Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Hurling team for Sunday. Good to see Saunderson get a start. McCarthy as well. Coleman and Cahalane start also. Connolly is a sub as well

Brion Saunderson (Midleton); 

Cathal McCarthy (Sarsfields), Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s), Seán O’Donoghue (Inniscarra, c); 

Ger Millerick (Fr O’Neills), Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr), Mark Coleman (Blarney); 

Ethan Twomey (St Finbarr’s), Tommy O’Connell (Midleton); 

Shane Barrett (Blarney), Conor Lehane (Midleton), Séamus Harnedy (St Ita’s); 

Brian Hayes (St Finbarr’s), Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers), Jack O’Connor (Sarsfields). 

Subs: Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig), Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons), Cormac O’Brien (Newtownshandrum), Eoin Downey (Glen Rovers), Robert Downey (Glen Rovers), Brian Roche (Bride Rovers), Luke Meade (Newtownshandrum), Conor Cahalane (St Finbarr’s), Robbie Cotter (Blackrock), Shane Kingston (Douglas), Alan Connolly (Blackrock).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy with all the changes in the hurling team. This is a game we really must win and I reckon we will.

In the Camogie league it finished...

Cork 1-6 Waterford 0-6

Halftime in the football and we are down by 2 points. Big second half needed.....

Fermanagh 0-8 Cork 0-6

Half time in the Under 20 hurling challenge game and its

Cork 1-9 Galway 1-6

Good win in U20 hurling challenge game

Cork 2-18 Galway 1-13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

We're down by a point at the moment. What a sad state of affairs, fighting for our lives to avoid third division football!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Down by 3 as I type this now. I didn't expect anything else though.

They just cant get the results needed. The level is incredibly poor

Three points down now have we got the character to turn this around?

Fermanagh with a one point advantage now.

Goal for Cork!

• Advertisement

We're ahead by two points we just got a late goal!

Maurice Shanley scored the Cork goal.

Three points ahead just hold out now lads!

Jeez we hung on to win by a point. I expected a loss. I don't have any confidence in them but they stood up today and got the win. I have to say fair dues to them but we need to keep this going into the other games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Never in doubt.....

It wasn't looking good, but this was a game we needed to win and win it we did. Hopefully this game will be a turning point going forwards and that we drive it on from here.

Hurlers in Black and Red kit today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

What's the relevance with the jersey against Waterford?

The footballers did their bit and it's over to the hurlers now.

Ref loving his whistle a bit too much for my liking so far. Just wish he let play develop a bit more

• Advertisement

I hate when 2 guys scuffling and ref gives both yellows. This ref has done it twice.

Keeps whistling for things and has upset the flow of the game. Then to top it off he has missed a few obvious frees on Horgan

Lehane gets hit in the head and no yellow. Shocking reffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Hayes looks good for cork whenever he gets the ball. Ye need more of this type of forward.

Jack O'Connor really putting his hand up today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Seadin

Cork falling asleep last 15 mins. Lads we are bang average. Nobody should be getting carried away with All Irelands this year. Pat Ryan is just hopeless manager. Tactically destroyed yet again. That's his job. We are in big trouble here. Waterford back to three points.

Two wins.

Just about.

We eased off a tad bit too early but we had a lot of subs, Worrying to see some players go off early and hopefully they are ok for the next day.

The main thing is to get the win and we do have a bit to work on still. Things going nicely from what I can see.

Good to see Connolly get a few minutes. Harnedy back too. Coleman makes a huge difference to us. Always looks so assured. O'Connnor looks like he is bursting to get in that team. Lehane was playing well until taken off. Hayes looks very strong. Lot to be positive about.

Hopefully Cunningham gets some game time as well as a few others to come back. Some real competition for places developing

We were winning comfortably but then we had another fadeout, and let a bang average Waterford team back into it. Still though a win is a win, but these are not the type of performances that will win all Ireland's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Seadin

I'm really not convinced we are making any progress under Ryan and I think we will actually struggle to get out of Munster when it comes down to it. There are parts of the last three games where we have totally collapsed. Very worrying and time will prove that point. We have too much to improve on between now and championship.

Post edited by Seadin on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ye made 11 changes from a very competitive league game v kilkenny two weeks ago , got to have a proper look at tommy o connell in midfield who looks a hard bit of stuff , something cork have been missing , brian saunders has broken the collins code in the goalkeeping department

the backs played well , put their men under pressure , problem is it didnt stick at the other side and there are some big names up there not doing it , fine goal by jack o connor today but he lived off very little

yes when the ground dries and you get a few players back , but you would like to see the marquee players step it up this time of year too

Advertisement