Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT for Seat Leon

Options
  • 05-03-2024 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

My NCT is booked but I have an issue with warning lights on my dash. My Leon has lights telling me my rear lights (left and right) aren't working but both are. I've been to 2 seperate mechanics and as soon as I drive out of their yards the warning lights reappear. Both mechanics reckon it's a regular fault with Leons.. My question is - will this cause me to fail the NCT even though the lights are working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭User1998

I don’t think it will fail

An auto electrician would probably be better at fixing something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

You are making me feel nostalgic, I used to have a Leon, loved it. Unfortunately the CAT blew up one day and I got it replaced at an exhaust centre rather than a dealer. I got through a couple of NCTs afterwards but them it failed on omissions. After spending too much money on it to try and get it passed, I let it go (it was getting on in years)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joeyanne

I also love my Leon, 8 years old and still going strong!!

I'm hoping it won't fail but they can be awful pinickity! I think I'll run it through and then look about a service/auto electrician. I may also consider going to the Seat garage if it doesn't pass and ask can they do anything.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Does it tell you which bulb is failing?

Did you previously replace a bulb? I'd say that it could be a bulb which isn't consuming the same power as the corresponding one on the other side (so often replacing a worn bulb means replacing it on both sides).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joeyanne

It says rear (left/right) light, but both sides have been replaced on different occasions and it is saying both are not working.. My rear lights are working as are my brake lights

• Advertisement
Advertisement