Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sami Zayn takes on Shinsuke Nakamura

Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods takes on Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci in a Street Fight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm wondering if we get an IC title ladder match, given they set up a load of potential opponents for Gunther. And it let's them take the title off him, without pinning or submitting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rhea Ripley.

I don't get it.

I actually think she's awkward on the mic, and isn't actually that believable. She's built like a tank, and the gimmick has worked, but to me, that is all she is - a gimmick.

I'm well aware I'm likely in the minority, but they're trying very hard to make sure she's a megastar without her really being at that level. Becky is levels of natural charisma over her, for instance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

What is wrong with a Gimmick though?

Lots of the female wrestlers suffer from not having any significant gimmick or personality and there is little reason to be bothered to tune in.

Compare Rhea to Iyo for example. Iyo as champion has seen that title become less relevant that the womens tag team titles.

there is nothing wrong with a gimmick.

but a megastar, which is what they're blatantly pushing her to be, should transcend that a bit. i just don't think she actually has megastar charisma. i have no problem with her as a performer really; i just don't get the crazy hype around her at all.

but as I say, I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, and it's me that is missing something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd take Rhea's promos every day of the week over Bianca's 'nuh-uh girlfriend' routine anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Or Beckys 1990s hard man on the streets of Dublin shtick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I don't know what Bianca is meant to be as a face.

Very interesting in a match, but WWE present give little reason to like her. Bianca reminds me a bit of Finn before the judgement day. I know I am supposed to like them but that is about it.

• Advertisement

I see Rhea has Dom back

I thought Andrade was Santos 🙈

Nia's hair is much better straight

Will Nia and Liv get added to Rhea and Becky's title match? I like Liv just not feeling this revenge tour

A ladder match for the IC title at WM could be good as many contenders

Drew is just so good in this run and I felt what he said to Seth was true plus keeping injured Punk in the audience minds for a future feud

I think we're in the "Gunther has to be pinned definitively to lose" area now though his reign has gone for so long.

I guess if they want to have him technically undefeated for a future WHC challenge it sort of works. And it gets others on the card so there is that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rhea is class, fans love the Mami character too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm full aboard the gable hype train...I like the more serious aspect to his character and the continuation of the prec vow he made when they laster instead of WWE just burying it.

Gable deserves a title run and if it is a ladder match having him and Gunter face to face atop of the ladder at the end would be a great way to end the story between them

• Advertisement

If Gunther drops the title to a glorified tag-team wrestler it'll be a tremendous waste of his run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Heyman just shrugging his shoulders at his security not surrounding the ring as he said to do was funny.

I've said before but I just don't see the big deal about Raquel. She's too bland.

Hopefully Cody's better at hunting the Bloodline than Kaz was at hunting the Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

Drew is about to go on the best run of his life if he keeps this up.

Have him go over Seth and then feud with a returning Punk (Drew's anti-Punk promo was gas!)

What if Priest cashes in his MITB contract for Gunther's IC title

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

I'm of the complete opposite opinion, if he drops the title to a made man, I think that would be a waste of his run. If Gable beats him for it, you've made another top guy, and i believe that's where wwe are going with the gunther booking.

Jay Uso and Cody Rhodes were glorified tag-team wrestlers at one time and look at them now. Chad Gable has the potential to match them IMO. There's nothing he can't do in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Utter pointless if he does, essentially it's him admitting I'm not good enough to beat Seth or Roman.

HHH cannot book MITB winners, they need to kill the concept if they are now going down the route of long title reigns.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think if Drew wins at WM you could have Priest cash in straight after would be class. You then have a rivalry for Drew until Punk is back then you could slowly start the face turn for Priest as the JD starts to dissolve?

Yeah I've no issue with Priest going after Gunther tbh, it's fresh and would be a good match but involving MITB in any fashion would be ridiculous but they're prone to this with MITB given Theory's flub of it last year. As you say the MITB briefcase in it's current format isn't compatible with the current lengthy title reigns plan in place. The shock factor is played out for a long time also.

If it is to continue I'd prefer the winner to get a guaranteed world title match at one of the other Big 4 PPVs, say Survivor Series for example or even the Rumble. It's not instant so you can have a shock winner and gradually build them up as a threat over a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

I think what they'll do for the next MITB is have Punk win it, if hes ready, and sit on it until Wrestlemania when he can finally get that main event he's been craving.

Jey takes on Drew while Becky battles Nia tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Ridley

Successful cash in on Rhodes for this new era they're plugging and people can shut up about Dusty Rhodes fresh start.

Although, They're so close to the next MitB now it would be fun to have two people running around with the briefcase the same night and the pressure on Priest to win before the night is through.

Sting got a mention, his retirement and a thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Officer999

Is Sting in the Hall of Fame?

This match is gonna be decent next week, I'd be ok with pretty much any of them winning. Gable or Sami be my preferences mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yep

WWE HOF in 2016 and part of The Police in the Rock N Roll HOF 😄

• Advertisement

I did lol at Seth just running past Drew, just too focused on The Bloodline and Roman's title

Jey can't catch a break, a win with Jimmy so easily able to be on Raw, I expected Adam to name Jey as one of the IC title competitors with Jimmy costing him again

Ankler Cole

They seem to be putting alot into gable and his promos in recent weeks for it not to be him but then again it's WWE so no guarantees! Only other outcome is the match gets invaded by JD and imperium and maybe ends up being the ladder match at Mania. The like of Zayn, Nakamura deserve Mania matches and they can use Ricochet for high spots

I thought it was going to be a ladder match with all 6 and Gunther at WM

I'm hoping Gable does win

Is Priest ever going to cash in, Seth taken out by Drew and no sign of Senor MITB

Smackdown should be interesting with Cody and Seth going to answer The Rock in person but Bloodline numbers an advantage unless Jey shows up

I wonder if they'll do something where Drew wins the title vs Seth, and then Priest cashes in quickly. Treat it as a karma angle for Drew, who has been such a massive hypocrite in recent weeks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I think that would be the best option imo, it allows Drew then to become more unhinged. Also maybe the start of a slow face turn for Priest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It would be funnier if Priest cashed in on Cody seconds after he finished his story.

I just want Priest to make some attempts, Awesome Truth and DIYDX can stop him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Cole quickly cutting McAfee off when he started talking about the AEW match being a great match.

Surprised nobody mentioned the very stiff breeze in the arena knocking Nia Jax out of the ring during the match... Just watching it there now 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Drew is just memeing his way into Mania.

I hope he gets the win. He won a Mania main event but it was completely hollow due to Covid and an empty performance centre. He deserves a proper moment. It makes sense storyline-wise too, Rollins should be distracted by getting involved with the Cody/Rock/Bloodline stuff.

I hope it is Gable's night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

He's back

OMG I can't believe he is back, especially this soon given his connection to Vince's dirty antics, isn't he and Vince out of the games, I'm surprised with TKO

Candice channelling the great awesome Christian Cage

• Advertisement

Chad Gable should have won, he has a better story with Gunther than Sami, hopefully he might still be added as that finish was questionable

There has to be a catch...they've pushed gables promos and story..

Interesting what they do with brock now

I've only watched the gauntlet match so far (happy for Sami, hoping Gable's shoulders being off the mat means he gets in too though), and haven't seen the Brock thing anywhere else.

But if that's true he's returning, that's wild. He literally doesn't need to be near the Mania card, or WWE in general right now, such is the strength of the shows. I don't think there's a match for him that makes me go "Oh, I wasn't going to watch Mania, but Brock vs ????, now I'm all in!" A return does nothing but flair up the issues again.

Haven’t seen the Lesnar thing anywhere either, strange. And the preview for raw next week doesn’t mention him either.

”WWE is stacking the deck once again for next week's Raw.

On this week's episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in Houston, TX. the Raw and SmackDown General Manager made the dual announcement that The Judgment Day will be defending their Undisputed WWE Tag-Team Championships against five other teams in a Six Pack Ladder Match at WrestleMania XL.

The teams vying for the titles against the duo of Damian Priest and Finn Balor will be determined in five qualifying matches being held on Raw and SmackDown, with three teams from the red brand and two from the blue brand in the bout.

It was announced that in addition to a Last Woman Standing match between Becky Lynch and Nia Jax, which "The Man" requested after being attacked by Jax on the show this week, that next week's WWE Monday Night Raw show in Raleigh, N.C. will feature Six Pack Ladder Match qualifying bouts.

While no specific matches were announced, the official graphic that appeared on the screen showed The New Day vs. Alpha Academy, DIY vs. The Creed Brothers and Awesome Truth vs. Indus Sher paired up together.”

• Advertisement
Advertisement