Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

He was third in line at that stage.

now he’s 5th or 6th? He isn’t needed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I think you should read them before coming to that conclusion. Certainly there is no imagined suffering in Harry's book from the age his mother died to where I'm at now. He comes across as a traumatised child by the death of his mother and then when he was 17 or 18 the death of his closest friend from school being killed in a car crash which seems to have brought the whole trauma of his mother's death back.

He refused to believe that she was dead and that she had disappeared to get away from the family and paps. And just for the record, he is deadpan about this and shows no emotion. He just accepts his treatment as a fact of life. Similarly about his room in Balmoral (how Willy had the bigger share). He was describing some of the rooms in Balmoral - thats all. He completely accepted that he was the 'Spare'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Manchester are bidding to host them (Johnny Mercer is pushing for it). It won't be going there if Harry's family's security isn't up to scratch.

I think you will find that Birmingham are bidding to host them. Or that may be in the past tense now. Birmingham is broke and the appetite of local tax payers to deepen the hole is non-existent

Its Johnny Mercer, the Veterans Minister who is pushing to host the games, so a Government initiative. They would only need the facilities that Bermingham / Manchester would have to offer and bringing such an event would be good for the city.

Just like Diana, she wasn't needed anymore. It doesn't matter if he or any of his family is killed. Are you sure about that?

• Advertisement

I don’t have an issue with the UK hosting a future Invictus Games - which should wholly be for the benefit of veterans and not hijacked for the iniquitous promotion of H&M.

Harry is a veteran. He is also Mr. Invictus Games. No one would know about them except for H&M. They bring eyes to the Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

He completely accepted being the Spare. Then wrote a book about being the Spare. And called it Spare.

Just like Diana, she wasn't needed anymore. It doesn't matter if he or any of his family is killed. Are you sure about that?

The only thing I am absolutely sure about is that your post is a great example of a non sequitur

He refused to believe that she was dead and that she had disappeared to get away from the family and paps. And just for the record, he is deadpan about this and shows no emotion. He just accepts his treatment as a fact of life. Similarly about his room in Balmoral (how Willy had the bigger share). He was describing some of the rooms in Balmoral - thats all.

It seems to me that he needed, and probably still needs, therapy to deal with the obvious trauma - which both sons felt.

He completely accepted that he was the 'Spare'.

I don't think he has ever accepted being the Spare. Harry would have done well to taken a look at the Princess Royal. A lifetime of service and support for her parents and Charles. Still one of the hardest working royals. Does not have 24H protection - only whilst working. Subjected to a kidnap attempt during which two people were shot, and shots fired at two others. Did Anne moan, groan, whine and whinge about her protection - then or now? Not bloody likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

For what I understand he was moaning about being the Spare. How come he never seemed to complain about it before Meghan? And how can he complain about being in close promixity to the general public while on trains when his brother had no issue with it?

Post edited by Be right back on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

Yep I’m pretty sure he’s 5th or 6th in line to the throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

Having also read Spare, and listened to it all on audio book read by Harry, I didn't find it at all whinging. I found Harry to be factual and undramatic. Amazed then to see snippets quoted, out of context, and given such a different twist by different newsagents and "experts".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

It’s a strange one- I know Kate is entitled to privacy but the lack of any detail around progress and recovery won’t bode well - the media do like the cooperation of the senior royals - whilst the nature of her illness or medical procedure is absolutely private and she’s entitled to keep it private, the palace could be a bit more proactive on updates and progress statements on her recovery -it wouldn’t cost them much to do that whilst still maintaining privacy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13153747/Prince-William-asked-Kate-Middleton-health-Wrexham-visit.html

The rumours on X are unreal. The conspiracy theories are really out there. She will be back when she's up to it.

Her uncle is meant to be appearing in CBB. Can't imagine her mother would be very happy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

The best one I heard was that Thomas Kingston had an affair with Kate. She got pregnant and they had a big fight. William heard them fighting and that is how he found out. He forced Kate to have an abortion, it was a botch job, she is recovering while William then went and shot Kingston. He didn't go to the mass the other day because he is evading his imminent arrest.

Of course as always with the kind of balmpots who think up this stuff there is no evidence for any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

OMG-😀- sounds like the script for the next Harry Enfield series of The Windsors

Many of the comments, AI generated photos and general bulls!tt circulating online about Catherine are beyond sick. The instigators or posters have crossed the line on numerous occasions. Even on a relatively benign thread like this, some of the insinuations or speculation have been bad enough, but out in the big wide metaverse, it's gone mad. And now even so-called royal commentators are asking for news of Catherine. FFS!

Kensington Palace's original press release was perfectly clear and, you would have thought, could be understood by pretty well everyone. On 17 January, it said (my emphasis)

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales was admitted to hospital yesterday for planned abdominal surgery. The surgery was successful and it is expected that she will remain in hospital for ten to fourteen days, before returning home to continue her recovery. Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter.

The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate. She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private.

Kensington Palace will, therefore, only provide updates on Her Royal Highness’ progress when there is significant new information to share.

The Princess of Wales wishes to apologise to all those concerned for the fact that she has to postpone her upcoming engagements. She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible.

It all seems abundantly clear to me. So why doesn't everyone extend the courtesy to Catherine.

The supreme irony for me is that H&M, who claim to be constantly demanding privacy, can't go to a drive through milk shake outlet without being papped by speed-dial Backgrid. The "squadies" are going insane and loosing their shyte with demands that Catherine must appear. Well, Catherine wanted privacy, a clear press release said so, and so should have it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

This post is ridiculous. You’re constantly speculating re Meghan and Harry, and even rejoicing in security for their children being dropped in all but name. It turns out that prevented them from travelling back with their children in 2022 to see Queen Elizabeth, how sad and pathetic from the

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a60025686/prince-harry-meghan-markle-archie-lilibet-september-2022-security/

Prince William and Kate have no one to blame but themselves for this PR disaster and boy is it growing. The vague abdominal surgery statement at the start, the disappearance and zero photograph, no explanation given, Prince William not seen visiting Kate at the hospital except once, children or other family members not at all. William acting really strange at a medal awards ceremony…And that’s not even the worst of it. Randy Andy plus Queen Camilla leading the Royals at a recent event is a disaster. Now ‘Queen Camilla’ jetted off on holidays as she’s ‘exhausted’ and left her sick husband behind. What a joke. Imagine the backlash if Harry and Meghan had done any of the above. None of them are a patch on Queen Elizabeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Catherine was photographed today after the school run, with her mother driving. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists don't believe it's really her though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I've seen claims that it is Pippa or even a planted lookalike!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah just been reading the comments. it's either pippa, or a double, or it is her and proof she had facial surgery, or proof that she was treated for an eating disorder, or photoshopped, or ai generated. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Ah the beautiful Kate, hopefully she's made a full recovery.

I’m not rejoicing. Town and Country Magazine can “read between the lines” all it wants - it’s called conjecture. RAVEC did their job, devised a security plan, but it wasn’t enough for Harry. (You’d wonder if anything would be enough for Harry)

Maybe someone can tell me why he’s happy to roll the windows down to wave to people and have paps take his and Meghan’s photograph in Whistler. Or travel to Jamaica. Or why Harry "raised concerns" over taking public transport in Britain in 2022 because it would bring him in close proximity to the public?

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one. (With apologies to Yoda)

What Harry has done is exposed the royal households for what they are. Charles & William's households (as well as QEII used to) have reps on RAVEC so it was they who were making the decisions on their security. Simon Case (William's rep) wasn't even meant to be at these meetings, but it looks like he was making all the decisions. Charles & William didn't want Harry's kids to visit with their great grand mother.

Well first of all, there isn't the same hate campaign going on in the Canadian papers are as there are in the British media. Maybe there are no white supremacists in Canada who want to kill Harry for marrying a biracial woman and having children with her. Maybe the security in Canada is up to scratch (or at least adequate) and possibly, their privage bodyguards are allowed to carry firearms unlike in Harry's home country.

As for Jamaica, no one knew they were going there. What is a big problem for them if they want to visit the UK now and avail of Ravec's security they have to give 30 days notice. That will be leaked to the press by the Royal Family and so just endanger their lives.

You just wonder what has changed that Harry doesn't need protection. Up to 2016 (while even in the Army) he had at least 2 bodyguards (including on his 2nd tour in Afghanistan - though not on his first). And he wasn't a 'working' royal then.

Can you explain what has changed for him (and his family) that he does not deserve security now. He is the son of the king after all.

Re taking the train to Manchester! Are you nuts? Without proper security?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It's very sad that the children never came to Britain. Again, they invented a whole scenario of a birthday party for lily and a meetup with her grandfather and the queen. None of it was true, h&m will claim it's because they aren't safe. Really? Maybe that is why Frogmore was terminated. One day those children will be adults .it's sad. Growing up with no contact with any family except one granny.

Advertisement