Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Israel-Gaza: 'We are at war', says Benjamin Netanyahu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Workhorse2024

I agree, I think the only thing slowing there pace is they have to maintain the good guy image and can't be seen to be outright commiting genocide. As to maintain funding and support from the US and west.

The intent to genocide is there tho as is the complete disregard for Palestinian lives. They are just being clever and slowly killing and getting rid of all structures of support, don't have to shoot 1.5 million if they perish to lack of food water and shelter. And then they can side step blame, "oh but Hamas" perfect excuse to murder civilians.

They know exactly what they are doing and the people that defend it are worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

I totally agree with your statements, if hamas had just targeted soldiers and military bases that day, as a revenge attack, they would of had some hope of taking the moral higher ground, and isreal wouldn't of been able to go on their bombing campaign so indiscriminately, but they went into Islamic jihaid mode, and isreal have their American version of 9/11 to level the place and depopulate it.....

It's a dangerous game their playing though long-term with the state American politics is in and if Trump gets back in, he could on a whim slash military support and given the state of isreals own economy they would be in bother within a couple of months to finance their operations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Is Israel that hard to spell?

Hamas has vowed to repeat what they did on October 7th until all Israel is under their control. Dream on about Trump doing anything anti-Israel, the GOP are full on military/industrial complex in the US who are profiting enormously now.

This war started on October 7th. Conflict in the middle east has gone on for millennia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So how do you think the Palestinians should have behaved towards Israel when they are having their lands stolen right, left and centre in the West Bank and are being treated so badly by the IDF in both the WB and Gaza, the worlds largest prison? Should they just sit down and take it as they have done for years while Israel continually breaks UN sanctions and treats them like dirt?

Howzabout the Palestinians make an offer for a 2 state solution that they'll adhere to, for starters.

And, are you in agreement this war started on 7 October?

• Advertisement

It escalated on Oct 7th but has been going on in one form or another since 1948. Netanyahu never wanted a 2 state solution. Again what should the Palestinians have done all along to get fair play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Watching the ambassador on the news reminds me of comical Ali. Only more ruthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Palestine was fine with the 1967 borders.

Israel also behaved quite nefariously when various peace talks and two state solutions were tabled e.g. 2002 / 2007 / 2013& 2014.

The "this war started on 7th October" statements are beyond ridiculous given the dearth of historical documentary evidence readily available should you wish to embrace reality.

Conflict in the middle east has gone on for millennia.

This really doesn't support any argument you are making. The Middle East is a big place; for clarity, we are discussing the Israel-Palestinian conflict.

Then why attack in 1973 if fine with the 1973 borders?

And, remember, no Palestine country has ever existed; most of the attacking was done by Israel's sovereign neighbours since 1948. Palestinians are just tools for (these days) the likes of Iran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Well you can't just compare numbers like that. While the number of civilian dead in Iraq since the US led invasion is given around 200k (some estimates put it in a range up to 300k), the population of Iraq is 40m i.e. 20X the population of Gaza (It was 25m at the start of the war). And those are cumulative casualties over more than 20 years..........according to military logs leaked to Wikileaks back in the day, there were about 66k civilian deaths in the first 6 years of the war. The IDF are on course to exceed that number in well under a year against a population less than one-tenth.

And in a scenario where the US was (at least initially) fighting against an actual army with access to heavy weaponry (even if they buried their jet fighters rather than use them so that the US could not destroy them!). Later on fighting insurgents and various organised groups. And there would have been many civilian casualties from fighting between those groups and the Iraqi government which was established. So you effectively have a civil war component there too.

What's happening in Gaza is not a war - it is target practice for the IDF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

You misread my post, Intentionally I suspect. I never mentioned 1973. The 1967 borders were largely accepted by all sides but Israel refused this then led to the war of 1973......but that wasn't by the Palestinian people as you already know.

And, remember, no Palestine country has ever existed;

More whattaboutery. The current situation and inhumane actions against the Palestinian people is what is being discussed.

most of the attacking was done by Israel's sovereign neighbours since 1948.

Again, more irrelevance; The current situation and inhumane actions against the Palestinian people is what is being discussed.

Palestinians are just tools for (these days) the likes of Iran.

Yeah agreed.....which is precisely why the Israeli government and military committing atrocities against entirely innocent Palestinians is irrefutably wrong and unjustifiable. To make this point and still support Israeli actions is stupidity and/or wilful ignorance.

CHILD DEATHS IN WARS =

Ukraine -- 520 in 2 years.

Iraq -- 3,100 in 14 years.

Yemen -- 3,700 in 7 years

Stria -- 12,000 in 11 years

Palestine -- 12,000 in 3 MONTHS

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NoMoreDonegalTuesdays

If that's your defence for murder then its a Guilty verdict straight away. 'Antisemitic' thrown out all the time when there's really no excuse.

Were these children antisemitic too?

https://twitter.com/hzomlot/status/1757862505731199220?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweet

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NoMoreDonegalTuesdays

Israel's new online propaganda line is that "Israel is only doing what Assad did any nobody cared about that".

You'd wonder do these people spend all their time in the shower due to internal shame, or do they feel any shame at all.

Israel is worse than ISIS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭deirdremf

And so many people tell us that "Syria/whoever did worse and nobody complained about it at all at all" while the rest of us remember lively threads discussing each and every war in the middle east and elsewhere.

But apparently its "antisemitic" to discuss any war Israel is involved in unless you firmly support each and every action of Israel's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Still no surrender from Hamas/Palestine?

No country called Israel ever existed before 1948. It was known in Europe as Palestine before that, and Canaan if you go back far enough.

I find it interesting that a large area of northern Israel has been emptied of its civilian population, an area that is considerably larger than the Gaza strip.

I also find it interesting that a huge number of Israelis have fled the country since the attack on Gaza started, I've seen figures of 500,000 and 1.5 million bandied about, but as always with numbers Israel is very coy about admitting the truth regarding emigration.

I've seen reports of tens of thousands of Israeli soldiers being treated in hospital as a result of injuries received in Gaza, again the numbers are hard to find and even more difficult to verify but things are not going as well as we are being led to believe.

So if Hamas hasn't surrendered yet - despite the horrific Israeli onslaught - it is probably because things are not going so good for the Zionists, bar their bombing. That is really the only effective weapon they have, because they are unable to win a war on the ground.

They're still murdering women and children mainly. They reckon they have killed 9K Hamas operatives but this is obviously a stretch and an attempt to downplay the numbers of innocents. They reckoned that Hamas had 40K operatives so there are still over 30K alive and fighting. Hamas are no mugs either as they deploy hit and run tactics and a ground war in the cities suits them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fGctswAWWc

• Advertisement

In my opinion, this is significant:

The Chinese lawyer, speaking to the ICJ, states here that Palestinians have the right to resist occupation, including by the use of arms, and that this is legal from the point of view of international law; and more generally he blasts the Israelis - the full version of his contribution is also available on the web.

Israel is tearing itself apart.

https://twitter.com/EladNehorai/status/1761824601158648075?s=20

On a slightly lighter note, a demonstration of the Ashkenazi debating style:

* I asked a Jew to explain the Ashkenazi discussion style. He said: “**** you for framing this in terms of us Jews. Like Hitler. Who do you work for, and do they know they have a Jew-hater working for them? Also, again, **** you.”

Darker really, although the first time I read it I did laugh a little - but this style will be familiar to anyone who has questioned any of Israel's actions on an internet forum.

The IDF at its finest yesterday , machine gunned starved civilians. Hardly a word about it around the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Their probably on the ladder of genocidal psychotic b***ts passing out Russias actions in Ukraine at this stage, its interesting though their economy is tanking and apparently record levels of isrealis are getting out of the country and emigrating, in years/decades down the line when the wheel eventually turns and isreal finds itself on the receiving end they'll find it difficult to have a pity party for themselves after this on the world stage

It’s like they’re the spoilt child of the world, whatever they do or trouble they get into America has their back.

The trouble they get into?? Give me a break!

How about being attacked by surrounding countries on numerous occasions since 1947.

And having to put up with Palestinian terrorists acting the maggot for decades. I’m old enough to remember the Munich Olympics and airplane highjackings in the 1970s.

If Hamas/Palestine surrendered tomorrow and gave back the hostages it would save Palestinian lives. Why don’t they do this? The answer is - “because they’re c***ts!”

Maybe if they began treating their neighbours with a bit of respect things might change. The path they're taking now will only create even more enemies for them. They are the pariah state in the region and have lost international support through their genocidal and apartheid behaviour. As another poster has said already they will have nobody's pity from now on and will deserve anything that happens to them. Hamas are a murderous and terrorist outfit but Israel and their IDF have surpassed even the Hamas brutality. All they can do now is shout 'antisemitic' at everyone but that wont work anymore. They are finished on the world stage. Even the US is beginning to see through them and will soon walk away.

Why do you think the US had to rush two carrier groups to the region back in October. Who saved Israel when they got caught with their pants down when Egypt took back the Sinai. Could they survive today without the US.

Dream on if you think the US will walk away from Israel - and the world stage is not the likes of our disgraceful President, Michael D, Boyd Barrett or Wallace.

• Advertisement

If Biden wins the election they will. He doesn't like what the Israelis are doing and was even heard saying what he thought of Netanyahu and the Israeli actions. There is even talk that the Yanks are cosying up to the Iranians. I hope that's true because that will make the Israelis squirm.

Advertisement