Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISI Fighter Shamima Begum Not allowed to return to the UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,703 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its definitely on purpose. Denial any and all reality to try and make her seem the innocent child in all this. Its hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭buried

Begum's and Smith's ideology doesn't come from Britain or Ireland though. This fascist alien ideology comes from Saudi Arabia, a regime who has been promoting this fascist wahhabi death cult religion for the last 50 years, just not on their own soil. If we truly want to send them back to where they came from, it would be to Saudi Arabia, but guess what, the house of Saud don't want anything to do with them either.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I have literally never done this. I have explicitly stated that I think she is a criminal deserving of a custodial sentence. That, however, should be decided by a jury.

I just happen to care about due process and having a proper rule of law. This seems infinitely preferable to every single person in the UK even tangentially eligible for other citizenship being held to the whims of the Tory Party cause they find it electorally convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

That's a dreadful effort tbh. I doubt you even believe it.

Lisa Smith is Irish born and bred, no matter what her beliefs are. That's where she comes from. Begum likewise for the UK.

You know it, I know it, the UK Home Secretary knows it, even if they managed to contort a legal argument that allowed them to prohibit her return to where she's from.

Post edited by osarusan on

No country other than Islamic State wants to import radicalized terrorists into their own country so they can start recruiting.

You'd need to be soft in the head.

• Advertisement

I do believe it. Because it is the undeniable truth.

Quite telling you have nothing to say about what Saudi Arabia has been doing the last 50 years to the rest of the planet. This poor wanneen wanted to live in an 'Islamic State'. She probably still does, and she still can, let her go do it in Saudi Arabia, a legitimate Islamic State that promotes Wahhabism to the rest of the globe 24/7.

Britain can't be dealing with what utter geopolitical Bull$hit the house of Saud has made a hames of the last 50 years, let the House of Saud deal with it. They made it, so what's the problem?

The undeniable truth is that Smith is Irish born and bred. And Begum is British both and bred. Do you deny that?

No argument from me that they swallowed the bullsh!t that Saudi Arabia (among others) has been selling for a long long time.

But the idea that we can extend that argument to say that legally, Saudi Arabia is really where they come from, and therefore, where they should be sent to, is just absurd. There is no legal basis to it whatsoever.

The problem here is, which has completely been ignored for the last 50 years, is that the regime in Saudi Arabia, the House of Saud, has exported the most dangerous and fascist elements of it's Sunni sect outwards to the rest of the planet, from Britain to Bangladesh. This same sect that was infested into the mind of this particular follower of Wahhabi Islamism. These people follow no nation. I repeat, they follow no nation, if they did, they wouldn't have shacked up with a Wahhabi death cult. They follow the Wahhabi doctrine. That doctrine originates from Saudi Arabia. It is the House of Saud's problem, not ours in the west, not in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Syria or anywhere else these headhunting totalitarian scumbags tried to throw their own indigenous problem onto in order to save themselves.

Let Saudi Arabia deal with it. Religion is a mind drug. The House of Saud is the cartel for this particular mind drug infestation. Let them deal with it or sanction them.

What's the problem? I know what the problem is, but do you?

We are arguing at cross purposes. I am only focused on the legal element and the potential implications. You want to take it beyond a legal perspective as far as I can see - unless I'm wrong and you think there actually is a legal basis for the likes of Begum and Smith being sent to Saudi Arabia, in which case we are not arguing at cross purposes, and I'd like to hear that legal basis.

You got your legal basis three days ago when the British legal system told this Wahhabi to go seek the solace of Fascist Wahhabism. You just don't like the result and now you and the likes of you are trying to make some pathetic altruistic case that you care for this woman. If you genuinely cared you would be against what poisoned her mind in the first place. So it doesn't happen to some other victim of Saudi mindfuckery.

• Advertisement

I don't care for this woman, and have never said that do (in posts that go back years on this thread).

But what I do care about, and have argued on this thread for much longer than the past 3 days, is the legal justification for and implications of a ruling that strips somebody of their citizenship. It is a contorted and distorted ruling, and even though it is celebrated/justified by some people purely because Begum is a bad person and anything that keeps her thousands of miles away is therefore good, there are some pretty chilling potential implications.

You can't single this case down to some sort of simplification that "Begum is a bad person", Begum has been brainwashed by Saudi backed/funded Wahhabism propaganda, along with another potential 1000 Islamists that originated from Britain to literally join a Wahhabi Death Cult that is literally Hell bent on murdering literally anything that does not aspire or agree to their fascist belief in some fairy story concocted 1200 years ago from the sands of the Arabian peninsula. What do you expect the British authorities to do? Welcome all these f**king lunatics back with open arms to do what the Wahhabi's did in Paris in November 2015?

There has to be a limit to this $hit. Fair enough, there should have been a limit to this $hit at least 35 years ago. But there wasn't, so what are we to do, invite/accomodate anybody that wants to kill us westerners for living on these Islands and on this part of the world because we don't agree with some sky fairy story from the Arabian Peninsula over 5000km away? I'd ask you to show me the sense in that, but you, me or anybody else literally can't.

As I said, while I'm looking at the legal elements of this, you are looking at it from some other perspective.

I'm not really sure why you're responding to my posts tbh, as all I'm arguing is that legally, if we want to send people back to where they come from, Begum should be sent back to the UK...and likewise, Smith to Ireland.

As I also said, if you have some legal argument that either should be sent to Saudi Arabia, let us hear it.

The legal argument is this, if you literally welcome back onto your territory actual indoctrinated international criminals/murderers onto your own soil, your own homestead, to do whatever they want, what chance do you have? Lets say there are 14 criminals outside my property right now, and I invite them into my house, literally let them in? What chance have I got. You are so hung up on some bureaucratic definition of what is "legal", you have lost all notion of what it is to have some basic notion of "common sense". Fair enough man, let her in, let them all in. Let all these lunatics in that want to literally murder you because of your altruism, just be sure to tell them you pray 6 times a day to some ghost 5000km away. Which I'm sure that you definitely don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

Well that fell on stony ground did it not?

For what seems to be the majority she is brown, aligned with a foreign faith that does some pretty nasty things, so she should stay with them and not soil their precious little white values and sense of right and wrong.

Nowt unusual, bigots don't do detail and are unlikely to be swayed by your logical approach, or indeed be concerned about the implications if someone else that has the potential to boost an MP's standing by being booted comes along.

Bigots are not happy with people not conforming whether it be by religion, race or ideas, in fact they were out in force during Brexit where I myself was invited to leave the UK if I liked the EU so much. An invitation that I was more than happy to oblige the IQ zero's with a take up.

So basically, your explanation is fine and not at all different from the way I see things myself, but it will never be acceptable to the "deep thinkers" with their "us good", "them bad" approach.

At least the Brexit bigots have stopped with their project fear mantra and slithered off under their stones, maybe some new group will move Begum into the "one of us" camp.

You never know! There was a time when those terrorists looking for a Jewish state were the Begums of the Middle East, look at how that turned out :-)

To state the obvious, this is not a legal argument, though it may be a "legal" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

There is no age where a victim of grooming and sex trafficking becomes consensual.

Again the opinion on this thread is fairly worrying.

if you literally welcome back onto your territory actual indoctrinated international criminals/murderers onto your own soil, your own homestead, to do whatever they want

I see we are onto the "completely making up false scenarios" line of argument now. While we're at it, why not suggest we want to organise a homecoming parade for her too?

She is a British criminal and they have all the power and means to put her on trial and let her face the justice that the country professes, yet fails, to guarantee its citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭crusd

Just taking a quick overview of the thread. The general belief seems to be that a 15 year old child, induced by a Canadian undercover agent to travel to Syria, where she was to be a virtual sex slave for a vile regime, in other words a minor trafficked for sex, is completely responsible for their own situation and should not in any way be also considered a victim in this situation. That seems to be what I get from this thread.

It that's the level that humanity and empathy some posters have descended to the place is f*cked

Dont forget to include 15 year olds have the mental age of a dopey 5 year old. Thats a key part of the "poor angle child" defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A while back you said that she was a 15 year old that was being treated like a 5 year old. I asked what age you felt that she would be absolved of responsability. 13, 14? You never answered.

So just to make clear, you think that a 15 year old should be legally culpable for any and all actions and should not be treated as a child.

What age do you think this should start happening? 14? 13? 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭crusd

Note I said was being held "completely responsible" not that they had no responsibility. Of course a 15 year old should be responsible for their actions. But they can also be victims of grooming.

Pedo's will love this world ye are advocating where a 15 year old is held completely accountable for their own actions, even when they have been groomed.

Wheres this rubbish about Pedo's coming from other than by those desperately trying to muddy the waters about what she actually did?

But she isn't a British criminal.

That's the purpose of the trial, to find out and provide an opportunity for the alleged criminal to speak up in their defence.

I might be wrong of course, but I have my doubts that ISIS are in the loop as regards extradition and data exchange.

I suppose if they were to become Tory party donors or Trump gets in and sticks them on his "friends and family" list, things could change for Americas poodle. A beheading of Assange would certainly keep the few remaining stroppy reporters in the West in their place anyway :-)

You're right. I was going to say alleged, but I thought it sounded silly. There is no doubt she has committed a crime, the question is one of whether a jury would view the grooming as mitigation.

Ultimately we will never know now because of the seemingly capricious extra-judicial actions of the HS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,227 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So what you're saying is that you believe a 15 year old is legally culpable and you're refusing to answer the rest.

British bigots don't do humanity or empathy.

I think few bigots do anywhere on the planet, but my experiences of racism, ignorance and stupidity was entirely within Britain. I traveled the world too and often though myself fortunate that Brits are not treated with the same level of respect and tolerance a not inconsiderable number provide to "foreigners".

It's no coincidence that the calls for exiting the ECHR are so plentiful in the Tory gutter press. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a few demanding it's removal here too.

The irony being of course that were an alien species to land on earth, it would assume that Tory tabloid readers were human too and no doubt treat them the same as the human population of the planet.

Thinking, empathy and humanity are all alien to those that rely on the old tribal values that worked so well in the stone age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I understand the British stance but I think they're missing a trick here. She was the poster girl for ISIS, yet she wants to return. They should use her as the poster girl for anti-extremism. Hey look kids, here was a girl who thought the grass was greener until she got there and realised it's a barren wasteland of outdated ideologies that are not what they seem.

Obviously, she would need to fully renounce ISIS and their beliefs which she appears unwilling to do... whether this is because she is hedging her bets and knows if she does renounce them, and doesn't get out of there, she is worse than dead. I'm sure the Brits have better-qualified people who could make that call.

Post edited by RoboRat on

But are they not different facets of the same goal?

Building up control of a weaker child for their sick nefarious reasons.

I find it hard to see a difference, although the bigots wanting to rid their country of foreigners and people that don't have their values in my experience are very sorry that medieval torture techniques are not an option for child abusers such as the Rochdale crowd.

Strange is it not that the same bunch that put total blame on those grooming the children in Rochdale should want to put total blame on the groomed as far as Begum is concerned?a

One might almost think the fact that there was a common Asian theme had something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭volchitsa

That she boke no UK rules? I think you must know that I said nothing of the sort. Because I've no idea. I said that UK laws do not apply abroad. That's a fact.

FWIW I think you are correct that the reason the UK is desperate to remove her British nationality is because if she kept it, then yes, there would be no legal basis on which to ban her.

The last part of your post is just an appeal to hysteria so I won't bother with it.

Advertisement