Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

As of today, Hammerstone is going to TNA. Could be a new version of his stable maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought that was a really good read, buzzing even more for Revolution and the Stingers last match now.

Long live Darby, Sting and AEW I say!

Great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Obviously can't see it happening but I will absolutely love it if the Bucks beat Sting and Darby at Revolution!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could have Darby come out on dynamite, bucks attack Darby take him out indefinitely since isn't he doing some climb or extreme sports training. Bucks think because they're evps but Tony sends a message saying there will a tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,075 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone old enough to remember, I was thinking maybe they could do with Toni Storm what they did with John Major in Spitting Image. Just have her wearing grey makeup and all to make it look like she's in black & white while having matches. Though it would come off during the match which wouldn't help.

Some card for tomorrow night

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Very curious if they pull the trigger on Swerve now. Kind of feel if they don’t now, his reign wil, be super short, cause inevitably Osprey seems a lock for the Wembley show.

Yea I think if they dont have Swerve win now it will be a missed opportunity, gives him 5-6 month reign to drop the title to Osprey at Wembley. Also if they drag it out longer you run the chance of him loosing momentum, as much as I enjoy Joe as champ he doesn't need a super long reign imo.

• Advertisement

I wonder will WWE give AEW some footage of Sting from WCW and his time at WWE for a video package.

AEW gave them footage for the Cody doc last year.

Shida got married a few days ago to a Japanese baseball player who just signed a $700m 10 year contract with the LA Dodgers.

Since the World Championship match isn't main eventing the show should it open the PPV and give Swerve his moment at the start of the night.

That gives Sting his moment at the close of the show.

So they changed the Meat Madness match into an 8 man scramble match due to injuries but it still includes all 3 Meat Madness competitors? Strange. They could've found a better way to make the change without having to state someone was injured.

I've been trying to guess who will show up for Sting final match from his past other then Flair.

Lex

Muta

Liger came out of retirement in Mexico at a CMLL show a few days ago

Cactus Jack

Goldberg 

Vampiro

Overall another strong PPV last night, Osprey/Takeshita easily match of the night, not sure how I feel about the triple threat but the story is there the fact Hangman would rather tap out then Swerve win. Enjoying the new heel side of Hangman and definitely needed for him, will they finally have Swerve vs Joe for Dynasty?

Main Event was all kinds of crazy but loved it, plenty of times where I thought the Bucks are gonna do it but delighted for Sting to finish off the way he did.

I was ok with the finish to the World Championship match this was Stings PPV anything else on it was going to be over shadowed by that.

So best to leave a title change to another show and to be honest Joe deserves to hold it a bit longer has he really carrys himself and the compnay as a Champion.

Delighted for Sting and Darby.

Darby just doing Darby things so he will need time off now not just for Everest but to heal up his back that looked grotesque.

If they want Darby can with pride now step down as a Champion for good reasons or retire those belts as he doesn;t want to hold them with anyone else and there can be a tag team Championship tournement to crown new Champions.

A shout out to Stings sons donning the old Sting gimmicks.

Ospreay and Takeshitsa was great and that was to be expected.

Nice to see Kyle O'Reilly back and not just jumping straight back in with the Undisputed.

Ok Darby isn't taking time off just yet he will face Jay White at Big Business was announed at the media scrum.

Tag Championships are being vacated and there will be a tournment to crown new Champions.

Tony said he has huge plans for Atlanta on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,394 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I worry for Darby's body

I got to give credit to Tony and AEW for how they managed Sting since he came in, for his age, he absolutely shone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mariah May was the bulb off Toni.

What's up with Max these days? Has he done a full rap once since messing up a couple weeks ago? Think he messed up the first time, Jay put him off during the week and then last night he just messed up again. I think he's just in his own head about it too much now, expecting to mess up. And he doesn't look to be a fan of Jay either, especially after Jay had a dig at him.

Anyway, good show overall. Will Bryan talk about Eddie on tv? Liked the Road Warriors gear on Mox and Claudio.

Roddy as new champ. Not sure who I wanted to take the title from Orange.

Wardlow to take on Joe at Big Business or Dynasty?

Watching Jericho, I was wondering when he's going to feud with Toni Storm since we know he always seems to jump on whatever's popular. 😀

I think the whole Max rap issue is definately a storyline to slowly build before the Bang Bang Scissor Gang implodes.

Santana has finished up in AEW, always a pity they didnt win the tag titles before their relationship went south.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Reading there that Hangman might have to take a few months off for personal reasons. It is such a pity he has to do it for the second time. The first time when he was a red hot baby face just and on a great build to being world champion and now when he has turned full maniac heel.

Whatever the reason fair play to him for knowing when to ask for time off and dealing with it.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

really enjoyed the main event and the Sting video package

thank you Sting, went out the way he wanted and fully deserved

Suppose that might make sense for the whole play on hangman to get suspended after attacking the refs

• Registered Users Posts: 86,394 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

seems he got some blame for the match continuing after Jeff got hurt. Concussion protocol wasn’t followed, and he shouldn’t have hit any further moves after the injury.

Advertisement