Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Is there a list anywhere of what lounges we can use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

To close the loop on this; I got a result.

They have refunded the Avios and deducted the Upgrade coupon. I wasn't planning on using it this year anyway so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Service Update: Changes to your Qualification Period

We're reaching out to tell you that we're in the process of making some changes to AerClub. This adjustment is part of our ongoing efforts to enhance your experience and make it a little more straightforward.

Standardised Qualification Period:

As part of this, all AerClub members will now have the same Qualification Period. Your new Qualification Period start date is 1st April 2024. You'll be able to see this change in your account after 10th April 2024. That means every year your Qualification Period begins anew, and your Tier Credits will reset to zero on the 1st of April.

Tier Status and Tier Benefits Extension:

The good news is that your current Tier status and any remaining applicable Tier benefits will be protected and extended until 31st March 2025. If your current Tier status already exceeds 31st March 2025, it will be extended to 31st March 2026.

Tier Credits Review:

Additionally, we are reviewing any Tier Credits earned between 1st April 2023 and 31st March 2024. Based on this review any related Tier status upgrade will be applied to your account after 10th April 2024. That means you still have time to earn Tier Credits and unlock more benefits! To learn more about this change, check out our FAQs using the link below.

We look forward to sharing more updates with you in the near future.

Love, AerClub

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

just read the email. i earned 100 tier credits since january. Do i get to keep those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

You don’t in the sense that they will reset in Apr, however if you log online and you add up your TCs since 01 Apr 2023 you will see your total - if that’s enough to climb to the next tier or maintain your tier then so be it.

• What a stupid move, their customer service team in Outer Mongolia are beyond useless and under resourced. Can you imagine the disaster it will be when everyone is on the same renewal date. They will definitely lose loyalty over this come apr 25

Getting to keep my platinum for an extra few months but my loyalty to aer Lingus is shot at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

So my renewal date is November…only two flights pre-April24 first total tier credits will be 250

tier credits since April 23 are 500 to renewal so basically means platinum?

I can see a disaster in the offing here 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I could understand if they would do calendar year but the only reason they are doing 01 April is because of the BA move (which is aligned to the tax year in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

So I last reset in November. If I don't get enough tier points to move up by the end of March I will reset to zero again? I am on target to get enough by November but not by the end of March. So I will lose out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Board Walker

They are going to keep you on your current tier until April 2025

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

... and if your current tier is Green, then congratulations on keeping that to April 2025

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's handy to have platinum for another 4 months but I will have earned around 200 tier points before April 1st which I'll lose. Does that mean I get another free upgrade after April? Not sure I'll be going transatlantic before 1 April, but handy if I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SPC1759

My EI Platinum status ends in early March and my Tier credits will reset to zero. I expect to drop back to Silver.

I have some trips in late March and will earn new credits for those flights - but they’ll promptly be lost on 1 April…

Will the count-back provision mean that the lost credits can still count toward rebuilding my Tier status after 1 April?

I take it to mean that if you would have earned status between 1st April 2023 and 31st March 2024 they’ll honour it. So those flights in march might help. If in those 12 months you’ve not done enough for status, then yes, you’ll go down a tier and lose those march points.

I'm Platinum and my current reset date is 28th November 2024.

I currently have 230 tier points and travel booked in March with a value of approx. 240 tier points and was planning travel with Aer Lingus to hit Concierge before Nov 2024.

Are AL planning to wipe that out back to 0 on April 1?!

Edit: I read the email again and that seems to be it. Very unfair to change the rules of the game mid way through the game.

Post edited by Rowley Birkin QC on

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭x567

My Concierge re-set was 28th Feb. I have quite a lot of travel planned in the next few weeks (am currently on the EI 111) but not much thereafter. What will happen to the points accrued in March - are they effectively lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just did a calc and looks like I'm about 91 point short of concierge if I calculate from April 1st 2023. As it happens I may need to go to Manchester this month -- does that trip award full tier credits like any European flight?

Maybe I'm not reading carefully enough, but I don't get it. My renewal is mid/late April and I'm around 150-200 from concierge at the moment. I have enough travel planned between now and then to hit that number. Does this change now mean my cut-off for this year will be 1st April so I cant go beyond platinum?

Coming back to the Amsterdam lounge update someone shared last week, I visited the refreshed one this week. There's a lift up to it (3rd floor) just around the corner to the right from where the alternative Cafe Frames is. Food selection is pretty much identical to what was in Frames (pity as was hoping for more options) and instead of bar service it's self service drinks. There's a good bit more seating room and nice to have toilets inside it. Great view out over the runways too! As before, just remember allow a bit of a hike to the gates for Dublin.

• Advertisement

That's my reading of it too. Very shoddy treatment from Aer Lingus.

Also not clear if they grant new upgrade coupons etc. per tier status on 1st April.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It sounds like they will factor in any tier credits you earned from April 1st last year, so if you travelled in early April 2023, you would have additional credits above what your status currently shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I am currently Concierge, with an annual reset date of mid-September.

So what precisely does this change mean? I guess my existing concierge status is extended from Sept 2024 to April 2025. Doest his mean the upgrade vouchers are equally extended to April 2025? How about the TCs I've earned since September 2024 (currently on 455)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

I think the more interesting thing is if this move is to align with BA is another indication of OW membership in second quarter of 2025. If so absolutely worth the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

It doesn't need to be pain though.

They seem to view Aer Club as a necessary evil, not a customer retention tool.

I am starting to wonder why I bother given how I am sometimes treated.

If they gave a crap then they’d do it in our favour by giving us a year from 1st April + whatever we’ve already started and not wipe it out. But they dont give a crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I remember a headline describing the late Gold Circle as "Ireland's most loved loyalty scheme". Loved only because there's no competition for it.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭MarkN

I have 8 Aer Lingus flights logged between April-June 2023 prior to signing up for Aer Club. I can see a record of said flights in the Aer Lingus app (but not Aer Club). Is there any way of them being included to get points?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Anything pre sign-up can't be added.

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually spoken to Aer Lingus / AerClub about this to get clarity?

Advertisement