Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISI Fighter Shamima Begum Not allowed to return to the UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Technically he wasn't actually a Brexit voter,

So - none, then?

Cos if you're counting people who didn't even vote for Brexit as responsible for deaths caused by Brexit, then Shamima Begum is responsible for all the deaths that happened as a result of any Islamist terrorism at all, whereas I was only thinking of deaths she herself helped cause, like when she was an enforcer for ISIS, or the effect her and her friends' journey to Syria had in inciting others to do the same, and in encouraging ISIS themselves. We know they were delighted by the publicity coup, because former members have said so, and she has admitted it herself:

When it was suggested that her going to Syria might have been a "propaganda victory" for IS, Ms Begum said: "I did hear a lot of people were encouraged to come after, but I wasn't the one who put myself on the news."

She added: "The poster girl thing was not my choice."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭Odhinn

And that too was a knee jerk populist reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Ah now your trolling, they done some disgusting thinks to that toddler and one of them is still a danger to society.

What if that Isis bitch blew herself up at a concert like what happened in Manchester Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

The bloke would have voted Brexit, would you not agree? So it quite literally is a mere technicality.

Personally I don't give a hoot for what's done with the woman. It's just that the pontifications of the IQ zero's are sickening. The US and British governments provided the training grounds and territory for ISIS, the Iraq oil grab seemed a simple fight against a nasty dictator for the thinking impaired, but nothing in the Middle East comes without a price. So Begum might have seemed an asset for the terrrorists, but they would not even be in the headlines without Bush and Blair.

It's difficult to take a snapshot of a person or incident in isolation and dismiss it as good or bad. The less able do it all the time and delight in the "us" and "them" demarcation, in the real world when you get intelligent, informed opinion, right and wrong are sometimes subject to uncertainty, similar to the results of research at uni. Even a doctorate in physics or engineering would not be granted if there were no uncertainties referenced.

I am merely pointing out that Begum caused less damage to me than the Brexit voters and certainly caused less damage to UK democracy than the Brexit mob also.

The British and US governments can't have been totally wrong when they provided a nice dictator free base for ISIS can they :-)

What if she ate babies? We know what she did do, as a minor.

• Advertisement

No it's really not a "technicality". He was far more than just a random Brexit voter - he was a mentally unstable neo Nazi. Unless you're saying that all Brexit voters were neo Nazis, your "evidence" that anyone who voted Brexit did far more damage than Shamima Begum is laughable.

It's far from certain that someone like that would have even voted - he didn't exactly believe in the democratic system, did he?

Begum's actions led directly to people joining ISIS, and encouraged ISIS fighters to keep going, as well as the evidence that she herself became an ISIS "enforcer" among the women. And you think she did less harm than some poor eejit of a Welsh sheep farmer who was fooled into believing that the UK would pay them more than the CAP system? Or someone who believed an ad on the side of a bus about money for the NHS?

You are selectively altering things to suit your perspective.

Begum and ISIS had zero effect on me full stop. Terrorism was already factored into the UK's finances when the IRA, The Sons of Glendower, and a few assorted Islamic terrorists attacked property and aircraft.

Brexit had a very considerable impact on myself and fellow UK citizens. It also made my country, the country I was born in a global laughing stock.

So frankly whether Begum was allowed to remain British or not, I really don't give a hoot. What I do care about is the scum that for no logical reason whatsoever made me and my fellow citizens poorer.

Who was harmed by Begum? I wasn't.

How many are continuously harmed by Brexit?

Pound/ Euro rate is 1.17, up from 1.16 immediately after the referendum. The highest rate I was quoted when I last bout euro was 1.19, that was from a high of 1.42 before the campaign started looking serious.

You can stick your tunnel visioned view wherever you wish, but the facts are that Brexit has impacted Britain far more seriously than ISIS could ever hope to in their wildest dreams.

What's wrong with a caliphate anyway, methinks it might even end up no worse than re- electing Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement

Again a very strange logic. By your logic kids shouldn't get protection from predatory adults

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭techman1

maybe putin will accept her for russian citizenship afterall it is a terrorist state just like syria was. Or he send her to the belarus/Poland border

Not responsible for decisions made at 15 after she turned 18?

Are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If it wasn't gays, women, minority groups in the middle east that she was involved in help kill, rape, sex traffic would there even be one person who would advocate for her repatriation or pretend that she didn't go Knowing full well what she was getting in to, a movement that was obsessed with sharing on social media every atrocity.

WTF?? Brexit hurt you in the pocket, so therefore the ordinary people who voted for it are worse than someone who aided and abetted ISIS, who were actual sex slavers and murderers?? That is some very personal take on world affairs! Bit narrow, don't you think? Being kind!

Moreover, being from Northern Ireland, I think it's quite possible that Brexit is helping towards reunification - in which case Brexit will have been a very good thing. So by your logic, the people who voted for Brexit are good and kind people.

Is there anything similar to be said for supporters of ISIS?? Help me out here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

She wasn’t groomed that’s what her defence lawyers used

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

she is responsible for the decisions she makes once she reaches the age of responsibility as per british law.

the point i was making is that under 18 the law treats people slightly differently in terms of responsibility and punishment but responsibility still remains.

certain factors are taken into account under 18 that may not necessarily be over 18.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

The ordinary people of the UK did aid and abet ISIS. Two million marched to stop the invasion of Iraq and once again the truth was there for all to see, but the IQ zero's that were all Gung Ho! in wanting to topple Saddam didn't bother with truth or detail.

So Begum aided ISIS eh?, then if she was misled, why are the people of Britain minus the two million of us that marched in an attempt to stop the war any less guilty?

No oil theft would equal no ISIS and Begum would at worst be dumping out English sprogs that might or might not be as thick and indoctrinated as the Brexit traitors.

You really think reunification through a Brexit kickback would be good? Another nice easy simplification that ignores the scores of interests and like Brexit turns a complex range of problems into a binary action.

The snake oil salesmen love such people as yourself, you need to stop thinking in terms of good and bad when driven by emotion. Look at the big picture and how it affects you, your pocket and how it impacts on your and other peoples freedom of choice. You might think it a good thing to re-unify as indeed I do myself when a very considerable majority are for it, but the risks are too high for your "us good", "them bad" solutions.

No one likes their country occupied by invaders, but sometimes the simple obvious solution that goes down well with the hard of thinking is not going to benefit many at all

your attempt to claim people support and condone the killing of minorities by isis is thankfully not working for you.

she should be repatriated whatever because it's not other people's job to clean up britain's mess because it won't govern itself and wants to appeal to a certain group of people who should be given nothing.

• Advertisement

grooming is a part of radicalisation so yes she would have been groomed.

now it doesn't remove the responsibility she holds for doing what she has done, but it still is not something that can be wished away because we don't like her.

i can confirm having read his posts in the thread at the time that your claim is inaccurate.

The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.

She was well and truly beyond that and she knew exactly what she was doing.

But as usual someone’s here to defend the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

She was indeed. The court agreed.

Announcing the SIAC decision last February, Mr Justice Jay said "the real merits of Ms Begum's case" involved her arguments that she had been the victim of trafficking. The tribunal found there was a "credible suspicion" Ms Begum was "recruited, transferred and then harboured for the purpose of sexual exploitation".

Some rather uncomfortable opinion on this thread to be honest.

That comment was made before the rapes etc came to light. It has nothing to do with this thread regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

still cant help trying to put words in other peoples mouths ,

mind if i was trying to defend a active and eager member of isis id struggle too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,705 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'm not judging you for it. Just disagreeing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,705 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ok whataboutery about IRA isn't an age.

And its definitely more disturbing if at 15 you haven't yet realised murder and beheadings are bad. At 15 I didn't need Paxman or "times" to come to the apparently adult only revelation that murder = bad?

Its like the doses that were calling Keane Mulready Woods a poor childer. Or the professional crim that fatally stabbed the malay woman in the neck and threatend more within 30mins of it, or the sweet angles who bludgeoned Ana Kriegel.

The under 18 = poor child trope is pure guff unless theres a severe disability.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭monseiur

If she turns up at Dublin airport's immigration office tomorrow morning, identifies herself and requests asylum/protection under say the Geneva Convention of Refugees based partially on the fact that she's technically stateless (her citizenship being revoked) and many other reasons. The Dept. of Justice ''et.al'' are obliged to grant her temporary asylum until her case slowly meanders it's way thru the courts here and perhaps eventually in Europe's Court of Human Rights.

You seem to be of the opinion that she has no case but it's not so cut & dry. Read thru some of the post here for example OH ! she was underage, she was brainwashed, she was groomed, she was sex trafficked, her children died, she is suffering from PTSD etc etc..........get my drift.

She would be well settled here with perhaps two or more children by the time the European Court of Human Rights gives it's ruling on her case. Her lawyers/barristers will claim that she has mended her ways, is older wiser more mature now is an upstanding member of her community and is no longer a threat to society.

Their judgement will not just be based solely on her past deeds but on her future safety and human rights and that of her children (if any)

If it comes to pass, I would not be surprised if the court finds in her favour and direct that she and her family be granted permanent residence here.

It is said that Our Lord moves in mysterious ways - the same could be said about the courts system. They view the world thru a different prism than the rest of us. The phrase ivory towers comes to mind !

I hope she lives out her days in whatever s^it hole she currently resides in, she deserves all it's creature comforts😊

Advertisement