Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Goose81

Yes, used original account. What did it say that you thought you needed a new account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Nigerian currency also halved in value over the last few weeks, so a month ago the UHD / Premium package would have been around €5 a month.

€2.55 is madness. We'll all be rumbled again soon I'm sure, but enjoy the ride while it lasts as they say 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Goose81

I can't believe Nigeria is cheaper than turkey, the lira and turkey are absolute basket cases

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Tried with nigeria vpn it doesnt let me login at all.

It doesnt let me login with turkish vpn or any other location with vpn.

I can only login using the ie page with no vpn

All the above i mean with my existing account.

All i wanted was to enable it for a month to download the viewing history.

Then with a new account through nigeria or other locations would have all my prior history. Looks like have to pay an irish month to do the above unless anyone knows a trick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

On Windows PC using Firefox, used BrightVPN to set location to Ukraine, then went to Netflix. Entered my email address and it showed me the plans to restart my account. Selected Ultra for €9.99, and then it asked for SMS for verification. Then clicked back, and the payment went through, and got the ‘Welcome Back’ email

Actually, now that I think of it, I’m not sure why it showed me Euros instead of Ukrainian Hrynvia, but hey-ho…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I copied what you did exactly. Used vpn unlimited (7 days free) and Nigeria @4400naira for the most expensive package(€2.76). After I put in my AIB card details it went to a page where I had to enter a Nigerian phone number for verification. I refreshed it and was back at the payment page again. I entered my aib card details again but this time it didn't ask for a phone number. Yeah it's working for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luker

Got Kicked out of Turkey. When I tried to rejoin I needed a Turkey mobile number. Popped onto chat and said I didn’t have a mobile phone. He was very friendly. Told me buy a Netflix Gift Card. I was on top tier of 229 lira. I bought a 200 lira and a 75 lira gift card for €9.50. It works. It pro rata’s the time so now I have access to April 3rd. So in theory you could just buy a 200 lira for €6.50 and you get 27 days I think.

I used PIA VPN set to turkey just to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

You can apply the 200TL. It won't give you the full month, you would get up until the 21st if signing up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Tried with nigeria vpn it doesnt let me login at all.

It doesnt let me login with turkish vpn or any other location with vpn.

I can only login using the ie page with no vpn

All the above i mean with my existing account.

All i wanted was to enable it for a month to download the viewing history.

Then with a new account through nigeria or other locations would have all my prior history. Looks like have to pay an irish month to do the above unless anyone knows a trick

———

-> When trying to log in with current email but doesn’t work, turn off the vpn and request a sign in code to your email. Then turn back on the vpn when inputting the received code to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭gussieg

so, for convenience, have moved to kenya(windscribe only had this option ) it was straightforward. signed in with new account, went for 1080p, at about 5 a month, tried revolut no joy, then ptsb went through. when asked for number, just pressed next button, went through . now to sort out refund for maestro classes which was 192 and got clamped twice for 125 a go within a month, taking the little wins for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just did the same thing a moment ago. Did you add any backup payment method? I bought a 200TL card and it says roughly 21st March before it expires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I tried everything on multiple different VPN's including VPN unlimited 7 day trial. I can't get past the payment page when trying to pay for Nigerian option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

It used to do that but I added a 200 Tl card yesterday for my 119 Tl plan and instead of extending the subscription for 6 or 7 weeks it only extended for 1 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luker

I didn’t put in a back up payment method. I’m just glad I got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Ok there must be a max of a month. I was signing up for the 229TL plan so the netflix code didn't cover a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Try goto sign in (existing account), when it asks how do you want to sign in click verify by email, get the code. I used Hola vpn extension with Chrome. Worked a treat. If you get past the payment page and it asks for a phone number, click back, re-enter payment details and hit continue, it should say Welcome, pick your devices and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Where do you buy the tr gif cards from?

All i want is a 100 tl card just to extract my viewing history. Then off i go with a new nigerian account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Got it working with this....

When trying to log in with current email but doesn’t work, turn off the vpn and request a sign in code to your email. Then turn back on the vpn when inputting the received code to Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

G2a, Eneba or Turgame. Bought one from G2a and Turgame but the latter is a bit of a mess. Still waiting for the code I bought 20 mins ago. Bit more expensive on G2a but instant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This is a key point. They're telling us what will be allowed if you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

This I bought separate gift cards to the value of 300 TL and redeemed them all individually so I’m covered up until mid April on my new account in Turkey. Wasn’t asked for to verify by SMS either so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Try this, login from your Irish address, then connect to a VPN before moving on to the payment options. It worked for me, hopefully for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Don't see any verify by email option or an option to send a code. Do you mean reset the password?

Perfect. That worked. Let's see how long my €2.80 holiday in Nigeria lasts.

Yes this finally worked for me also. I could never login when on VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Got connected again for now:

1. VPN Unlimited on PC.
    2. Logged in to my existing account with VPN off.
    3. Got to payment options.
    4. Turned on VPN
    5. Refreshed payment screen until it showed Nigerian currency
    6. Selected highest tier.
    7. Entered AIB card details (Tried Revolut first). Card rejected first time but entered CVV again and it worked.
    8. Asked questions like where I would be watching and profile names.
    9. Didn't answer them. Checked on other browser to see if it was working okay and looked to be okay with all profiles there so closed the browser without answering the questions.

Thanks everyone for your solutions and hope everyone else gets reconnected okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Finally got payment through for Nigeria plan PTSB debit card took 3 goes with the CVV will see how long this lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Got reconnected very easily using a Nord VPN Indian IP. Still logged in on my old originally Turkish account, selected the 1080p package for 500 rupees, paid with my AIB debit card and it was a breeze, did have to confirm the payment in my AIB app which made me jump a little but it went through no problems.

So am I now geolocked to India for 30 days or is that only with new accounts? Just wondering because the connection is fairly slow as you would expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭247music

Fair play! Thanks @The Ayatolla your method a treat, followed word for word, Hola free VPN extension on chromebook, set to Nigeria, and as said by another member, PTSB card failed first attempt as it said there was a problem with the payment but I put in the ccv again and it went straight through. No request to verify number and I used my original Netflix account. Fingers crossed it lasts for a while.

Post edited by 247music on

Advertisement