Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Loads of whispers etc, mate called me to find out if true. I have no idea. Has it been reported on any news website yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,598 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Not a mention on any normal news source. Seems to be just disinformation from the usual suspects on social media - no indication anything actually happened in Celbridge in the last few days, bar those clowns showing up outside the venue last night with their placards and tricolours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Dangerous sh*t going on at the moment with the amount of nonsense been pushed online, too many plonkers with nothing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I haven't looked but I doubt anything will be reported on until more details are known.

MSM won't go near it and gript have enough problems to get involved at the minute.

This is not some person in their 20s where they can fabricate rape because they are sexually active.

If a rape kit reveals their was no rape then its fair to say whoever made up these stories should suffer serious consequences, if it reveals rape took place then their is going to be riots and murder.

Let's just hope it's lies and a child didn't actually go through that.

Who are the usual suspects that posted this?

Can you provide some links so I can see what else they have said in the last.

I am genuinely intrigued so please work away and pass on the details of these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭smallbeef

I don't know anything about the alleged incident so I won't comment.

But even if true, the general public won't make a peep. It will be the usual small cohort out in protest. Unfortunately, some scum will use it as a means to riot/loot/burn etc. which taints the any centre-right movement.

The general public won't budge for a while yet. Look at the referendums that are romping home. The country is so 'woke' its asleep.

The public won't protest this absolute sh*tshow until the government is back borrowing money from the markets to pay the 40bn extra government spending since 2019. The IMF will make us slash this spending. Welfare cuts, pay cuts, job cuts, tax increases - thats what will wake people up. I'm afraid this shower of c*nts will have rode into the sunset with our corporate tax 'windfall' before this happens and the public will be left to pick up the pieces. Massive transfer of public funds into connected private hands happening before our eyes. The government know what's down the line and they're making their nests.

If this turns out to be true their will be more than a small cohort out in protest.

I don't want to link to them, but it was the usual far right agitators who started the rumours - I think it may have been that DB character who set the ball rolling yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

The Celbridge story is shocking and wild. What's going on that it can't even be published anywhere?

Made up lies? How would far right troublemakers in Dublin have access to a story in Co. Kildare that nobody in Kildare seems to know anything about?

• Advertisement

You don't want to link to them because you are making things up.

Feel free to prove me wrong and I will look through the links and apologise if I am wrong.

How do you know that nobody in Kildare knows about it?

Do you live in Kildare and have asked all the locals about the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

From Gript.

"Responding to queries after rumours circulated online, Gardai have confirmed that are investigating an alleged assault on a minor in Celbridge by "a single adult known to the child":

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I have read the reports on Twitter / X and I'm originally from Leixlip and work in Leixlip.

All reports heavily feature 'allegedly' 'apparently' and 'unconfirmed reports' and follow the same narrative.

I love the use of strategic question marks that pose these statements as questions rather than what they are (because a statement would need to be corroborated).

One of the more shared reports on X:

Hearing reports of a 7 year old Migrant girl who was allegedly raped by 3 Roma men on the grounds of this Hotel The police have tried to cover it up allegedly going so far as to have the child taken to hospital by taxi instead of an ambulance so as not to bring any attention? Apparently they have not made any arrests as of yet? & that distraught child & her family were brought back to Celbridge Manor after the hospital were the alleged assailants were still being accommodated?

I find it odd that out of all these unconfirmed and alleged reports, they know that (a) it was a 7-year-old migrant girl (not just a girl), (b) it was 3 Roma Gypsies (not just 3 men), and (c) that she was taken to hospital by taxi as an ambulance was refused. Seems like a lot of in-depth knowledge that would negate the need to state that it's alleged, or unconfirmed.

A 'physical' assault Gript later clarify in the same thread (presumably by a relative, going by the wording) - meaning everything that was alleged on the rumour mill yesterday was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

As another poster said like the alleged incidents in Roscrea that never made it to the rest of the media ,only known activists are writing about this on X .

This is not saying something didn't happen, just that it is just rumour and unverifiable reports by people who are not trustworthy to the general public .

So it's really unfair to say that the public are " woke " whatever that means, just because they don't believe sxxx from cranks on sm .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

'Woke' is the standard response when you question the veracity of a statement and they feel you are not conforming to their views. Other responses include 'head in the sand' or 'you need to wake up' or 'sheep'... ironically the sheep one is the most hypocritical. Imagine heading out on a cold February night to protest outside a hotel based on information garnered from a handful of questionable social media accounts that liberally use allegedly, apparently, and unconfirmed in their reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Ahwell

You’re the one who brought this unfounded rumour up on here, with no credible source whatsoever. So is an apology incoming then?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭HerrKapitan

The lack of a journal.ie fact-check on this is worrying.

I don't believe I discussed in detail what the rumour was unless I overlooked a post.

I never claimed to have any credible source to anything.

I stated I hoped it is lies and a child didn't suffer and that we wouldn't see violence from this for anyone, except to those who made up lies if that turns out to be what happened, they are scumbags.

Unfortunately it looks like a poor child has been a victim of a horrific attack and I haven't seen anyone show any sympathy.

All talk about far right, thankfully Strazadas can pass on all the details of the people behind the rumours and they get what they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Give it a rest, there’s a world of difference in what the Gardai say they are investigating and what you were implying in your OP. The Guards have made a number of statements recently about the significant and consistent volumes of speculation, misinformation, disinformation and falsehoods in circulation, particularly in relation to International Protection Applicants. You are now a part of that - well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

Your last point is absolutely spot on.,

The standard of leadership in Ireland has gone right down the tube.

Its not that we don't have the talent....we do. But, for some strange reason, we elect incompetent self interested clowns to run the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

If there isnt. May as well forget about this place. Move to South America. Less corruption going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You are probably right.

A lot of people might have concerns but come election time will swallow the guff coming from FF, FG and quite a few will still believe McDonald and her open border party are the answer to their prayers.

Now having said that we still have maybe another 12 months of this madness before a GE is on the horizon and the numbers arriving could ramp up over the summer and more voters might be looking for alternative parties to vote for.

The next Government whoever they are need to tackle the immigration question before its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Needs to be sent back to the Congo on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

"The next Government whoever they are need to tackle the immigration question before its too late."

I don't know @Galwayguy35 - I think it's already too late. The amount of problems already in place and all these problems look set to get much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

It happend on December 22 2017 and is only getting to court now. What kind of psychological toll is the glacial pace of the Irish justice system placing on victims?

Meanwhile we've been supporting him, he hasn't done any of the basics we should expect, he hasn't learned English in the intervening 6 years and can't support himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

There is no alternative party for the anti immigration crowd to vote for.

If someone was that way minded, (not me personally) whom would they vote for?

Thats the elephant in the room for the anti migrant crowd, they dont have a viable option, fortunatley.

I do agree that the govt need a coherent plan for the long term, as immigration to ireland isnt going away, but those expecting a get out of jail card/asylum ban after the GE will be sorely disspointed as no party is advocating that stance.

The only practical solution is to plan, develop infrastructure to support the population growth and resource accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

That's the depressing aspect of this. We have been handed the greatest windfall of any country on the planet probably ever in the form of corporate tax bonanza. Can only compare it to striking oil. And an enormous chunk of it is going out the door on the most unproductive detrimental uses you can possibly imagine - fake asylum seekers and NGO's. Where the return on your euro invested is either zero or probably negative in the case of fake asylum seekers. It's what happens when you put child-like naive people in charge like Varadkar, O'Gorman and McEntee in charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement