Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Why?

It's great to have some influence of SA coaching for a different POV but no need to turn Leinster into a SA club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I'm eager to get a gawk at Munster new lh prop tomorrow.. I bet Milne won't get a wink of sleep tonight. What a tough year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Picking Harry Byrne at 12 is a win-win in Cullen's eyes, it looks to me. It allows him to keep more of his outhalves happy, and also stalls the development of genuine 12s (Osborne, Brownlee), thereby strengthening his case for yet another signing in the position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster's RG Snyman is having a hilarious game. Bullying Zebre forwards, carrying one handed into contact and offloading in the same motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Was there a particular reason Snyman isn't coming til next season, in comparison to players like Farrell joining their new clubs immediately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Snyman still has a contract with Munster, they would have to agree to let him go and Leinster would have to agree to take him

Are you refering to Owen Farrell, he is still with Sarries is he not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Harper Whispering Police

Farrell isn't joining immediately, he's going in the summer. Finishing the session with Saracens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

My mistake, thought he had left already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

A day off and I ended up watching all 4 senior cup matches. 4 good teams left but, I think Blackrock might have too much strenght in depth!

Several really good prospects!!! The entire Rock backline and Angulo and the tight head.

St Mary's have Moynihan and Leane. Leane looks a super prospect.

Zaga have couple, I've forgotten the names.

And there's a lad, Gabriel, can't remember what team.

Killeen and Finn from Roscrea also.

Great matches. We'll coached teams.

Good try.

Fast line speed in defence for a few phases to push Cardiff back. Then an even faster rush to block the kick and run 60 metres for the try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Right through the middle again & looking like scoring 2nd try.

Great finish from Deegan.

Leinster been very impressive the last 5 minutes. Charge down try followed by a 60m break from our own 22 after the restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭durthacht

Line breaks from Thomas Clarkson and Ross Byrne so far - not often we see that from either!

Playing some good stuff, but don't have the points on the board to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Boyle off injured, not great. Cardiff score.

Leinster lost their way after a good start. Need to get back into this or they will lose this one.

Larmour got what he deserved there. Awful kick to Cardiff and a terrible kick chase allowed Cardiff through.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

Absolutely brutal from Larmour, terrible kick and has to give away the yellow card to save a certain try.

Leinster on the racks here, need half time asap. Shocking performance

Carré looked like he knocked that on.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,704 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jaysus we're poor

Need a big second half. Fixtures in the league are getting tougher and we've a South African tour coming up. Standard of play across the board has gone up so we're not cantering to a game playoff like years past.

• Advertisement

Excellent kick from Harry.

Did well to intercept that first pass after being brushed aside in the tackle.

Try scored and conversion taken. But they're calling it back for a TMO check.

That's a farce.

Cardiff illegally stopped the ball on the line and Leinster were awarded a penalty for it.

So why no penalty try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I'm confused. T Beirne does something illegal in irl vs wal, stops a try and it is penalty try yellow card. Cardiff 7 does something illegal, stops a try but just penalty. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

The amount of rucks McGrath is having to get involved in is a bit mad.

Cardiff are making it difficult but it’s very disjointed from Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm pretty sure there are at least two violations of the TMO protocols in that make-it-up-as-you-****-like there between Adamson and his TMO.

This stuff is shameful. Either the laws no longer serve the game, or the guardians of those laws simply don't give a shite.

In the end that worked out well for Leinster. Got the try anyway and it was in a much better position for the conversion.

Plus it wasted a few more minutes in the sinbin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Which violations? I didn't see the ball held up, it probably was on balance of probably, but one is tmo getting involved with no cause. Not sure of second

The Byrne 10/12 pivot ain't working. Ross plays better off a strong, dynamic 12 and Harry isn't that.

We aren't punching holes in the defence which causes us to kick away too much possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Despite the Bad scrum, Bad kick and Bad organisation just before they clicked there.…..Conners and Turner have played well tonight.

Advertisement