Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

Pulling at the heart strings is on brand. He does get security. Effective security. You're peddling a false narrative in suggesting he isn't granted security (when deemed necessary). He chose to live in the US to become financially independent (his words) and, in addition to the 30 million he already had before going, he now has significant additional means to pay for private security. 20 million minimum from Netflix for their series. 25 million minimum from Penguin. He has private security in addition to his ongoing effective security which doesn't cost him a penny.

America doesn't want to provide him (the son of a head of state) with tax payer funded security. Canadians had a problem with their taxes paying for it too. He took 2 million from his Dad when they made it known that tax payer funded security was to be stopped. It was costing 35k a month. At that rate Daddy via the Duchy was paying for almost 5 years of security. Then he left Canada for America.

So he has to put on his big boy pants and pay for his own security when he is living in America from his pot of approximately $70 million. Just like any other celebrity in America who pays for a security detail without any drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Where, oh where, does it say,

RAVEC have said that it is bad, but since they are not 'working royals' it doesn't matter if they are killed.

I'll give you a clue - it doesn't. You are literally making it up as you go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Kate picture in this article - her face is all grainy - I bet it’s a Kate mask made of sand and glue 🤪

I think she’s expected back in June, for the colour trouping or Kings birthday or whatever that event is called - great to see her out and about- hopefully whatever she’s recovering from that she’s progressing as expected

decision making equipment

??? Ouija board? Bong? Shrooms? Can you get them on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

Roulette. Charles on red, William called black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

So he has to put on his big boy pants and pay for his own security

Isn't that just what he is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hes supposedly refusing to visit his own family while whining they don't give him elite security for free.

Exactly. So why was he suing/appealing about security decisions in the UK when he is already getting effective security and has exceptional status?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is a public service announcement - steroids aren't just prescribed during cancer treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Judging from the albeit grainy picture of her face she doesn't appear to have the typical moon face you get from corticosteroids plus these types of steroids are unlikely to be prescribed after surgery as they compromise the immune system and can inhibit healing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

He is concerned for his family's safety in the UK. He is not looking for security outside of the UK. The issue with having his own private security in the UK is that they are not linked into where there maybe danger and of course they are not licenced to carry arms. Every individual who wants to take a pot shot at him knows this, so they would be sitting ducks in the UK, particularly now that they can't stay in their former home (thats sitting empty now) in Windsor.

There is a major problem with having to give 30 days notice as this is more than likely will be leaked and spread all over the gutter press. There are plenty of head cases in the UK would like to take a pot shot at his wife and children, if not him. And it is not cowardly to worried about their security when you realise the vile hate campaign that has taken place in the UK.

He has not asked the US to provide security. You are making that up.

As for Canada. The problem the Canadians tax payer has is with their financial contribution to maintain the British Royal Family in the style that they are accustomed to - i.e., it costs the Canadian taxpayer $68 million for the pleasure of having King Charles III as their head of State! They think the Royal Family are getting enough of their hard earned dollars as it is and the RF could well afford to take care of any security if they were living in Canada. But they are not living in Canada.

Why are you posting about US & Canada? Harry pays for their own security when there. The only issue is in the UK and I have explained often enough what the problem is with the issue of not being licenced to carry firearms and the major hate campaign orchestrated by the gutter press and supported by his loving family!

Who said that they were?

I know two people who were given steroids (and their faces became bloated like Kate's) so as to receive radium treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Naturally enough, she doesn’t look quite how she looked 3 months ago simply because she’s had a major operation, likely hadn’t been out and about and hence little exercise - I’m just delighted to see she’s up and around - that’s reassuring in itself

The security is so effective he could not bring his children to visit their great grandmother, QEII, before she died?

They have taken away their secure home in Windsor so that they have to stay in hotels. They didn't give him any security when he came over for the court case (he was refused security).

He has offered to pay, but they won't let him!

Well of course it. I don't know Kate. I'm looking at a photo and just wonder at her bloated appearance.

And of course all these head cases are entirely based in and contained in the UK and are unable to criss cross borders to take their pot shots. I've been over it a few times now regarding his exceptional security status. He has been overseas for over four years now and I'd argue that the effective security he gets when he is in this danger zone you are portraying of the UK has been very effective indeed and will likely continue to be so given his exceptional status despite your histrionics.

Didn't stop them leaving the kids with friends at a birthday party while they attended a trooping of the colour though. Would you leave your kids if there was a risk of head cases pot shotting at them? But visiting the Queen a year later and they are exposed. You're having a laugh. This is the guy who felt unsafe taking the train while under a security detail. I think paranoia plays a big part with him.

"Mind the Gap Liz"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Plus we're so used to seeing her so 'put together' which I'm sure is last thing on her mind at the moment on top of recovering from illness so will make her seem even less like the Catherine we are used to seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Because the met aren't private for hire bodyguards..

No, he is refusing to bring his children to the UK. He risks himself visiting the UK without adequate security as in the time he was there to give evidence in a court case which he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hes refusing because he is too cheap. He is allocated the security he requires. If he wants better than he needs its up to him to shut up whining and just get it.

They were in their own home which is protected as it is part of Windsor Castle. You make them sound like they dropped them with the childminder. No doubt they had their own security with them as well.

And Liz looks to be surrounded with bodyguards and her own staff. They are not random members of the public. The Queen usually had her own carriage on the train. She wasn't queuing up for her free travel voucher to travel on the train in the middle of the plebs.

Their market is the US. I reckon this whole spiel about being unsafe in the UK is more spin for that market to gloss over his persona non grata status and dilute the idea that if they ever go to the UK and were adults about it then their security would be top notch i.e. Oh my family haven't iced me out because I am untrustworthy and looking to make a buck. I am totally kewl with my family and they'd all love to have us all over but, sadly, there are head cases lying in wait in bushes on every corner ready to take pot shots because the racist press has incited them and I want to protect my family so that is why we don't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭backwards_man

Wow the coments here by certain posters about Catherine are disgusting. Leave her alone. Seriously what are you after? Shades of Diana stalking. I think we can all acknowledge she has given 12+yrs to the monarchy. She is obviously going through something very difficult. Why cant you give her the space to get through it? The speculation by jm08 and others is disturburbing. She is a mother to 3 kids. A wife. A daughter. Have some compassion, for whatever it is.

So Ravec is getting in on the action punishing Harry and his family (i.e., children) because their father is untrustworthy? This is going a bit far now.

Harry & Meghan will be better off financially being iced out. Instead of having to read their life story in the Daily Mail, Express and get nothing for it, they can write the books themselves and making a fortune on it.

I see on X, the Greek press and tv are saying that Camilla and William are at each other's throats. Seemingly the reason he didn't turn up at the former Greek King's memorioal ceremony was because Camilla was leading the royals and he would have to kowtow to her as the Queen. According to them, he regrets saying that his mother was paranoid to help Camilla's PR as Diana's followers are disgusted with him for doing that.

Camilla seems to be a brilliant operator. I'm beginning to think it is she who wants to destroy the Royal Family now. Didn't like being rejected by them as not being good enough to marry Charles! She sure is getting some revenge for that!

Ah for feic sake, the woman's face in the photo is bloated. And you think that is disturbing? Did you think that depicting a grandchild of the present king as a chimp was disturbing? What about the children in this instance?

Did you have any compassion for the mother of the king's grandchildren when a prominent British so called columnist says how he hated her and that she should be dragged around the streets of all the towns in GB and the natives should throw **** at her?

Did you say that is just beyond the beyond to depict a wife, a daughter, a mother like this? Did you have compassion, for whatever it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DaithiMa

🤣🤣🤣 It's official. This thread has officially jumped the shark. My favourite line is 'What about the children'

Advertisement