Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Not to mention getting off his face on nitrous oxide while his wife was in labour and supposed to be the one using the gas and air. I don't think he should be barred from the US due to his drug use but I think he should stop going on about it. He's pushing 40 and has 2 young kids, not a good look, especially if there are ever any custody issues in the event of a divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

I'd imagine that she went through abdominal surgery and is convalescing at Kensington Palace until after Easter. It's almost like the Palace told everyone exactly what was happening in a statement. She had abdominal surgery, she is recovering from that surgery at KP, she will likely return after Easter and she wishes for her private medical info to be private i.e. updates will only be given if any new information arises/we won’t be commenting on speculation.

As someone mentioned previously – sometimes when people want to have privacy , even with crazy conspiracy theories floating around about them, then that is exactly what they are capable of having. Does everything have to be a conspiracy theory these days?

No media questions? It was covered and since there is no significant updates per the statement then coverage of it dies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

PR from the Palace in overdrive. Where are the pictures or videos to prove any of this? Kate could be anywhere, in any state, it’s very worrying.

I can’t believe posters are still blabbing about Harry and Meghan here like there aren’t very major developments with Harry’s family right now. Let’s look at the Royals today - Prince Andrew, Princess Anne and ‘Queen’ Camilla lead the charge of representation. This is the alternative to Harry’s half in half out offer.

Prince Andrew leads the pack at King Constantine's memorial service

The Jeffery Epstein associate and the Mistress who destroyed Diana. How does anyone think this is a good look for the Royal family? Prince William is acting beyond belief strange. He’s supposed to be the next King. Kate has disappeared and no amount of made up word salad articles can detract from that. There’s no picture, no proof of life, no video thanking well wishers, William acting drunk giving out medals. It’s a catastrophe for them but some on here are just digging the Meghan and Harry hole so deep, they can’t find the route out.

Palace says Kate is 'doing well' as William pulls out of service

Anyone who believes the Palace at this stage also believes pigs fly. Talks of 9 months recovery and her not progressing well are also making headlines…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

You're shocked people are discussing Harry and Meghan on the Harry and Meghan thread? You could start a new discussion about all that other stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

PR from Buckingham Palace is not in overdrive. How about all sticky beaks back off, and leave William - and Catherine - alone. There’s a thing called privacy, there are also personal matters.

Stay calm, don’t go down the rabbit hole and stop speculating totally unfounded nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tbf the Megxiteers have a very very complicated relationship with privacy, so Kate not appearing on Oprah or writing books in order to keep her privacy is really confusing them.

Meg and Harry could take lessons from Kate but that'd affect their "private publicity hunting socialite" lifestyle and revenue streams too much

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I do wonder was Harry summoned on the news of the Kings illness because the King knows William is not up to the job.

There is always twists in that family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ha ha ha, and Harry the whinger is. That's given me a right laugh.

Andy is currently fronting the Royal Family. William is gone AWOL after appearing to have been drunk at another event.

So yeah, right laugh indeed. 😂

Oh the hypocrisy. Nothing to see here when the Royal’s house of cards are literally falling down in front of our eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Maybe this was the personal reason he couldn't go.

They’re Harry’s Family which are being mentioned here continuously in relation to Harry and Meghan so here is perfect. In fact I’d wonder was Harry summoned to the U.K. when he met Charles that time to sign something rather than dashed as per the PR machine. Interesting times.

The Royal institution is not working for the new generation if we’ve the couple it needs the most to modernise it overseas after media attacks, the heir to the throne acting very strangely and his wife disappeared from the public eye for months with no explanation given. That’s a PR disaster in the making.

They already did.

Again, this family has always had twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Media outside UK, Europe, Oz, Nz and US are reporting leaked info about the type of cancer has. I won't repeat it, its a top search in main search engine. I wish him well.

I think the amount of royal engagements the RF have to manage will need to be addressed. William, Camilla, Anne, Edward, etc. Just cant keep up. Even with Harry gone, and the York girls pulled in, its still way too much at this stage for the rest.

This might make GB people reflect ... do we need a RF member ... at every GB event ? .. representing us abroad ? .. at funerals of heads of states around the world? .. at every school or hospital.or charity ribbon cutting event?

If they had a republic, the people doing the RF jobs would be hired or elected public servants. You need more, you hire more. You need less, you let them go. They retire, you just replace them. You don't have to depend on a handful of one family doing every job and attending engagement for their life.

I would not want their life for anything.

Harry didnt want it either. He said he was leaving. But its clear he still wants it, but as a freelancer, charging his own hourly rate.

You have absolutely no idea. No more than I do.

But it is all a little bit strange to see Andy front and centre representing the RF.

I think we can both agree the situation must be desperate if the non sweating nonce has been called upon.

Well I will give you that, I wouldn't have Andy front and centre either.

You do a lot of wondering, which seems to be completely free flow speculation with its origins in a rabbit hole. This thread is about Harry and Meghan, and their many and various endeavours. In fact, I think the only posters who do compare and contrast with the Royal Family are acolytes of the dynamic duo.

H&M’s constant efforts to find some royal adjacent purpose in life in order to make a living do merit a discussion - about their motives, their casual relationship with the truth, their industrial re-writing of the past.

A new, different thread about the royal family would, IMO, better suit the matter. This thread, about the eponymous pair wouldn’t be derailed, as it so often is.

This thread is about Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry.

And no I'm sorry his mysterious flying visit whilst his family come apart at the seams is very much relevant.

I can see a major plot twist which royalists will not like, it's hardly a surprise they want to divert and shut down debate.

The reality has always been after Lizzy, the RF needed Harry far more than Harry needs them. Probably even before.

Not even Lizzy trusted them, that's one of the reasons she died in the role.

I wonder has Charles already been on the blower again to LA. William has had to fill in for a wet week and he has already gone AWOL.

Can you have a ginger white knight?

😂

• Advertisement

Things would want to be in meltdown if they needed Harry back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

They've turned to Andy before turning to Harry.

That says everything about Harry's standing.

👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️👆️

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Is this the latest Sussex spin now? Make out that the thousand year old institution of monarchy is crumbling and what will help sustain it is the super duper Sussexes making a comeback. 🤔😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

There doesn't appear to be any real appetite for a Republic in Britain. It doesn't even appear to be in the mix.

They love their royal family and the reactions to Elizabeth's death showed that.

If it does turn out that Charles reign is very short, then William gets the top job. And then his son and so on. Brits love it.

Some of the comments posted here seem to have arrived from what Harry described as "another world". Here are a few quotes and passages from an article about Spare in the Telegraph a year ago, which will help establish his state, and his relationship with reality and the truth.

The Duke of Sussex admits in his memoir he has taken cocaine, cannabis and magic mushrooms, revealing that psychedelic drugs allowed him to see “the truth”.

He took psychedelics both for fun and therapeutically over the years, smoking cannabis in his garden at Kensington Palace and at Eton. Under their influence, he was able to see there was “another world where the red mist didn’t exist”, he says, claiming that drugs had helped him both escape and “redefine” reality.

He reveals that after the drugs wore off, he was still able to see this other world that was ”just as real and twice as beautiful”, reinforcing his belief that “this is not all there is.”

“Only the truth existed,” he writes.

He says he went to California with friends and found himself getting drunk on tequila and taking magic mushrooms.

The Duke recounts how he started hallucinating, believing a bin in a bathroom was staring at him before growing a head.

The lavatory then also became a head and began talking to him.

And finally,

He pleaded with the moon for something in his life to change

At least from my perspective, it's hard to take him seriously.

And that says everything that’s wrong with the Royal family as an institution in a nutshell.

I’ve stated many times, Harry is a member of the Royal family. He and Meghan are affected by the events of their family, as are they all. Your attempts at trying to keep this thread as multiple posts of hate and abuse at Harry and Meghan are concerning. You’ve no problem talking about Meghan's family or the Royals yourself when it suits.

Do you support Prince Andrew leading the Royals today? Is he better to worse than Prince Harry in your mind?

Harry has caused immense hurt by trashing the Royal Family - for money, nothing else. How would you feel if your brother/son carried on like that in your family? I know how I’d feel.

I think Andrew should maintain a very low profile at all times. So should Harry. Virtual invisibility would work best. Oh, and silence. Each in their own way is a liability, a distraction and an embarrassment as far as I’m concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

The Andrew thing is sickening. I wonder if he has something on the RF because he's like a stubborn stain that just won't shift. I know he was the Queen's favourite and she protected him a lot. Charles isn't able to evict him and he's still popping up at events despite his history. It truly is disgusting. I'm no fan of Harry and his antics but Andrew is on a whole other level, both morally and legally.

Advertisement