Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has Paddy Cosgrave overstepped the mark?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I hate the Irish begrudgery that tears down decent people who get ahead and plough their own furrow and are delighted if they fail.

Cosgrave didn’t experience that. He is experiencing something much worse.

He bullied his way through life and puffed up being an event planner and pretended his family connections and money had nothing to do with. Went around throwing rocks at everyone.

It really must be incomprehensible to him that a tweet of no real consequence in the greater scheme of things has ended his power. He’s continuing to behave in the same way that brought him success and it is only serving to burn his fiefdom to the ground even more quickly.

I’d wager some Cosgrave loyalist kept running the company on his orders delivered via WhatsApp. Undermining any action towards change in the organisation.

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Given that we have now seen 25,000+ civilian deaths and genocide charges brought against Israel, even the US are tacitly acknowledging that there are war crimes here........ could it be time time for Paddy to return ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

could it be time time for Paddy to return ?

paddy had his day and hopefully we'll never see or hear from him again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

He is already back on Twitter

Do you think he should return to Web Summit? Well if he wants to totally destroy the company then yes

I hate begrudgery but that's not what I feel about Paddy. I love seeing guys like Collisons go out and make a name for themselves.

Paddy has trampled all over people, hired graduated and then not paid them. The reviews of his company say a lot when you find them on the web.

He ran around for years after FG, sucked up to them at every chance. Then when he didn't get his way he has run a vendetta for years. Also his way would have been terrible for a lot of people in Dublin when he wanted to take over the city for the duration of the event.

Going after FG was one thing, but then going around doxing people on twitter so they could get abuse from his army just because they support FG or in some cases just because they didn't support SF was the final straw for a few people.

He is a clown, gets too much air time anyway in Ireland, let him off to Portugal and let them deal with him. Unfortunately I expect if Sinn Fein get in they will have to make good on wahtever promise them have made to get his support so who knows what that will be, I can only guess he will be given the keys to Dubin to run his event.

But who’d go to it now? All the big names can’t roll back on pulling out especially when the organisation hasn’t changed.

They are looking to save money and reduce air travel of their employees so it will be even harder for companies to justify sending them to the event now.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,114 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If Cosgrave himself were to come back as CEO, it would remind me of that Tenacious D song "City Hall", where they orchestrate the total collapse of society:

But now what will we do?

We must rebuild

But who will lead us in the rebuilding process?

Man, it's got to be someone with the know-how

And the elbow grease, to lead us to a new land

No, not me and KG

We don't have the cognitive capacity to lead

Alright, we'll do it!

We'll lead as Two Kings

But just one king. A total onekinger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,360 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

‘So Paddy, the company was teetering on the edge?’

’Yes’

’So you came back and gave it the final push to utter destruction.’

The above is a gross exaggeration and work of fiction.

Cosgrave would never give that short of an answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Oh brilliant, he will want to be in the public eye with an election coming up.

• Advertisement

Paddy just cant ever let anything go can he....

Do you remember that uppity, precious sh1te in secondary school? Everyone, even the teacher, would groan when they opened their mouth.

At least back then you knew school would end and you’d know which college they were going to so you could pick a different one. There’s no getting away from this dose and no end date on his BS.

Not sure if anyone else pays attention to Paddy on twitter but i think hes starting to get an understanding about how off base he is with many of his views after his entirely valid criticism of Grift.ie is being met with outrage by many of his usual supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

He is suing a newspaper. Do you get a discount card if you take 10 cases to the High Court or something?

He’s a very strange man when you think about it.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭Tow

Which story is he suing them over?

The coffee grinds in the sink?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

I’d imagine it is this one.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,741 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He did say Irish media group though...

Scrap the cap!

Yeah ive a feeling its grift.ie, they posted a few stories back during his ignominious exit from web summit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Lawyers and barristers don't come cheap. It is possible.

Youth Defence, grift.ie owners, have deep american pockets

Plenty of US culture wars money flowing into right wing media across Europe

You need a good reputation to start with in these cases. He’ll end up like the SF MLA recently, a man who admitted and traded on his reputation of being a murderer sued over being called a murderer and lost completely IIRC.

Judge: ’But Mr Cosgrave you are a dose. It was a fair comment. We’ll see you tomorrow for whatever other case we’re hearing as a result of your ego being wounded.’

The Dark Triad explains it.

He’s a very strange man. Like I presume he’s financially well off, but there doesn’t appear to be any joy in his life. He’s an event planner at the end of the day. Maybe that’s what bothers him.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭BagofWeed

Tom Gilmartin and Maurice McCabe vibes here, Sure they weren't well at all, at all.

• Advertisement

Not comparable at all. They were whistleblowers. Cosser is a posh dude who can’t control his emotions and bully’s people online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Isnt there a thread about this wànker already?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Hmmm the blueshirts seem to be up in arms, that leads me to think this Paddy fella might be on to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭JVince

Naw - I just despise Cosgrave. Arrogant jumped up pr1ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Musicrules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Paddy is an intriguing character. He gets fixated on an issue and runs hard with it. He's a little bit like a slurry spreader. For the city folk on here, these agricultural machinery look like this:

In other words, spread enough faeces in the hope that some sticks - this time though, he might be on to something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

Sure isn't the vast majority with hands on the levers of power in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

I'd imagine he's paying off politicians from the drug money,they probably prefer cash. And he's using the legitimate business to pay for his lavish lifestyle. 🤣

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Actually going by the analogy given he is just full of shít and just spewing it.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Nothing petty about it at all, politicians are hounds for publicity and photo ops. If the result is they get photographed with somebody later found to be in possession of 33 million euros of illegal drugs, tough.

They don't even see how bad it looks when they fraternise with someone who has already been up to something or engaged in cute hoorism. E.g. M. Martin at various launches in Westmeath with Robert Troy beside him in every photo. If Martin had any integrity he'd tell Troy to fcuk off, of course he won't, he'll do the opposite, get Troy into photos to "rehabilitate" him for the next GE.

Post edited by BrianD3 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm surprised Paddy hasn't become more popular after his ramblings against Israel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

He’s an absolute legend, a great guy. Born into FG stock he could easily have done what the rest of them do. But he has standards for his country. PC exposes the corruption, clientelism, backslapping and the incompetence of FF/FG....and they hate him for it.

😂

He had no problem with FG till they wouldn't do what he wanted. Which by the way would have been a disaster for the people of Ireland. Only after that did he run around after SF.

So the question is what have SF offered him for his services? because he ain't doing this for free. What will the people of Ireland have to pay in the end for his services for SF?

Also in terms of exposing "corruption, clientelism, backslapping and the incompetence of FF/FG", maybe. But he also went round picking random people on twitter who didn't agree with him and doxxed them.

Is that who you think is a legend? what happens if you don't agree with him? will he dox you and then have random people coming up and attacking you because you don't drink the same coolaid?

Oh he is more popular than ever in the online group that follow him because of his ramblings about Israel. In terms of number of actual people it is hard to know, he seems to attract the peopel who run multiple accounts on social media. Doesn't have a problem with them once they stick to his agenda

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Please do not discuss Nathan McDonnell as this is before the courts right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I don't have the exact quote, but in his recent book "Faith, Hope and Carnage" Nick Cave remarks that "Twitter is just a great machine for churning out assh0les"

He further comments that great people he admired in all kind of different fields were diminished on Twitter.

Given that Cosgrave was a dipsh1t to start with his Twitter account should come with a warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Quiet Achiever

He's not even someone we'd be all that aware of were it not for twitter notoriety. Twitter is a pox

Nah hes just a narcissistic hypocrite who subscribes to "rules for thee but not for me" which is ironic considering its what he accuses all his enemies of doing.

Think we've gotten to the stage he deserves his own twitter account along the lines of "Paddy Disagrees with Paddy"

Wonder if Paddy is still throwing a few quid towards Village magazine. They seem to be upholding the same journalistic standards as his pair of useful idiots at the Ditch.

I’m sure Mary was delighted to hear of her new son

https://x.com/feargalorourke/status/1764939246173933954?s=46&t=nCQ2zYUI_IYJ_l6bQ4J4vQ

That’s a brilliant piece of stupidity, Mary’s son was high up in PWC, seems the Village Idiot put two and two together and got 2368****546

Fact-checking clearly not high on the list of priorities in the Village.

As an aside - I'm more than a little bit disappointed that nobody in the media has pointed out Terence's most famous role in the public eye prior to this - being the face of KPMG supervising the Lotto draws live on air (before they changed it to a behind the scenes role).

I won’t be linking or screenshotting, but Paddy is making some extremely serious allegations against former friends and colleagues on his Twitter account. Astonishing stuff.

Claims hes being threatened legally about some press conference he wants to hold about the allegations. IF he had the evidence to back up his claims he wouldn't need to back down to legal threats. Basically the 4 dead nurses again.

• Advertisement

Jesus, he better have a brain tumour or some rock solid proof if he is going to put that up on a public forum.

Advertisement