Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My TA is the neighbour in the flat downstairs slams their door so hard it startles me. I could be watching TV and I’ll almost jump when they slam their door. It wouldn’t be just me who gets startled. It would be all the residents around. They hit that door like a wrestler slamming an opponent

Are they angry with the world? Partner cheated on them? Horrible job? Why so angry?

It likely none of these things. Just pig ignorance and don’t care about neighbours 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'd put it down to low IQ and or lack of dexterity. It annoys the sh!t out of me that some people open doors by banging the handles down then letting go so the handle then bangs back up. A knob of any kind deserves to be handled more gently ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

Bl00dy Amazon again. TA's me when their "deals" shows a picture of a group of items and you are interested in one of the items only to find its not reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Also Amazon, finally got my replacement bank card and have been trying to add it to Amazon, but when it tries to verify my card it keeps giving me 'Something went wrong' had to go to the Awesome Books site so that I could buy a Dirk Bogarde biography for my brothers birthday. Now I'll have to go to my bank and sort that Amazon issue there as I do use it a lot for family birthday presents.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You'd like to do something to get out of the house.

You know between travel time and spending money on food and stuff you might buy.

You end up being disappointed and wasting money.

So, you just stay at home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Both Mrs G and myself suffer that, spending too long to act on the activity is also a killer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The latest update of google maps as pertains to the version on my tablet…

basically,, must have been created by a couple of drunk interns.

you now can’t access street view icon in landscape, only portrait… considering I’d imagine that the vast majority of people probably use google maps the vast majority of time in landscape…. Why can’t you access the icon in landscape ? 😵‍💫

updates to apps are supposed to enhance the user experience, but we are increasingly seeing the opposite, if you can’t make it better, just leave it ffs !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stop calling him "Ming".

He's a grown man, just call him by his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I was working away up to this am and didn't know the bosses bosses boss was visiting, so I missed the morning tea arranged for staff to meet him.

So they went on a walkabout to see the layout and check on "missing" staff, I was working on a doc and didn't see them, feedback from floor bass was that they were upset because I was using a spell check on the document(which will be going to a govt dep and potentially a court room)

I never hid from the company that I had spelling issues(ironically made better by using spellcheck) so I'm ta'ed that this is a thing and by the fact there is a staff member who had so little to do as to mention it to my boss.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I worked in one place where the boss made one lad write it up on a poster on the wall next to him - I WILL ALWAYS USE A SPELL CHECKER BEFORE SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS. Spell checking IS a good thing. Obvious caveats that you check the spellchecker doesn't make a nonsense of what you have written by reading it through afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I said this very thing on Twitter before and his daughter got *very* irate with me 🤣

See also Pat "The Cope" Gallagher. I can't understand why journalists and editors pander to this nonsense. They're not wrestlers, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,480 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you brush your teeth and forget to use tooth paste!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When the bus stop says 1 minute to the next bus, for about 20 minutes. And you don't know if it's making things up or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Despite my then-boss knowing I didn't write Irish, she demanded I use a specific greeting as the start of a letter going to the seat of power, she refused to write the phrase down for me and the cut and paste didn't transfer well between docs. The spell check didn't catch that I just called the most powerful ppl in the country, donkeys.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dirty fcukers that throw their rubbish on the ground literally right next to the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For the first in about a year I'd say I fancied a Big Mac, the drive through was coned off. I went inside and it was mobbed, kids off a bus I'd say. I don't even know how to order inside, do you have to go to a machine? Turned on my heel and out....maybe nest year 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's probably gone to the pub. It sait it'll be there in a minute, stop asking. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Its happened with the 404 bus from Galway to Oranmore, waiting for the bus for a minute and realising the driver came earlier than the time displayed and away again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Car insurance going up...every bloody year it goes up....no accidents, no claims but still goes up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The amount of chuggers and salespeople knocking on the door lately... it seems we have not only recovered to pre covid levels of them, but it looks they've actually learned from covid, as they are now multiplying in ways we can no longer control...

A people carrier just pulled up and 8 of them jumped out of it like a team of commandos!!! This is the level they have achieved!

They must be stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,160 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yeah off screens in many places now.

They tested those screens in the uk and found traces of faeces on every one. Think about that before you order...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

VAR in football again. And those useless eejits using the technology.

Inter Milan Vs Atalanta… VAR review for a handball/penalty.

it has to be deliberate for a penalty to be awarded, it’s clearly accidental but a handball is still awarded…. Despite the 18 angles, super slow motion, super HD… the defender barring an on pitch lightning amputation of his arm can do nothing to get out of the way but the referee, still, handball……..still peno….. if they cant get it right with the best technology……..really there is no hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And football related Livescore a fairly useful app is crawling with gambling promotions

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's coliform bacteria on practically every surface in public, because people are gowls who don't wash their hands after they go to the jacks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Or you do remember but accidentally use hair gel instead

But much less than bowels of peanuts ;-)

Oh and my TA for this evening. That I'm keep watching The Curse of Oak Island. Its total crap but for some reason I can't fathom when I can't find anything else I go watch it :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement