Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,160 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I don't doubt you. It's just I was speaking from personal experience of 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Having 2k+ views on something is nothing.

I have no online profile and 2.20k on a video on YouTube.

Someone needs to think about their attention seeking.

Ah sure RTE is great

Well for you going on holidays a few times a year and getting people to help you while doing so.

Now the real world. We don't drive electric cars and go on holidays a few time a year with help you ask for and don't get invited to RTE shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

To think that she was once a mod on this thread.

• Ah Jeff, lay off the aul stone throwing there would ya

Do you never consider I might be a bit tongue-in-cheek?

I know nothing about your life or hardships, all of us have them, but I don’t particularly see anyone wanting to swap their life experiences with mine. I have had a pretty sh1t life, trying to deal with ups and downs in a certain way, celebrating the up bits, trying at times not to jump off a cliff at the bad bits.

i was having a bit of fun tonight, didn’t ya know, didn’t I flag it. As for “invites” I once filled out a form for Claire Byrne audience, the rest is history. Anyone can go in the audience, but they often have difficulty filling the seats as it’s such a late program. You remain on the database. I live very close by, can be there in 10 minutes. Like any gobsh1te can fill out the form to go into the audience. I’ve no special connections with anyone in RTE.

As for going on holidays several times a year, am I supposed to sit at home cursing the darkness in my life? I am paying less for Borneo than most people are spending on 2 weeks in the Canaries. Actually I could save myself money by overwintering in the Canaries or Cyprus.

As for getting “special assistance” anyone who actually needs it can get it. Anyone. It’s not a big deal. I am trying to get it across to people to ask for what they need when they need it and not get all bitter because they are not receiving. Should I not go anywhere because of my disability?

As for my car being electric, it’s hybrid. No chance of getting an electric one even if I wanted one, living in an apartment block. What kind of car ought I be driving?

Don’t you ever see where I’m self deprecating? I mean, what am I but another nobody cursed with a body that doesn’t work and never did properly, I’m not somebody to envy in any way, but I do try and go full-on positive to compensate for what I can’t enjoy in life, half-decent health.

Of you are wondering why I’m up so late, well I got in late, and then there has been the little matter of a stoma bag leak to deal with. No magic assistants to help. Maybe you’d like to try having one yourself. Maybe you have one for all I know.

Maybe I was trying to give a few of us a laugh tonight. I found it hard not to break out laughing whilst answering Katie.

Put down yer aul stones, there, and I’ll get out of the stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,244 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

when my father was working in Jobstown, often the man of the house would sit in the van as a security measure

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,887 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

when the Norbay ran under P&O, i don't think you could book as a foot passenger, as it was primarily for freight / trucks

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

How did your father stop the Man of the House from taking off in his van?

Actually, I think things have improved. I remember travelling around Tallaght very early in the morning looking for my fathers stolen car. We came across 3 or 4 sitting on the middle of the road, burnt out the night before. You had to stop and look at each car to tell if it was his car. It was eventually found later that day halfway down the hill of one of the mountain car parks. The had gone over the edge pulling donuts.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Freight with sleeping quarters for the drivers is it's raison d'etre. Hence the absence of a bar, a spa and a piano shaped swimming pool. It was being sold cheaply and Irish Ferries bought it cheaply. It must be pretty slow as well. The ferry from Dublin to Holyhead 3.5 hours. The one from Rosslare is an overnight trip for roughly the same distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Bet would be so proud,  "Bye 'eck chuck" 😊

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Decades ago I brought my mother and the car over on a ferry very like the Norbay that was running Dublin to Liverpool. A truckers ferry. But they took a few ordinary pax with cars. Mum absolutely loved her little overnight voyage in a cute little cabin with decent plain truckers food in the café. We drove up then to the Lake District, there in an hour. Great trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Iirc, the Norbay (or another like her) was on the Dublin-Liverpool freight only line and was known to take cars when space permitted. Priority was given to trucks.

II(also)rc, the fare was a fair bit lower than for the normal passenger car routes, reflecting the lower provision of amenities.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• The girl sitting beside me was getting a great aul chuckle. I told her and others in the audience my plans, and Katie responded admirably 😁 She was in absolutely great form last night. Initially she used to be tense, now she’s much more laid back. I normally don’t agree with Ciara Kelly in many things but she was spot on. I’m not a Green Party voter, but the guy last night was very pleasant & good humoured when the cameras weren’t on him. One thing I live about these evenings at Montrose is observing the goings on, including Patrick Kielty’s total lack of ego. I get the vibe that Subsudy had not been popular, the tone in which he’s mentioned gives it away. One of the staff back last year mentioned about his picture having been all over the green room and the minute he left those were stripped off the walls.

• One thing I must tell yiz about, all our phones were taken from us. A yellow-post-it with our names was stuck to each phone and all bundled together in an open cardboard box held aside in the green room area. one man objected about the security aspect of this. Some people didn’t even turn off their phone. One man objected to the lack-put security aspect and I said I was in half a mind to bring it up on Liveline.

I can understand them not wanting people to have phones in a live audience, but they should have a more secure system. At the very least ensure each person turns off their phone before handing it over, then place in a sealed bag with name of owner on outside of bag. Put in a safe for duration of show.

• CULL’EM

Mystery seizures from yesterday, waiting forever for diagnosis.

Uisce Eireann water supply, pipeline not wanted by nimbys

Ticket touts, tickets invalid.

Collum talking about uisce and diverting water from rivers in the Whest to the parched Doobliners, health something, fake tickets in Manchester

• Advertisement

Studio S7.1

Command Chair: President Duffy Cull Um (Last minute stand in)

Guest Chairs: Empty

Joe's ego has landed on de Moon after hearing the great compliments on Upfront last night. So much so he is unable to wurk today.

Wan with suspected epilepsy from Yesterday: Delays in de system, so to speak.

Dublin Water: Too many people allowed in, not enough water in Dublina to cope.

Ticket Touts: Use real tickets, don't be buying them from touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Today, Joe Colm...

• Seizure caller from yesterday
    • Oirish Water wanting to build a pipeline...I believe it's to steal 'acquire' water from the Shannon.
    • Ticket Touts, caller bought Dudley Moore tickets so to speak for a match in de UK and was accordingly turned away at de turnstyle, whoy?

It's gas, Louise said before her Liveline preview song that she will hear from Joe after it, turns out it's not Joe today it's Colm instead, how in the jaysus is RTÉ being run that 5 minutes before she's going to do an intro she doesn't even know who is presenting the show?

The questions is how Joe has a live promo, which interruptus de preceding show? While other RTE Talent have a recorded promos, played during the preceding show's add break.

Joe's ego has landed on de Moon after hearing the great compliments on Upfront last night. So much so he is unable to wurk today.

• I think I must have caused him to have a seizure himself. Mrs Duffy is putting buckets of iced water on him to try to calm down his nervous system. He’s no doubt been given a heavy dose of Valium and Mrs Duffy now has him tucked up in peaceful slumber.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He might walk away from RTÉ with a golden shower so to speak if he plays his cards right...

Better again would be de Scope classifying him as a fake self employment and having his RTE Defined Benefit pension reinstated.

• Chaaar-less, as Joe calls him, is getting almost as many cards as Tubridy does.

He’s beginning to look a bit fragile. Today William had to cancel attending a memorial service for King Constantine who was his godfather and a very close family friend/relation. Neither he nor Charles can attend. Rumours of particularly serious form of cancer. No word on the nature of Kate’s surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

The 50K a year Pest Control Agent aka cat got its paws on the string between the two polystyrene cups linking the two studios, so there was no way of relaying the message that Joe was off sick today.

Advertisement