Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We have a chance today regardless of team selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

We have a decent 10 to start with,no:11 is up in the air,bench raw or carrying injuries,no way are all 3 going to start,as they all could cime off before 30 mins, wouldn't rule Danns out of starting,looked really alert off the bench v Luton. Just realised Chelsea are missing as many starters as us,obv not as big as names,still think well have enough to beat them,going 2-1,YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

VVD is in some decent form goal scoring wise so I think he can be a good avenue towards a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need to remember this isn't the Klopp Farewell Tour, Chelsea have more to lose today, they need this for European Football, and their performance levels will raise today, like they did against Man City. We need to be at it today, to DESERVE to win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Be nice too get bit of silverware today going to be tough with all the injuries,but going to sit back with a few pints and enjoy it come what may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,413 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He scored last week, he scored end of January and he scored the first week of December. I wouldn't really be pinning my hopes on him.

I think we've a good chance today but without Nunez and Salah we'll have very little to change it from the bench if we need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,520 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lads who performed on Wednesday give me hope

Team picks itself

Bench is week, it was literally days ago that a reporter asked Klopp was it going to be difficult to pick a team, now that everyone is match fit. and days later we have this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

No game-changers from the bench is a worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Hit the bar in one of the last games too, so he is getting chances was my thinking really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That bench is as thin as it gets, if we're to win this it'll have to be in 90 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Team is good enough to win.

Seriousl;y doubt our bench can do anything to change a game.

It would be an even bigger achievement to win this cup final given our littany of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Loving the succession music.

He's getting chances but I wouldn't say he's in decent goal scoring form recently. He's a goal a month.

What we need is the be super tight at the back today because I can always see us scoring one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Crazy to be missing so many for a cup final but just have to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Mo/Salah and Szobo all completely missing the final is very deflating. Much mote worrying is how bad their injuries really are if they can’t even make the bench yet again. How many more games do we have to field this 11 for ?

Salah returns scores and assists walks off fine and we haven’t seen him even make the squad twice now. Darwin scores prob the best goal of his time at Liverpool walks off and HT and again no sign since. Szobo scores walks off vs Chelsea and again not seen since.

We have to get this won in the 90mins if we can as the squad is so threadbare we can’t cope with 120mins and 2 games in a week to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For the 3 lads who are out, even a week could make a huge difference. The medical folks seem to have a rule where it's a hard and fast 'no' for squad inclusion if you've not made 1 or 2 team training sessions during the week minimum. It's grand if they're not in the squad for the FA Cup match during the week, or even the Forrest match next weekend. The entire focus should be on having them fit for the Man City game on March 10th. Would have to figure that's an achievable enough target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It's all well in good having them fit for the City game but that means the 11 picked to start today will be flogged to death by the time the city game comes around. And knowing our luck will have another injury or two picked up because they can't be rested. We could do with them back as soon as possible,to get a few minutes into them and try give the current 11 a bit of a breather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Klopp interview on Sky.

Love that man.

"Everything will be fine"

Poch seems to be a good guy

I don't think it's that bad... even with the depth as it is, the midweek game against Southampton can be an almost total change - we've Tsimikas, Quansah, and Gomez all on the bench today who could come into the back 4, and I'd expect to see McConnell and Bobby Clark start too. Then maybe Gakpo up front with kids like Danns, and Koumas.

So most of the team today will have a full week off before the Forest game next weekend. Would hope the following midweek in Prague would see the three lads on the bench to get a bit of warm up time before the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It actually feels great that the pressure is off today. We’re missing close to a full team of players, all of our best forwards and the best goalkeeper in the world included.

I’m not expecting anything given the circumstances, and for once I’m just going to enjoy the match. Whatever happens, happens. Winning it would be incredibly satisfying and one hell of an achievement, but if it doesn’t go our way, so be it.

Really excited to see the likes of O’Connell and Danns coming on in a cup final, it wouldn’t normally happen but it’s going to be such an invaluable experience so early on in their careers. And that goes for Bradley too of course, I’m almost taking him for granted as a first teamer now given his excellent form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah definitely agree with you that none of the starting 11 should be near the team for Southampton weds night

We've gotten a bit lucky with the timing, that the only league game before City on the 10th is the Forest one. We should hopefully be able to do the business there while still preserving the legs a bit. With Southampton in the hunt for promition they're likely to go weak as well, so we might even squeeze through there with a team of kids. Even the Prague game isn't the worst... the travel is annoying, but as long as we don't lose by more than a goal, you'd fancy us to pick up the result at home.

Only downside for me is having to watch this on Bein Sports, Richard Keys and Andy Gray in the studio. This pre-match build-up is f**king painful to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

I would disagree it’s okay if they don’t make the squad against forest next week. That game is worth the same amount of points as the City game. That’s not an easy game

We can’t just play the kids midweek and fob that game off as right now the kids are critical to the first team it’s so threadbare so we need players back fit to allow rotation to prevent more injuries , stronger starting 11 to ensure we win games.

Even one of key players on the bench today would be encouraging as signs of a return but getting worried now by the continued absence of our best players with zero transparency from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Few issues for our supporters getting in seemingly

• Advertisement

That's a surprise given the stupid fencing they put up around the stadium.

Seems to be an issue with the digital ticket. It originally generated a barcode when it should have been a QR code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Gotta love the Liverpool National Anthem

The little mini official mascot;) is that a new thing, I've not noticed it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Hope Bradley gets his form back as he is on an assist drought having not gotten one now for over 90 minutes I think which for him is unheard of!! 😃

Why not play advantage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Two great deliveries from McAllister but nothing doing.

• Advertisement

Great chance there, bad ball in, VVD AND Konate at back post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Surely should have been a free for the push in the back?

Diaz returning the favour, of course it's a free against us when he does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Stupid free to giveaway Diaz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

I went to Prague and when we landed there was a heat wave... 40+ degrees.... had no 20+ sun cream with me so tried to find a chemist to get better stuff... on the way there some homeless drunk lad was bursting his hole laughing at me...no idea why? Got to the chemist and couldnt find anything, the woman behind the counter gave me something, no english writing on it... got outside and started to put it on... thick as soup.... couldnt rub it off and was totally white...it was babies 50+ factor.... I said fook it i'll wash it off back at hotel....walking past the homeless lad again and he fell off his bench laughing... wtf?

went to an Irish bar with no air con and had a pint of ice water in one hand and a pint in the other hand.... good place prague...

we've started well, the reds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

We've started fairly well.

Bradley reminds of Gerrard when he started, thin and lightweight , but strong, of course he's getting more of a build with every game, and stronger, he's so heading for Midfield too, no way he stays at RB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

Good opening 15, need to take the chances though!

How did Chilwell not get booked there, no effort to play the ball, and stopped an attack.

Endo is playing well so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,548 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Chelsea are awful, 200m on that midfield.

Kelleher you legend !!!!

What a save, Kelleher unreal, he so deserved a PL Medal, never got one though. Sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Great save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Kelleher!

Diaz getting into good spots but needs a better final ball

Bradley has some eye for a pass, every time I watch him he shows off something new. Really special player in the making.

• Advertisement
Advertisement