Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

Can the greenfees be published ,even as a notifacation in the golfnet app. Just so to accomodate lodging funds to the wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Yes, a good thing... for the people trying to nab up the jug spot you held last year 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

won't be long now for the first outing

remember to have your subs paid or you won't be able to book on the timesheets

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rosstopher213

Hi guys,

looking to join ye this year if its not too late .is it possible to join having never held a handicap before been away from the game the last few years but hoping to make a return this year, shooting mid to high 80s if that helps with giving me a handicap,, looking to join local club but probably not for another month or so.

No

look up the how to join thread and pm me with your info.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Alanm

All,

I've had to change one of the outings. Unfortuneately, due to their Captains day, Mullingar is no longer available for us. This has been replaced with Esker Hills a week earlier - the 22nd of June. Below is the revised fixture list:

That’s a pity about Mullingar but great work Captain @Alanm on getting a great substitute in Esker. It’s a fair few years since I played it, think I missed last society outing there so will be looking forward to it just as much

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Snackbox20

Class

Esker hills 👌👌👌

Brilliant substitute, great work captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Pity about Mullingar as I was really looking forward to playing there. Also it was only up the road.....which does help 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭blue note

Well done on getting such a good replacement for Mullingar. Esker is a great course, tremendous fun. I played there last Autumn and had a funny round. I felt I drove very well that day, but did lose 6 balls from the tee. I'm not completely delusional - 4 of those were from hitting the ball on the line I thought was right, but it was not. One was a par 3. And one was inexcusable - I hit it about 45 degrees left of where I was aiming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭bobster453

Lovely track.Well done Captain.

Us oldies may get buggies @bakerbhoy @Break80 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭benny79

ooohhh... Shots fired 😂😂

Not off my team mate of a successful partnership @benny79 .You will have to do better than that if you want to rile the wrinklies lad😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭spuddy4711

Old age and trickery v youth and skill.

The auld dog for the hard road..the pup for the boreen😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Is there alerts setup for when tee times go live ? (On the app) or is it just a case of keeping an eye on here ? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,923 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

There sometimes are alerts and they can be set up - but we do actually prefer that people stay active and engaged in the forum. The forum is a major part of the society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

generally 3 weeks before at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

Appologies i have been long fingering this post since late last year. Congrats to our new captain Alan.

I remember playing with Alan in Esker hills the year he joined when his hcp was about 17 and when he was getting into golf, what a acheivement to get down to scratch in a relativity short period of time ( oh to have the the ball/eye natural talent).

Unfortunalety in that period my own game has gone in the other direction, i suppose partially due to neglect/lack of practice, but last year i hit a new low getting sympathy hugs from my fello boardies(much appreciated at the time) and getting whiped from the likes of benny😭.

So looking forward to the season ahead my plan is to join a golf course again and put a stop to subsidising yee guys green fees as i have been for the last couple of years🤑.

Looking at the list of golf courses, sadly i will be on holidays for the Captains and Corbalis is like marmite ( i am not a fan), so i will be heading straight for Portmarnock and hope to have the game tuned to perfection by the time Macreddin comes around. I might even make Limerick my Captains with a overnight stay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Corballis chat deleted, post outing chat on the specific thread please, Corballis one is here

BGS 2024 - Round 1 Corballis - 23rd Mar 12:20 - Page 3 — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Post edited by slave1 on

• Administrators Posts: 53,957 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lads what's the craic with handicaps this year, have they been re-baselined / is the system changing?

Mine was lower than I expected on Sat so just curious. Not complaining at all.

Corballis rating is lower than normal.

Par 66 slope is lower also.

Everyone had a lower cap playing there.

Submitting score Golf Ireland

As per the Captains instructions I logged my intent to submit a score on Corballis Links system, however they were closed when I went back after the round so I left the card in the box outside the office.

I received an email today stating a penalty score would be applied if a score is not submitted by 12am on Wednesday 27th March.

I contacted Corballis Links today who informed me only my Home Club can add the score.

So then had to email club looking for it to be submitted for me.

A word of warning...USE THE APP..i know i will from now on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got the same email even though I've submitted my score on Golf Ireland and its been approved/attested.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭BohToffee

Thanks lads, this reminds me to email in the completed scorecard photo to the handicap committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Snackbox20

Crikey!!!!

Thanks a million for the heads up Bobster

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got cut by half a shot there, penalty for not having the score submitted even though the round shows up on Golf Ireland and I was told by the handicap secretary it would be fine.

I'll get it sorted tomorrow, but just in case anyone else is in a similar boat.

I got cut .7.Some joke for 22 points.Wont happen again guaranteed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭boccy23

Seems odd how some of these have been treated differently. I registered and it logged it as normal. Just another round, no cut, no email from the committee or anything.