane pricing will prevent Renault from pushing the list price of the R5 too high.

By 2026 Renault will have spanned the low to middle end of market with Twingo, R5, R4, Megane and Scenic.

Here are better images of the car in various colours and from various angles including the independent rear suspension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

I think this looks fantastic. Very curious to see what the price will be for Ireland. We need a small compact for a second car, probably starting from sometime later this year, and this would do nicely as a companion to our Kia EV6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I agree it looks great. I think the ones we are seeing so far are going to be in the 30s, but hopefully a few cheaper ones are sold.

What size is it @MarkN ?

Would it be much bigger than the mini that came out in early 2000s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭bigroad

Pricing is 23k in the uk base model and 25 k europe so probably god knows what price here as usual.

Advertisement