Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yes and the maternal grandfather is not well - not wishing his demise or anything but really, when he’s gone he’s gone - a reconciliation is what’s required if not for Meaghan at least for her kids- having a grandfather alive and never meeting him is quite unusual- what sort of example is that to give your kids to follow? A lot of hatred and anger within Meaghan - she could grin and bare an afternoon here and there for the sake of her kids getting to know their family roots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

What is a big problem for them if they want to visit the UK now and avail of Ravec's security they have to give 30 days notice. That will be leaked to the press by the Royal Family and so just endanger their lives.

Hyperbole. Being booed at only endangers their egos.

Can you explain what has changed for him (and his family) that he does not deserve security now. He is the son of the king after all.

He gets security on a bespoke basis determined by RAVEC. You deliberately twist that fact. He is no longer a working royal. He lives in the USA.

Re taking the train to Manchester! Are you nuts? Without proper security?

They’d get appropriate security no doubt. He didn’t want to be in close proximity to the public. He might get booed.

He may well be awarded another accolade - Vexatious Litigant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Quite simply they were terrible at negotiating the exit they said they wanted. By not taking the time to negotiate this in private like an adult and reaching a meet-us-half-way agreement with The Queen they created a hostage situation without any hostages. This is what we want and that's exactly what we're going to do. Akin to telling your employer via social media that you're only going to do your job whenever you want to but you'll still be expecting to get remunerated. What then happened was, given the unprecedented circumstances, a summit meeting (which should have been happening in private) where Harry had no leverage at all because he isn't the boss. He thought Meghan was going through the same ordeal his mother went through, he wanted to avoid that and imo wanted to do a similar royal divorce deal for Meghan (annual money, lump sum, RPO, no HRH).

In the end it all came down to which version of events was more marketable for them.

1. Negative tabloid press coverage was affecting our mental health and knowing how important that is we agreed to step down fully from royal duties (removing ourselves from engaging in the royal rota, free to operate our own press relations) and move to a secure compound in Canada where we got exceptional security status which was being covered at a cost of $35k per month. With 30 million pounds to my name then we would be ok and set financially for life so long as I didn’t do anything silly to apply financial pressure on ourselves like buying a mansion for $16 million before I got a job . We got the space to enjoy a year there to get our heads sorted and enjoy time as a family after which our decisions as to what we wanted to do would be reviewed. Without leveraging our HRH styles (to avoid a conflict of interest) we were free to engage in commercial collaborations and we were, despite having no experience in production, able to secure lucrative media deals where we had the freedom to act as executive producers and attract interesting and thought provoking content as part of our deals to satisfy our mutual intellectual curiosities. This in turn would ultimately allow us to achieve financial independence. After our year review we agreed to go through any further actions our situation warranted.

Zzzzzzzzz...boring! Hyper privileged people getting hyper privilege. It doesn't exactly tug or pull at the publics heart strings does it?

2. The toxic and racist tabloid press were bullying us! People who can't think for themselves were dependent on the media telling them what to think and this was inciting hatred towards us. My family were indifferent, stuck and caged. They were doing the royal rota with people who I didn't like and so of course this meant they were leaking facts like how staff were continuously walking out our door. They hated us because of their jealousy and they were feeding the media stories about us to bring us down. They couldn't accept that my wife is amazing but, like Mummy, she became a threat to them and a target. They were no help and they are racist (I think?). And they made faces over shared lip gloss. Don't even get me started on the evil Paul Burell who wrote a book for lots of money or the sausages. My wife was suicidal but someone in HR fobbed her off and we really really wanted to stay and serve because we're brilliant but we were forced to leave and were put up in a housing unit in Canada after our flight to freedom. Then my cruel family pulled our security, they cut me off financially (even though I had 30 million quid) and with the press knowing where we were living then it was only a matter of time until someone from the public (or BackGrid) managed to take a picture of us! Could it all have been an elaborate plot by my family to ultimately have my wife killed? (like Mummy?...nudge...wink...conspiracy nuts). Then I'd be forced back into the goldfish bowl instead of being free to live my life! And go on bike rides! Won't you let me live! And go for self-filmed walks on the beach for Netflix who I was forced to sign a deal with to pay for the mansion I bought. Luckily a billionaire we invited to the wedding we didn't even want and which was forced on us asked one of her billionaire friends if he could save our lives by putting us up in his private mansion. Now even though I only have what my Mummy left me we are forced to sign up to media deals because as 39 year old man my allowance was cut off. Now I can't feel safe in the UK because Jeremy Clarkson and Piers Morgan think we are awful people.

They sold version 2. Many bought it. They made millions. Richard Osman on his podcast with Marina Hyde reckons Harry made 26/27 million from Spare alone before paperback sales. He also ridiculed the output of 12 podcasts for Archetypes i.e. "That is a Monday morning for you and me". They contrast their deal with the Obamas and argue that the difference (and worry) for H&M is that they are the product. That is what people want, it's why we get version 2 above but it is not a viable strategy for any longevity because Hollywood is numbers based and not feelings based i.e. if your sob story which sold is no longer selling or projected to sell then it's goodbye.

In time though version 1 appears to have been more aligned with the mundane reality and not the lucrative fantasy. Some think H&M are hated. They aren't hated. Spinning a victim playing yarn and selling it isn't a crime. They are ridiculed. That is the difference. They sold the public version 2 and they got ridiculed for being ridiculous by public opinion.

Post edited by valoren on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,604 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Some think H&M are hated. They aren't hated

Lol.

Of course they are, the Royalists absolutely detest them.

Or do you thinking people calling for their death is not from a position of hate?

The rage alone in this thread is palpable.

• Advertisement

Hands up anyone who has called for Harry and Meghans deaths?

Anyone?

Ah yes the I will pick up on the limited gaggle of actual head cases, balm pots and nuts out there who genuinely hate Harry and Meghan to the point of making death threats and I will conclude that this hatred is obviously also applicable to anyone even daring to ridicule them approach. Another tired example of confirmation bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

What is a big problem for them if they want to visit the UK now and avail of Ravec's security they have to give 30 days notice. That will be leaked to the press by the Royal Family and so just endanger their lives.

Hyperbole. Being booed at only endangers their egos.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/white-supremacists-jailed-terrorism-prince-harry-meghan-markle-neo-nazi-podcast/

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-police-officers-admit-sending-racist-messages-about-meghan-royals-2023-09-07/

Can you explain what has changed for him (and his family) that he does not deserve security now. He is the son of the king after all.

He gets security on a bespoke basis determined by RAVEC. You deliberately twist that fact. He is no longer a working royal. He lives in the USA.

As you can see from the above, he is at far more risk in the UK than he is in the US. He takes care of his own security out of the UK, where his bodyguards are allowed carry guns. They are not allowed to do so in the UK. Being a non-working royal isn't relevant to his safety. He is the sun of the Head of State. As the grandson of the Head of State, he had bodyguards when he was not a working royal and was in his late 20s in the British Army. Whether you are working or not has nothing to do with the protection he received. Prince Andrew isn't a working royal and he is getting protection in the UK because he obviously needs it.

RAVEC, which consists of Reps for KCIII and Prince William don't think he needs security? Well thats a good one. KCIII does not want to see his biracial grandchildren or his daughter-in-law. It is unsafe for them to visit the UK without armed security. The Palace is like a sieve, they leek everything to the press to keep them off their own backs.

Re taking the train to Manchester! Are you nuts? Without proper security?

They’d get appropriate security no doubt. He didn’t want to be in close proximity to the public. He might get booed.

He may well be awarded another accolade - Vexatious Litigant

Clearly, they are not. Charles took their secure residence in the UK from them - a wedding gift from the Queen. Charles and William denied QEII the chance to say good bye to her grandson & his wife and children. There is something really wrong with the RF. Looks like karma is getting them now for all their rotten deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I don’t really see much “rage” in this thread except for those speaking out in favour of H&M and against anyone who disagrees with them or even remotely criticises H&M- it’s those people I do worry about 😀

A key point in your post is in the headline in one of the publications you refer to, namely, Two white supremacists jailed for terrorism offences after targeting Harry and Meghan's son in neo-Nazi podcast. Two nutters were jailed. The system works.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone is going to stop you equating criticism and ridicule of a public couple as hatred for that public couple but to equate death threats from lunatics with posters here means you're flirting with ridicule yourself.

We have had posters here hope she dies in a car crash and both in a plane crash.

But that is moot to your point.

You stated

Some think H&M are hated. They aren't hated

"some" are very much correct, they are hated by some people.

You masquerading false opinion as fact is not my fault.

Agreed. The Wrap did a report a few days ago and the conclusion from industry insiders who have worked with Harry and Meghan/Archewell Productions is that they want to be in control when working with producers despite having no experience of production themselves, that they are not great at taking on advice from people paid to give them advice and this ultimately leads to them burning through people who decide they aren't worth the hassle. Sounds familiar? Just like the staff turnover at the palace and sources (Valentine Low) writing that working with them was like working with teenagers. History (churning through staff who left their roles while they were working royals) repeating itself (an inability to retain execs, staff to deliver on their lucrative deals). They are the 'difficult to work with' common denominator. Unless one wants to believe in the fantastical idea that tough skinned execs in Hollywood are also collaborating with and following on from what was going on within the royal family to undermine the Sussexes. In short, they are difficult to work with and it says a lot that those who have worked with them are willing to even talk to a reputable trade magazine about their negative experiences. I suppose to some the assessment of it all and coming to that ‘they are difficult to work with’ conclusion makes me a hater.

https://www.thewrap.com/meghan-and-harrys-100-million-netflix-deal-is-a-hollywood-miss-exclusive/

Posters? I don't recall anyone posting that. Dig it out if you want and repost it. I would be confident any reasonable posters here would condemn such posts and challenge anyone going down such a toxic avenue.

I highlighted one them when it was posted. The mass condemnation you speak of never materialised.

But again all moot to your declarations of fact.

This couple are very much hated largely by the fervent Royalists with Meaghan also invoking the ire of your common or garden incel type online dweller.

Basically the sort who think the Daily Mail are infallible.

I've been following this thread and haven't seen any posts wishing for them to die or be killed. Can you re-highlight them?

Fascinating and comprehensive article, many thanks

Yes. They had full 'working royal' security then! They don't have it now, so the 'system' is broken for them without full security. The threats are probably worse now from white supremacists.

How come the threats are probably worse now? Surely we could leave the security assessment to RAVEC.

Hardly, the search function is a disaster.

You'll just have to believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

I see where people are claiming that the picture taken of Catherine yesterday isn't her. Some say it's because the lady is quite full in the face. God forbid that she put on weight. Others claim it's Pippa as Catherine doesn't appear to have a mole. God bless their eyesight. Never mind that P has a mole on her face too.

Someone who has supposedly had abdominal surgery putting on weight? LOL.

That face looks bloated - like someone on steroids. Tumour treatment?

The threat is exactly the same (if not worse now due to the hate campaign going on in the UK). From what I recall, RAVEC have said that it is bad, but since they are not 'working royals' it doesn't matter if they are killed.

Imagine, your father and brother are represented on that decision making equipment!

RAVEC have said that it is bad, but since they are not 'working royals' it doesn't matter if they are killed.

Where?

Category 5 hyperbole - again!

Statement from Ravec Committee attorney in the court case that

"The committee considered the wider impact that the “tragic death” of his mother, the late Princess Diana, had on the nation, and in making its decision gave greater weight to the “likely significant public upset were a successful attack” on her son to happen," attorney James Eadie said.

And they decided not to grant him security.

Because there was deemed to be no danger to require that level.

If Harry wanted to keep top level security maybe he shouldn't have quit the job that provided it?

Its not complicated.

Its pretty common after surgery to bloat. Thats pretty basic knowledge I'd have thought.

And unable to exercise as much as she clearly normally does.

Yep combined with the bodies increased water retention and often constipation issues aswell.

But thats basic medical knowledge. Obviously the Megxiteers know that that "knowledge" is just a plant by Murdoch and the MSM to cover up that Kate has ascended to illuminati lizard queen.

• Advertisement

Or the other OTT rumours floating around on X.

Advertisement