Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sh$t Coin Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Bumping this to mention Bonk on Solana. It was airdrop to nft holders and might pump if Solana pumps back to previous highs during the bull run. The devs are nft project heads with links to the Solana dev team. They airdropped almost half the supply to nft holders of their projects. The other half for the devs is still to be unlocked so be aware of that.

This is up 300% in the last few days, (1250%) in the last month. About to hit it previous high, be careful holding too long, take some profits if you got in.

Bonk:

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/bonk

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Persistence (XPRT) and Waves are my picks for speculative punts

Any details on waves? The price chart looks interesting.

Edit: wouldn’t call it a sh*t coin:

Waves is a blockchain platform you can use to create your own custom token. Whether you want to crowdfund a project, build out a loyalty rewards program, or create an in-app currency, the Waves platform may be worth looking into.

According to its website, you can create your own token in as little as one minute (but you may want to take some time and have a good plan on how you’re going to use it first). Waves also includes a decentralized exchange (DEX)in which you can trade your newly created coin in a trading pair with any other Waves token.

Post edited by Potatoeman on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭KilOit

Waves was one of my original purchases a few years back, it looked solid but I offloaded it all last year with that pump. From what I heard at the time a lot of shady stuff was going on with the dev pumping and selling, afaik he is Ukrainian and was helping Ukraine somehow, can't recall all the details but I wanted out of it, had a bit of usdc on its exchange as well. I just didn't trust it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I wouldn't have any great insight on Waves to be honest. It came to my attention and I did some reading on it and liked it. I bought it at 1.30 speculating it might get back up to its previous all time high.

As another poster said, some people think the founder is dodgy but I don't really care as I'm just hoping for it to pump and then sell it all.

Still climbing. Up another 1000% in the last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Max supply 99 trillion

Cost to own 1 millionth of supply = over EUR 1k, which is higher than some top 50 coins. Terrible numbers for a shitcoin.

For 3 figures on a shitcoin you want at least 100,000th of max supply (with no max supply shenanigans)

I got mine free flipped last year and bought back in after it crashed. It’s already moved so the returns now are far less. I posted it back then too.

Also got dropped some peepo which is up 3000%.

Other sol airdrops that might pump doggo scoin birds chilli pugai Fronk

• Advertisement

Doggo and Fronk pumped, get your initial investment back and take some profits if you bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

It seems a number of mid market alts are doing well.

After selling FET way too early losing out on a 6x and rising, and passing on worldcoin at around 2 dollar, I seem to have hit a small gainer with ondo at .25 proper degen punt having done no research and just following a random on X

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Hi, I apologise in advance if this is a silly question.

What is the best way to trade speculative / random coins? I just have Crypto.com for BTC, ETH and SOL and other well known coins currently but looks like coins that are listed there are already pumped. Is there an exchange that would list more unknown coins to play around with?

I see Binance suggested as an option. Are there other recommendations?

A surprising amount of dogshit low cap coins can now be directly bought on Coinbase. Bonus: they pump easier because CB has a big userbase.

Kucoin is "alright" and has it's share of crap.

The final boss, where you can get pretty much anything, is Uniswap. It's actually a good exchange but personally I don't like it because Eth gas fees are through the roof in any period of activity and I don't have any patience to buy wrapped Eth or whatever alternative to get lower fees, plus I promised myself I wouldn't go down that rabbit hole anymore. Pay attention always to the supply of the coin. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Binance, Kucoin and the DEXs (decentralised exchanges)- Uniswap, Jupiter etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

What are people's best AI plays? I've some losers from the previous cycle that have bounced back a little bit (nowhere near previous highs and won't get back there either) that I'd like to trade in to the next thing that seems to be getting hyped for this cycle.

Would like 2-3 max, I'm thinking possibly NOS, FET and INJ, but INJ has already ran a lot and is in the top 50.

NOS has done x276 in one year, but it's lower down and you can buy more of max supply than FET

FET on the other hand has been around much longer, but is currently close to ATH

Personally between the two (I already have FET from before), at this stage, I'd wait for NOS to take a temporary dive then go into that.

Or just go into all three, with more weighted towards NOS

Here are some others

Usual disclaimer, it's all BS, "AI crypto" won't really do anything and it's just a game of getting ahead of the herd and dumping on newcomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

Yeah I originally heard about NOS around $1-1.50, absolutely disgusted I didn't get in then. Its mcap is still less than $500m so could probably still 10x handy enough if it's popular, which it seems it could be. Looks like Solana ecosystem tokens are the ones to bet on this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

HYPC is one i've put a little in. It's another project of (at least some of) the team behind AGIX (which has done quite well in the AI space). it hasn't pumped mad like some of the other AI stuff lately, so could be a sleeper. instead of having a central GPU warehouse like Fetch are going with, it uses people's PC's while their idle to try achieve the same thing, and pays the owners in HYPC;

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/hypercycle

https://www.hypercycle.ai/

Tremp and Boden on Solana, might pump with the US election.

Possible but it's expensive. Max supply just over 2 bn at 82c, that puts it about 60th. Not far behind Fet.

was looking to speculate on ballz, how much are these thinks likely to pump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Talking of sh*t coins - has Richard Heart made any nice purchases the past few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

it is expensive, it launched in mid 2023, so seems to have been priced accordingly with all the AI hype. seems seed/early investors got it for about 5 cent! but despite this, the price does seem to be standing up well to the sell pressure that exists due to the vesting schedule;

Hypercycle (HYPC) Token Unlocks and Vesting: Schedule and Tokenomics | CryptoRank.io

tokenomics is not my strong suit at all, but it appears to be a decent enough schedule, no big cliffs (early investors and teams tokens unlock from a few months ago through to the end of 2025 on a monthly basis)

i'm supposing it all depends on whether the AI narritive is going to remain as strong as it is now through the bull cycle, but all ears regarding other opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Post edited by el diablo on

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Let’s say I have 1k special degen fund for solana memecoins, what’s the best approach, put 300 each into Biden trump and ballz, or spread it out over others, say 10 x 100?

what would be the plan then, take profit if 3or 4 x, or sit on them and hope they go big?

• Advertisement

I’d spread it about. Too many rugs in the space. Layer out and back in depending on the sentiment. Also keep half the bag out for new coins, the space moves fast. I only put in sub 100. Anymore I’d put in small cap crypto projects.

Advertisement