Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Byline Times has not previously reported on any investigation by Police Scotland.

Presumably because they didn't know about it. So much for investigative journalism. I don't regard the Byline Times as a reliable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Generally, what happens in these type of cases which involve rape etc. the victims decide not to go through the trauma of a legal case.

edit: Its a direct quote from Police Scotland. Do you believe them?

Appointed this month. Didn't Harry know in May 2023? And last year African Parks said it is 'aware of the serious allegations' and had launched an investigation through an external law firm after 'becoming aware of these allegations last year via a board member who received a letter from Survival International.' That whole article isn't wonderful reading for anybody associated with African Parks. It looks as if they did very little until the Daily Mail published the complaints in (IIRC) January of this year.

I'm going to wait and see where this investigation by Cherie Blair goes.

So much promise, so little fulfilment. High hopes, low output. Shame, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

It was an easy thing for Trump to say simply because the people behind funding the organisation with the current legal proceedings wanting Harry’s application details to be revealed are all conservative Trump supporters

What Wootton is sueing them for is revealling that he was being investigated by the Met Police for catfishing etc. which they should not have done before he was charged with it. They are just covering their ass now by saying they didn't reveal anything about what Police Scotland were doing.

edit: Hilarious that Wootton is contemplate sueing Byline Times, Emily Maitless and Carol Voderman because of his right to privacy!

Press Gazette reports that Wootton’s lawyer has written a letter before action to Byline Times over its reporting, citing the Bloomberg versus ZXC Supreme Court judgment of 2022.

This case established the precedent that those at the centre of police investigations have a right to privacy until the point at which they are charged with an offence, suggesting that Wooton’s case hinges on privacy rather than defamation.

It was Wootton who broke the story about Harry & Meghan taking time out from being working royles. It will be interesting if he does take a case for invading his privacy. Oh the irony!

Post edited by jm08 on

Regarding the claim that Survival International was not cooperating with the African Parks investigation, she said: “They are the employer of the rangers and the manager of the parks, and they had the money to conduct their own investigation. It’s not up to us to give them details. It’s their responsibility when we raise a problem to go there and investigate.”

Longo said Survival International had been raising such issues since 2013 and that the abuse allegedly suffered by local people was “not a secret”.

My understanding is that when the matter was raised last year by an unnamed board member (presumably Harry), African Parks tried to investigate but as you can see above, Survival International refused to cooperate!

I also recall that one of the rangers was sacked and sent to prison for rape. Its up to the Congolese authorities to deal with these offences. Not sure just sacking a ranger is good enough for raping one of the locals! They need to face the courts and punished by the authorities in the Congo.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

These articles are all rubbish as are most of the posts on this thread re anti Harry and Meghan nonsense. What will be interesting is the series of unfortunate events that seem to be unfolding for the Royals. I feel great sympathy for Charles with his cancer with his sons estranged. I’m sure he would like them to reconcile. Greek press are reporting his cancer is pancreatic, could be a pinch of salt but I hope it’s not true. William seems to be acting very strangely, and the situation with Kate must be extremely serious as she hasn’t been seen or heard from once since Dec 25th. Sad for her children if this is the case. William looks like he would not be as stable a King as Charles and certainly nothing compared to Elizabeth 2. Will Charles try and bring Harry back in? I’m not sure they want back in even if asked.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit behind and have just caught up with the excellent Hilary Rose's piece in the Times last week.

Just in case

http://archive.today/KaLVo

There's a couple of paragraphs on Meghan's new podcast in that article. It looks like there's not a long queue of A, B, C etc listers clamouring to be interviewed by Meghan. I would have thought that by now, there wasn't a lot about Meghan's life we haven't heard, except for the bits she doesn't want to share!

Meghan Markle 'will share stories' from her life as 'dynamic' podcast now 'in the works'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

2 months before Megxit "sources" and "insiders" were already inferring they might leave.

Post edited by valoren on

Thats in reference to the time they took time out (about 2 months before xmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

It was right before the six week holiday in Canada. The question is who is briefing People magazine about what is a Megxit like scenario two months before Megxit actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭maebee

"When asked how long she can manage the constant onslaught of attention, lack of privacy and ongoing tabloid rumors, Meghan said: “I really tried to adopt this British sensibility of a ‘stiff upper lip.’ I really tried, but I think that what that does internally is probably really damaging.”

"Lack of privacy" - what a joke. When they left was the time to slip away into a private life, which they did not do. Since then, she's managed to get herself 100 times more often into the media. From inventing stories about non-existent car chases to tv interviews thrashing her husband's family, setting up websites, tipping off the paps when she was "doing good deeds", doing a £100 million deal with a TV company, publically accepting ridiculous awards, losing friends right, left and centre. The list is endless. They did not leave for privacy reasons. They left because of her intense jealously of Kate and William. Watch this space, he will be dumped by her in the next few years.

As working royals, they had to say that they were taking a 6 week break and not doing any 'Royal duties'. It was when they were away they decided to ask for the half-in, half out.

Spot on. And you’re quite right, the list is endless.

They were not seen for 15 months after they left the UK. The problem was the British press couldn't stop making up bullshit stories about them. Thats why they did the Oprah interview to clear up a few things. They could have said a lot more. Then since they were cut off financially, needed to pay for security and were being offered large sum of money to do it, they did the docuseries and Harry wrote his book which was about himself growing up and his own struggles.

I'd give up that hope that Meghan is going to dump Harry. Whatever happens though, Harry isn't going back to the UK.

I think William is the jealous one who probably could go on an anger management course. Kate & William have admitted throwing stuff (supposedly cushins) at each other when they argue. There is a video of William losing the plot with a photographer, and boy was he over the top with his anger. The reason they wanted to move to Windsor was because they though Harry & Meghan were getting too close to the Queen (with the Queen popping in and out of Frogmore cottage frequently to see them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭backwards_man

But who do you think the insiders here are speaking to People magazine and predicting Megxit/Half In-Half Out which happened 8 weeks later?

Several insiders say the couple are eager to escape the intense tabloid scrutiny in the U.K. — maybe even by establishing a second “base” in the U.S., Canada or Africa.

You're implying that Dan Wooten was getting fed a story from a Palace insider which got him an exclusive yet clearly based on the above several insiders (whoever they are) were giving anyone paying attention a major clue weeks before any exclusive. It is more probable that the tabloids went sniffing for a story and if anyone was going to leak it could one of these "several insiders".

Knowing what we know happened then reading that article now reads like a plant, a power play made public to make the public know they were unhappy and to advance what they did subsequently propose i.e. establish a second base away from the UK maintain a first base there. That reads like half in and half out to me.

I mean Harry and Meghan would never use a proxy scribe to brief the press now would they?

Post edited by valoren on

I think William is the jealous one who probably could go on an anger management course.

Oh, really? What on earth has William (or Catherine) got to be jealous of H&M for? It really is completely bizarre to suggest that. Meghan in particular is jealous of Catherine; imagine Meghan having to curtesy to Catherine. I doubt she could ever bring herself to do it. But, them’s the rules.

Meanwhile, here’s Harry dealing with a photographer outside Pangaea nightclub near Piccadilly in London's West End, at 3 in the morning, many years ago. I think the expression is “drink was taken” - at a minimum. Harry gave the photographer a fat lip. So let’s not portray Harry as some poor sweet misunderstood lad.

The rest of the post is an example of cognitive dissonance writ large

Well, maybe you should have read the whole article before coming up with that post. Nigella has been back to the States several times since then.

Briefly, you need to be a habitual user which the emigration lawyer explained in that article is that you have taken drugs within the past year. Nigella was stopped because she admitted taking drugs 4 years previously in a court. She declared that she was not a habitual user and that she had used cocaine twice in her life.

Harry admitted taking drugs when he was in his teens, early 20s and he certainly would not have taken cocaine within the previous 3-4 years since meeting Meghan (I seem to recall several articles from his early days with Meghan that he had given up drinking and smoking and was looking after his health).

Thanks for the link to that article. It explains perfectly the process of getting a visa to the US if you have taken drugs in the past.

Jealous that they can live their lives without having to be answerable to a whole nation on the minutest of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Are they still together? Surely it has ran its course....

The facts are being bent out of shape. Let's have a look at a few facts.

• Nigella Lawson did not have a conviction for drug use.
    • Nigella Lawson was stopped from boarding the flight, and therefore was stopped from entering the US, hence @backwards_man was correct when he posted You don't need a conviction to be stopped entering the US. Ask Nigella Lawson
    • The article actually starts with exquisite clarity "Nigella Lawson has been stopped from flying to the US four months after she confessed to taking cocaine"
    • There is a process to gain entry into the US if you have historically taken drugs - as is set out in that article.
    • The fact that Nigella sorted it out and has been back several times is utterly irrelevant to the issue with Harry
    • Harry has admitted to drug use, both in his book - now identified as a work that was embellished to boost sales - and on numerous interviews around the launch.
    • Harry and his supporters want their cake and eat it

I've already posted that there is no way I want Harry to be deported from the US. It's not going to happen, but just in case I'll light a candle. Harry would not be welcomed back to the UK. I actually think they both know that, and that's why they are trying desperately to create their own version of a pseudo-Royal Family. "From the Office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex" - oh, please!

OK, but according to you, H&M are still being hounded on the minutiae of Meghan's clothes and jewellery, etc., their many and various private jet flights, their "awards", their domestic arrangements, and so on. Jeez, I would not be jealous of H&M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

just came in here to see about this. How is there so so much radio silence on this? Catherine has not been seen or heard of, nor her kids, for over 2 months now!! no news, no media questions. I find it the strangest thing I have o say. and also something there with William too. Again today he bowed up off a reading for a mass due to personal reasons. all very odd....I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭backwards_man

I did read it. You are side stepping your incorrect information..... You stated you had to have a conviction to be barred from entry. That is clearly not the case.

Any Harry has admitted to taking drugs as recently as 2016 in CC's house, 3 years before he went to the US and after he arrived in the USA in 2020:

" He also disclosed that he smoked marijuana to relax after moving to America in 2020 with his wife, Meghan Markle."

Prince Harry Says Psychedelics Are a “Fundamental Part” of His Life | Vanity Fair

Advertisement