Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone see a difference to the screen after the latest update 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

No but the update a few weeks ago fixed my screen

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Reflections are far better. The glass gives you better protection but as you said the fingerprint scanner isnt the best. I found that too. This is film.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 SungSamsung

edit: answered above

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Abhi0505

My fingerprint reader doesn't work at all with ESR. Is it the same with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheRona

The fingerprint scanner works well with the official anti-glare protector. I used a couple of glass ones, and my scanner was constantly failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

Hey there - Has anyone got S24 Ul Titanium Grey 512GB in the last two weeks? They got my return on 16th Feb and claim they do not have stock. I could see it was in stock yesterday and only went OOS today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If one were buying one today what’s the best deal or better just go to adverts ? I’d have an iPhone 14 Pro Max to sell / trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Trade in ATM with Samsung is poor at €620 max. So probably best to sell your phone privately and buy via revolut app. You will get 15% off on Samsung Store, If you are not in a hurry i would wait for better offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

I ordered the Galaxy S24+ Marble Grey on the 24th January from the official Samsung website. It was not a pre-order and I still have not received the phone.

I never received tracking information or an update on my order. When I contacted Ireland.samsungsupport@exertis.com, I was told I should expect delivery on the 17th February 2024 (a Saturday, which I knew was incorrect). I have emailed twice since, and no response.

Did anyone else experience such a delay in receiving their order? Such a delay cannot be normal practice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

How do you create free account on curve to get uk account no? Downloaded the app, I can only see option to upgrade plan but when I click on it gives me message 'something went wrong'

Sign up for the free card. Put in a UK address rather than Irish one when signing up to the card. It's this address that makes the account UK or Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

When signing up, I assume country of residence UK, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Ordered S24+ 29th January.

Showed as in stock, then 2 days later changed to "Orders Shipping from 23rd February".

I contacted exertis at the same email address and they advised there was nothing they could do, they were depending on Samsung shipping them the stock. They only had the same information as the website, "Orders Shipping from 23rd February" so expected to be shipping that week.

Then got an email Friday 1st March:

"Dear #####,

Thank you for your recent pre-order purchase of our new Samsung Galaxy S24+ device with Samsung eStore Ireland.

Due to an unforeseen supply delay, we are disappointed to inform you that we have encountered a delay with the delivery of your new device.

We are working with our partners and doing everything to ship your device by 18/03/24. We are doing our best to try and exceed the shipping date and we will keep you informed should your order ship sooner.

We sincerely apologise for this delay, and truly value your business with us. As a way of an apology for this unexpected occurrence, we would like to offer you a €50 gift voucher that you can redeem on your next purchase with Samsung Ireland.

Please be aware that the code can not be used against anything that is already discounted.

Voucher Code: #####

Expiry Date: 10/03/2024

Redeemable against any purchase on Samsung eStore"

Went to use the voucher on the website, only thing I could afford was a Galaxy Tag. Including 6.99 shipping, total cost was about €51.50. So i figured a Tag for €1.50 wasn't bad as compensation for delay.

However, the voucher is only valid against the item cost. It does not cover shipping costs. Still went ahead as a €7 tag isn't a bad offer. Not impressed with the very limited voucher duration / expiry and not covering shipping though.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thanks for the reply.

Was your order a 'pre-order'?

I don't feel the voucher is good enough compensation. It is Samsung eStore's issue that their stock list and website were not aligned.

Very poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

No, the phone was showing as in stock when I submitted the order.

At least this guy got an update and something. I returned 3 phones and they never cared to update status for 2. I had to chase them a few times. After 3 weeks they said ur emails caused confusion. Not just that, no apology nothing. They pick phones and not inform you about receipt, you cannot even ask where are remaining phones. Poor hard working team gets confused.

CEO Desk escalation led to nothing. Escalated to US team and they replied at 9 pm or so, one hour after email to US team. Worse service from any team ever in my life. Least they can do is to iinform f they got phone back and what is solution date.

Same here phone has been in stock many a time..I placed a new order and got one. They cannot issue a replacement though. Someone is missing return and mismanaged it. I have definitely seen s24u and plus in order few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Should be getting word soon on when the watch with the pre order is being sent surely ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Last time I logged into check the status (about a week or two ago) there was a banner across the top saying there was delays in sending out the rewards but they'd be dispatched soon or something along them lines

EDIT: Here's the banner

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mouseycon

My trade in was confirmed today as accepted. I sent it back on 09/02.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

I should have mine by March 14 IF the original timeline was followed, so who knows at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

I finally got the return envelope today for sending back the old phone.

I had to send back the new phone a while ago due to faulty reception issue but still waiting for replacement phone to arrive when it’s back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yeah is this week for myself but no update since claim approved.

As the above poster pointed out theres a banner on the site now about delays

The bag for the broken phone has just arrived through the post box.

It came in a brown envelope - thought it was a bill 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Same here I don't like brown envelopes, I'm not a politician 😗

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

I sent mine on 12/02 so hopefully I should hear something soon so.

Just posted off the broken phone - very smooth operation . Attached the label to the grey bag.

Post office scan the label and give you a receipt with a tracking number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Still waiting on my trade in pack

Advertisement