Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blair0102

I’m 460-480 on ML and got the email

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Another 300 odd people until they get to me, looks like I won't be waiting too long before progressing 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Can see some more phone calls going out in next month if more people are being progressed to next stages 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

Im 460-500 and I got the email. I thought the email went to everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 WarzoneGuy1997

No email received here…brb crying 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Boneyard2002

No email here

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

@Boneyard2002 whats your ML position mate?

@psnaye2023 700s I think it’ll be a long way yet

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I think we might be surprised, I think it's only be a few months before we get to managed stages

Hopefully bud@Si_zx10r

• Advertisement

With the speed things are going with two batches progressed to managed stages in 2 months, we’ll all be Peelers yet and sooner than we thought at Christmas 🚔

I always thought the media misinterpreted the Chief’s words but this FOI practically confirms there’s no recruitment campaign starting in April

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭georgie1305

The media word it in such a way, that it sparks controversy. They've always done it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stealth299

To be fair to the media, I think the way he worded it was quite confusing.

I still think as soon as they get a budget there’ll be another campaign and this one will be sped up

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

I agree. FOI says “no plans at present” not that it’s confirmed there will be no campaign this year. Even when this campaign is exhausted, the service will still be understaffed by hundreds. Also, this campaign was launched when the 2020 campaign was still progressing through managed stages so wouldn’t be surprised if they did it again.

All news around it is quite ambiguous at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waitinggame9

Hi all. For anyone who has done the fitness test. Do you just get one chance on the day or if you don't do it within the time do they give you another run at it?

You get a familiarisation session where you can try every part of the course, but not at once. same thing on the day.

You get one run at it and if you fail you’ll find out in your envelope when you get out of the station and can repeat in I think 12 weeks? But if you do have to repeat you can attend support sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

I know there were fitness tests being carried out this month.. can anyone shed some light on how they found it? Just got an email to say mine will be next month. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

I did mine back in may. I found it deceptively hard but manageable, if you are already in anyway fit you’ll more than likely pass.

try everything you can to identify where you might struggle, if you’re short the wall is a bit of a struggle but if you’re over 6 foot you can effectively vault it without having to use the foot holds. Try not to go full pelt on your first lap because the second will be hell and you need more in the tank for the rest. I made that mistake and ended up hitting obstacles and had to do 6 or 7 redos of the obstacles.

for the training I’d recommend doing stuff like AMRAPs with running mixed in to get used to performing while you’re tired. I did 20 minute amraps of 400m runs, 20 snatches or squats and 10 press ups often to prepare. It is slightly daunting but it’s perfectly doable, good luck!

They had 4 campaigns on the go at one point, 2021 had launched when they still had stragglers from 2017 and were working their way through 2018 and 2020 lists.

• Advertisement

Only a net loss of 18 officers last month, a lot less compared to that of previous months. Things definitely seem to be improving now.

For anyone that said there wouldn’t be a new campaign in 2024 👈

could you possibly send link to full document please?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Where exactly does it say there will be a 2024 recruitment campaign? 🤔

@Blueandtwo1320 i find your tone tiring so id rather not engage with you.

you seem like a bit of a know it all/patronising, and the sort of person who shouldn’t really become a cop because that’s what makes people hate the police…

😂😂

No. You are stating there will be a 24 campaign, and went to the effort to include a print screen? Maybe I’m just missing where it say that?

I think the point of view is that a previous FOI stated there where no plans to launch a 2024 campaign and now a more recent one has come out stating that they have applied for money for a new campaign. Why else would they apply for the money for a new campaign if they weren’t going to launch one? Thats not to say the funding will be approved but the intentions seem to be there from the PSNI.

I don’t think anyone doubts the intentions to ramp up recruitment. At the end of the day about 600 from our campaign will get in and that wouldn’t even take current numbers to 7000, not even taking into account natural wastage from current numbers in that time.

A new campaign was inevitable; it’s just a matter of when. To me, that FOI from DOJ states a bid was received. That can’t be considered until a budget is set and that won’t be until April most likely. Add on top of that the extensive PR campaign that needs to be planned and implemented (no one remember the Make It A Career posters, the Instagram Q&A or the All-Ireland programme saga?).

Initial discussion was around the media reporting a new campaign will begin in APRIL 2024. It’s March 1, we have an FOI from this week confirming nothing is planned currently, and to put the rest into motion (including in the slow-moving bureaucracy of public sector), even if that bid is approved I don’t see it happening for the next 6 months at least. Though I’d be glad to be wrong.

• Advertisement

Listen I don’t come across as patronising or know it all.

Also, no need to have a dig at me, I’m purely challenging your comment where you state there will be a 24 campaign, and add a screen shot as if it’s some sort of factual information that it’s happening…

In reality all it says is they have placed a bid for funding, it doesn’t even say that it’s for 2024 campaign. It could be for 2025.

Ive also never said a 24 campaign would never happen, I’ve said in my view it’s unlikely due to the vast number of people on the current merit list, but then when on to say if anything potentially end of the end or more likely next year….

Advertisement