Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options
1116117118119120122»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Only got round to watching S3 myself the last few weeks. I binged the whole 3 seasons, as I had only watched season 1 and while I loved it, the last 10 minutes absolutely ruined it and made all those nostalgic tears that poured out of me pointless. But, I still enjoyed it overall. Not fantastic, but I'm well able to suspend disbelief and overlook gaping plot holes if I'm being entertained, which I was for the most part. Of course, heavily helped by nostalgia.

I never got round to season 2, and I heard everyone say how bad it was. I didn't think it was terrible, but it is definitely the weakest season. I assume budgetary contstraints made them pick a "now" time in order to save money, and it kinda sucked tbh. I wanted Star Trek, not 2024... I enjoyed the performance of the Queen, but that ending... wow. I assume this will never be spoken of again, as if it never happened? Because she could have come in reaaaaaal handy in S3.

As for S3, I loved it completely from a nostalgia point of view. Most scenes with the OG cast were amazing, and it was very easy to let them get back into character, even after 30 years! I enjoyed the overall story too, and I have to say that Jack was fantastic, I look forward to seeing him in more roles going forward. I don't recognise him from anything else, but I loved his performance, OTT bits n all. Done a great job in his role, and I would be happy to see him on the screen again if this Legacy thing gets going. I enjoyed the whole season overall, even with its issues, but nostalgia playing a massive role in it. Did not have the emotional ending I had in S1 though, or maybe I've just hardened my heart to the series now that they did that to me!

Not sure on another Picard movie, dude is seriously pushing on and you could hear it in his voice throughout S3 which you couldn't in S1/2. Dude is 83, and while it's great he still thinks he's up for it, I hate seeing ageing actors try to continue to be young when they can't. Realistically, Star Fleet wouldn't let him pilot a transport vessel, let alone a Starship! But I'd be happy if they left Picard as is, maybe make a cameo in Jacks future show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I have to say that Jack was fantastic, I look forward to seeing him in more roles going forward. I don't recognise him from anything else, but I loved his performance, OTT bits n all. Done a great job in his role, and I would be happy to see him on the screen again if this Legacy thing gets going

Unfortunately, the first thing I've seen the actor in since Picard has been ... ... this.

Ya know, I don't blame him for taking an easy payday, and it did take me a while to figure out he wasn't trying to do an Oirish accent (thankfully). But my god that looks like pure and utter scutter...

His upcoming ones...

Midas Man, biography about the Beatles manager Brian Epstein (no relation) which could be good, a short called Fudge Sundae, and a Thriller called Unholy Night... hope he has some unannounced roles, I really think he could be a fantastic actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bree from Desperate Housewives is looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

"Realistically, Star Fleet wouldn't let him pilot a transport vessel, let alone a Starship! But I'd be happy if they left Picard as is, maybe make a cameo in Jacks future show."

I disagree. I think they would if he was still in Starfleet. In the future being 83 would not be seen as being old. It would be like being in your 30s or 40s now. People probably live to be 150 easy in the 24th Century.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

There was always more sexual tension between 7/9 and Janeway than there was with her male colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Rawr

I never really saw that. I know there’s theory that they might have wanted to go that way with Seven & Janeway, but the impression I always got of their relationship was of an exasperated parent trying to reign in an unruly teenager. Could never really see them jumping each others bones in any degree.

My main complaint with Seven’s love life is nothing to do with sexual orientation and more to do with how badly the writers in both Voyager and Picard set up these relationships for her. The whole Chakotay thing came out of absolutely nowhere in Season 7 with little more than some half-hearted foreshadowing in an earlier episode. Then at the end of Picard S1, she’s suddenly with Raffi in the last few seconds of the season. No setup at all, she’s just with her.

Seven’s character deserves a far better build up for her love life, and frankly far better love interests than Chakotay or Raffi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The chakotay relationship was the worst. Zero chemistry. Seven and doctor had potential but clearly the doctor is out of his league. I didn't like Rafa as a character untill she teamed up in worf…. But yeah I guess Seven and Raffi did kind of come out of nowhere. I suppose if it was a 22 episode season they could have done an episode where they are stranded on a planet together and things get romantic.

Maybe, I think lore (if Google is right) puts rhe average human life expectancy at 120, and in S3 Picard is 96. Still pretty old to be in charge of a trillion dollar exploration Starship with a rough mission time of ~5-10 years. I'm thinking too much into this... would you let Micky D pilot the USS Gerald R Ford!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

... would you let Micky D pilot the USS Gerald R Ford!

Uhhhhh, absolutely 100% that sounds like a great idea.

And because the world is broken and dystopian, here's an AI approximation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement