Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I went for a run almost two hours ago and am still sitting here, slowly freezing to death in my sweaty gear while I infinity-scroll Buzzfeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,910 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The village is dug up and closed off for Broadband upgrades. Meanwhile wifi is off and mobile coverage is hit and miss depending which way the wind is blowing .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I’m now thinking of that episode of Red Dwarf where Rimmer accidentally brushes his teeth with contraceptive jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

An endless death spiral of never ending meetings. I think I'm approaching burnout from them. I'm very close to snapping in every single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭maik3n

I work in an office with approx 20 staff.

There is a communal kitchen/canteen with a dishwasher.

However, as is often the case, there is sometimes only a handful of cups/dishes/cutlery etc that are used, so the marigolds and the old basin of hot water appears.

All but one staff member chips in communally and washes up things that may have been missed during the day. (eg, a colleague had to shoot off to a meeting and left their mug, plate from lunch)

On numerous occasions, said staff member physically removes the mug/plate from the basin, washes their things and just leaves the mug/plate to the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Don’t mind a snow day every now and then but I had plans that are now consigned to the bin, completely treacherous outside, mix of snow, ice and slush halfway up to my shins…..not worth it. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's maybe my own fault for eating my lunch at my desk but it is not an invitation for people to talk to me while I'm eating. Especially if they can clearly see that I'm reading a book. Let it be known that at all times, my book is more interesting than any inane sh1te you want to talk to me about.

Also I'm at 98% in my book. But lunch ended before I could get to the end. And I couldn't even dip into post lunch coz the previously mentioned chatterbox beside me is the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Since last night my fingerprint won't unlock my phone and today two different automatic doors wouldn't open for me. Im worried i might be a replicant.

Also, people who drive around with about 50kg of snow on their car and a little face sized hole scraped in the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I would always put headphones in when reading on a break. Wouldn’t even have anything playing, it’s like putting up an invisible barrier.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Trying to figure out why lads wear shorts in baltic weather like today. Passed 3 lads dressed like this on the way home, big jackets above the waist and shorts/runners with short socks below the waist.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That this weather, despite not being a farmer for well over twenty years, means I get little "cracks" near my fingertips beside the nail, painful and hard to heal..

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

feckin gobdaws and yummy mammys in their fancy new four wheel drive yokes(of which there seems to be mega shyt tons around where i live) that dont know how to drive them in a bit of snow,my car is rear wheel drive and i made it up the hills without too much bother...heres a wee tip...read the feckin manual and figure out what all the wee buttons down beside the shifter do...bunch a fcukwits...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Single use salt grinders! wtf! Why do we need to throw away a big chunk of plastic every time the salt grinder is empty? Ridiculously its often cheaper to buy a new one than to have a proper grinder and get refills.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

LOL I had a not that yummy mammy stuck once on the grass slope at the end of our drive. She was driving a Nissan Patrol with 4 wheel drive and a high/low gear box. The silly moo had missed the 15meter wide bell mouth of our drive when trying to turn in it and gone up over the grass and down a bit of a slope. Anyway she asked me if I could help her out - two toddlers strapped in the back. I got in and took great pleasure in pointing to controls that engaged 4 wheel drive and the slow gear range. She didn't have a clue what I was on about. 4 WD and bottom gear with no gas and the Chelsea Tractor was up the slope with not a sign of a wheel spin. Please anyone driving a 4WD at least know how to engage it!

In the same vein it really bugs me when the Chelsea Tractors stop outside the local school and then drive the massive distance of 400 meters to the nearest estate. ffs they are driving a shorter distance than from one end of the school grounds to the other.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Meet your sister. And I had to use hand sanitiser more than usual, today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Every single ad on TV or radio with a male and female couple involves a dunderhead bloke with a smart alec sniggering missus.

TA is I woke up this afternoon , and had two missed calls from my Internet provider. It will be Monday before I get restored. 21st century problems

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same, neverending cycle of sanitise, wash, moisturise, stingy bastards all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That one idiot in the airport security line that is seemingly oblivious to all the signs and messaging that says to remove all coats/hoodies and have liquids in a bag in advance and then takes an age to sort out his **** (and gets quite thick at the security officer only doing her job).

One of those lads that you'd identify a mile out was going to be a clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

When you brush your teeth and then realise you haven't finished your tea. You then gulp it down anyway and it tastes weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

there should be a special line in airports eejits like that...had one of them a couple of weeks ago in the airport,felt like shouting at him to stand out of the way until he had his shyte together!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I see Maria Steen has crawled back out from whatever rock she's been hiding under since the 8th referendum to call for a No-No vote next week.

Wretched, wretched woman.

I still don't know how to use a QR code for TV programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Neighbours are quiet except..

Everytime they close the front door BANG!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Co-pilot with gpt never misses a chance to be wrong and then uses a faux apology when I tell it its wrong.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Weekends seem to fly by too fast! I wish we had a three-day weekend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

M&S bakery items.

They’ve flattened the cookies to within an 1/8th of an inch of their lives and shrunk the doughnuts down too.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement