Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISI Fighter Shamima Begum Not allowed to return to the UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Slightly Kwackers

You still don't read things properly do you?

If I never carried an AK47, I'm unlikely to have tested one don't you think?

Your responses are very indicative of a typical internet researcher these days, doing a selective examination of the information available, choosing only the bits of data that agree with or reinforce your supporting your standpoint.

The whole purpose in pointing out what I was allowed to do with regard to weaponry was to render your logic and the reason you provided as an accusation of terrorism as false. The detail is irrelevant, Like Begum I was allowed to carry weapons, I am not a terrorist, yet according to you, using your own logic, I am.

I have no feelings one way or another for Begum, in fact I would never associate with someone so stupid and easily led, but I do care for human rights and can easily recognise what is simply right and what is wrong.

As a matter of interest, where did you get the ISIS work instruction from? What ranks are allowed weapons, who has the authority to allow the carrying, in fact how does the ISIS military structure work?

Frankly some of the terrorists that have hit the media for UK crimes have been a few sandwiches short of a picnic, I suppose recruitment isn't easy, but if they provide people with an IQ even lower than a Brexit voter with weaponry, I would guess that anyone would qualify for one. Let's face it if you were in the business of procreating for the greater well being of mankind, wouldn't you want to arm your sprogdropper if she or the sprog might be at risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭mikethecop

your lack of credibility as a good faith poster negates further interaction

with people like you on her side she hasnt a hope thank f

No, your inability to come up with any form of meaningful argument to support your numerous statements negates any sensible interaction.

You still don't understand do you?

I am not on "her" side.

I am on the side of what is fair, what is just and how I consider fellow human beings should be treated. Were I to side with any individual on the planet, the lady would be one of the last I would support for anything unless maybe as a nomination for the merits of sterilisation if someone with an AK47 and a penchant for religious extremism is what floats their boat.

The reason you state that I am on her side is purely and simply it is what you want to believe, nothing more.

I have pointed out the problem with your approach. It's not uncommon.

You have no idea where I'm coming from and I honestly don't think you ever will work it out.

I did try :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

not a classic case of what you claim at all, or even an ordinary case of what you claim at all.

i wouldn't be sure that the rags will be here after we're gone, their readership is declining thankfully and the online stuff is only read for the celebrity crap.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

"I was allowed to carry an AK47"

"I have never carried an AK. I was allowed to carry other weapons"

I rapidly changing story does never reflect well Mr Mitty.

The whole purpose in pointing out what I was allowed to do with regard to weaponry was to render your logic and the reason you provided as an accusation of terrorism as false. The detail is irrelevant, Like Begum I was allowed to carry weapons, I am not a terrorist, yet according to you, using your own logic, I am.

The train of logic here is stunningly incompetent. The detail is far from irrelevant.

I don't believe your story is true, but say it were. It would require a legal authorisation to possess firearms.

Somebody issued a firearms license is legally permitted to carry firearms, appropriate to the reason for being license. I would have no issue purchasing a long, range, high power, bolt action rifle. There are legal, and justifiable civilian reasons to carry such.

A terrorist organisation is not capable or granting legal authorisation. I'm baffled I have to point that out. Somebody, part of a terrorist organisation has no legal reason to posses a automatic assault weapon. Anyone carrying one as part of that organisation is a terrorist, and should be treated as such.

If you want to give ISIS credibility and a authoritative state that can issue firearms license. That's fine. But it cripples any complaint against the UKs actions. They would then be free to rescind her citizenship.

• Advertisement

it doesn't as she remains british regardless even if isis did become a state which thankfully it didn't.

i guess your opinion is more relevant than some one who actually can effect the thing your arguing about 😉

ffs

its like trying to explain to a toddler that its bed time

Well to make a person stateless is a pretty serious breach of their human rights I would have thought if it cuts the woman off from family.

Apart from which the stripping of her citizenship was a political decision, it probably will not hold up under Labour and would certainly be on shaky ground if the detention camp disintegrates as predicted.

it may seem simple but the next hearing is today.

I actually think peoples opinions are relevant. The court procedures were not fair and the government should have taken its own failings into account.

The gutter press does not do detail though, so the hard of thinking are happy to condemn the woman using tabloid pictures.

Nice of them to try to explain though....................... :-)

I didn’t say ISIS is a state. I’m saying holding them up as a state with authoritative powers undermines the arguement that removing her British citizen would make her stateless.

Om not sure which part of that you are misunderstanding.

I literally explained why that’s nonsense. It’s really simple.

I was allowed carry an AK47

No you weren’t. Even if you story is true (doubtful) you were not allow carry an AK. Because…

my possession would be restricted to that connected to my job function.

nothing about a hypothetical job at the MoD involves the use of AK47s. If you actually did the job you’d know that.

Begum was denounced as a terrorist because she was allowed carry an AK47.

I was allowed carry an AK47

Now faced with that simple statement I should be a terrorist, there was no supporting proviso, thus anyone allowed carry an AK47 must be a terrorist.

The total lack of logic going into that last statement is hilarious.

You were “allowed” weapons by a government department*.

She was allowed weapons by a terrorist organisation.

The terrorist organisation is a critical factor you are not grasping.

*you weren’t

• Advertisement

I understand exactly what you’re saying. It’s complicated, it’s just incorrect.

Models of car aren’t controlled. Any license, and you can drive any car you like.

Firearms are controlled. A firearms license or authorisation does not allow you to handle any firearm you like.

The UK’s MoD, does not use AK47s. I’m not sure how you’re not getting that. Thus permission to handle MoD weapons would not mean you had permission to handle AK47s, or anything you could find.

If you weren’t lying. You’d have known that. Pretty obvious stuff.

Not to mention somebody who has never used a firearm, and had no practical training, etc. Would not be allowed to pick up military weapons and have a pop.

your just a troll at this point kid and require no more attention from any but the mods

unless your the home secretary of the UK or a member of the courts your opinion in this matter wont change it one bit , that and you obvious lies about your firearms expertise ( you misnamed the most common firearm in the world 😀)

it doesn't need to change britains breach of international law.

whoever is holding this british citizen will change it for them.

Syria ? One of the biggest victims of isis ,

fine let her die in the desert as i ve said before along with rest

Whether you believe me or not is totally irrelevant.

I don't even know the names of most of the weapons I handled. I modified a Mauser 30mm, I tested its firing rate and velocity using an Opus electromagnetic detection setup using a base length of four and six meters. That was on a firing range next to a train track with chain link fencing that was not grounded and thus retransmitted the noise from the trains contact arcing during the tests which screwed both velocity and rate of fire data. I sorted that with a storage oscilloscope, a Nicolet using a bubble memory cartridge back in the lab. I tested an Aden and an MG50. I partook in jollies where we had quite an audience to watch Some device loaned to Israel perform. Loads of barrels, I took photos of the installation, but don't even recall the name. I rarely saw it fire, I watched the audience instead. They traveled miles to watch it perform but the most entertaining thing was watching them I found. There was a lot of smoke though which was a bit more than the other guns they came to watch produced.

I hated the products I dealt with and doubt that I would have remained in the job when the Iraq war started.

My opinion of Begums status will not matter in the slightest. I have no intention of contacting my UK MP about her and just think is a shame that her human rights are being trampled on.

No one's opinion on this forum will change her status, do you not appreciate that?

This is pretty obvious I would have thought, why do you think you need to explain?

Not at all. Being allowed to do something will not stand up in a court of law as incriminating evidence.

Slap the word terrorist into a paragraph or two and it gets attention, it's a standard gutter press reporters trick. Why do you think Corbyn is described as "a friend of terrorists"?

lol every thing is irrelevant to you but the truth , and i dont think anyone believes your fairytales

You still don't get it do you.

The truth is of prime importance. The poor eejits across the way brought Brexit on themselves through lies, peddled by the very paper that you place so much stock in.

Even if what I spout is total fiction, it does not detract from the facts of the case and what is right and wrong.

I don't lie and indeed don't need to, it comes with the ethos of being a professional. I have met extremely few that I would have the level of respect for in order to compromise my morals for and lie to.

It was a Vulcan incidentally, the device the IQ zero's came from all over Britain to watch me test. Guns seem to attract a certain type, I guess you have quite a collection?

No, you still don't get it. It's nothing to do with guns or cars, it's simple logic.

Being allowed to do something is not a crime.

Being allowed to do something for Telegraph readers is guilt.

Being allowed dresses up a story to make it more exciting for the hack.

No wonder being a British post office manager warranted a jail term for so many :-(

for a fella who seems to have a big problem with the truth i ll take that with a pinch of salt 😉

no one but you gets "it" , that would be a clue to most people

sprouting total fiction does indeed detract from you argument ,

also isn't a vulcan a 20 mm auto cannon ? not 30mm lol .

google harder walter , google harder 😄

• Advertisement

The Mauser was 30mm

Why should I lie to you?

The vulcan had a lot of Barrels, it kept the punters happy. I had little interest in it, I was just one of the team for those trials. It would keep the number crunchers happy I suppose, but getting sensible data via instrumentation or even high speed camera techniques would be impractical.

I assume they were used on shipping or land based mounts. Somehow finding that One had a bit of wear in the barrels in an aircraft could be bad for the nerves.

For someone that is taken by the Telegraph, you seem remarkably keen on truth.

At what point did I ever mention the projjie size on the Vulcan? I could hardly recollect the name of the thing, in fact even the more interesting weapons, those that provided the most entertainment, I would have forgotten the make as soon as my work was completed. I have no idea what the make of the standard issue squaddie rifle thing was either. It was very plasticky. I recall handling them but not the reason for needing to.

The most interesting problem I had apart from the Mauser was with a 0.22 rimfire, a veritable toy, I'm clueless as to what make that was too. It was a rifle.

If you are one of those turned on by guns you may think details are important, they are not. Guns are tubes designed to guide nasty little projjies into blood vessels and bone destroying human bodies.

Do you need to read the Telegraph or anything else? You seem to find it perfectly acceptable to make your own little stories up.

So presumably the lack of evidence permitted for Begums "hearing" was a bit of a bonus, you and the Telegraph prefer your own?

ha ha caught out again with the bs most people would stop digging . when your caught bluffing about one thing your credibility on others is effected

did you see the link to the times ? with the same info

The criminal offence is being an armed terrorist. Being armed illegally is the offence.

I’ve no idea why you have fixated on “allowed”, nor why you think that somehow mitigates guilt.

Nobody said being allowed to in isolation was a crime. The crime is the act of doing it.

The “allowed” is also evidence of her standing within ISIS, which is an offence. I can’t believe I had to explain after all these posts. Whoosh

I think the details are not relevant too. Which is interesting, because when people starting added irrelevant details to their posts. It’s usually an appeal to authority.

And when they get those details wrong. (Such as mistakenly thinking the UK handles AKs).

It’s pretty clear they were making it up. 🤥

The most interesting problem I had apart from the Mauser was with a 0.22 rimfire, 

The MoD were testing .22 rimfire along with the cannons? In case the UK was invaded by parachuting bunnies I guess

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Back on topic please

We tested everything.

We even tested an air rifle for the police force who obviously deemed it necessary to define the characteristics of a weapon that I somehow doubt was police issue.

The mere point of mentioning my job was that it had similarities with the Telegraph reported rubbish inasmuch as myself along with many more colleagues being allowed to carry weapons including an AK47 if one was held.

There is life outside the confines of your experience and what the Telegraph tells you. In fact I notice today it's reported that the rubbish has done an about turn on Brexit. Orwells Ministry of Truth could not do better.

As I worked in an MOD NAMAS accredited lab on a site dedicated to proof & experimentation of weaponry, then anything requiring testing back to NPL standards came to us. The calibration gear was all sub standard or traceable.

If you apply a small degree of thought you would realise that when equipping a defence force, you need to define precisely what you are up against in given situations. You trade off the parameters used to slaughter people against weight or length I suppose. Working out what an enemies weapon is capable of in all conditions of temperature and humidity from desert to arctic is not something you can send a squaddie off to investigate, strangely enough those that test them for home use don't like sharing the information either.

Frankly I have not the slightest interest in the garbage, but guns keep a lot of weak individuals very happy indeed.

Stick to the Telegraph if you find it more believable. It's other little gem being reported this morning is Sunak an unelected British PM who was originally second choice to the worst MP in British history, is complaining that Britains democracy is under threat.

I don't read the garbage, but I do get the shortened form of what the UK gutter press pushes.

Stick to your fairy stories if you wish, but eventually human rights get to win out in the UK for most. It does cost the taxpayer rather a lot, but what else have they to spend the money on?

when at any stage did I mention be telegraph? More lies. I’m simply pointing your Walter Mitty tales are nonsense.

You’ve never carried or had permission to carry an AK47. That is a fact. You didn’t test an AK47 for the MOD. As you subsequently admitted.

And the really relevant part. Anyone with permission to test firearms for the government/military, does so legally. That’s has no parallel with carrying assault rifles as part of a terrorist group. It in no way justify an armed terrorist, and suggest it is somehow mitigating is, the height of idiocy.

Being armed as part of ISIS is absolutely illegal. Trying to excuse it is pretty pathetic.

I don't read the garbage in the Telegraph”

“This is being reported on the Telegraph this morning”

Hmmm, sounds like you read the Telegraph this morning.

You see you don't really care for facts do you?

We arrived at this point due to the wording of the Telegraph report, if you are looking at derivatives of the reasons the wording is irrelevant, then you fail to grasp the situation totally.

The original report was quoted as being allowed to carry an AK47, if the report changed that to the act of carrying one then it puts a totally different meaning on what the reporter was communicating, although again in itself it means nothing to those that think through what's in the papers, because carrying one may not be indicative of any kind of crime. That's basically why in the UK they have courts to test the evidence, even your Telegraph isn't deemed the final authority.

I don't read the rubbish, I explained that. "This being reported" has a considerable difference to "I read".

Language is a tool, anyone can pick a tool up and make a total hash of things. English is no different as you seem to point out very enthusiastically.

Believe what you wish, It's entirely up to you, but I have every confidence that like the Windrush victims things will at some point be reversed, the facts certainly suggest that will be the case, the facts that don't seen to bother those that find don't suit their sense of "justice".

It has nothing to do with the wording in the Telegraph. She is judged on her crimes, not the words in a paper.

Whether the reporter said allowed to carry or carry has no bearing on her crime. Your entire argument is based on semantics of the phrase used, while turning a blind eye to her actions. Laughable.

But continue to present your alternate reality where there may not have been crime and Shamima works for the MoD

• Advertisement

If you followed the thread you would know full well what I was referring to.

You entered into this I assume because of the Telegraph report, if not why respond to my interpretation?

She was not judged on her crimes at all, she was not judged in a criminal court.

If you want to involve yourself in a discussion, would you not think it's a good idea to know something about it or at least try to follow the pertinent points?

I still fail to comprehend how someone can be stripped of her citizenship, when if she turned up on the south coast in a boat, she could claim asylum as many Syrians have done so far.

I guess you don't know the answer either?

Advertisement