Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two of the "pillars" have crumbled.

Guevara is shìt anyway, and a twat. They'd lose nothing by releasing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Sammy is bad luck for the Hardys. Didn't Matt get a concussion in a match with Sammy at All Out 2020 and the match continued. AEW really needs to up their game in regards to treating concussion injuries because it's not the first time this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Also in the lead up to that match, he threw a steel chair at Matt which busted him up badly in an unplanned spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,600 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Okada debut day hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

The Sammy thing and the concussion protocol is tricky without more details.

Seems most are of the opinion that Sammy doing the GTH after Jeff was concussed.

We don't know if breaking protocol was not immediately going for the roll-up. Or if breaking protocol was doing a move aimed at the head. Or if it was because Sammy ignored the ref's call to end the match.

All that aside the ref should be empowered enough to just call for the bell and end the match.

One thing is for sure though AEW definitely need to look at their concussion protocols in general, it seems to happen far too often and has rarely been properly handled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Petermc83

surely its up to the ref in the ring to notice something was amiss and call an audible there&then.

i think its unfair to pin all the blame on the wrestler.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I do agree that AEW refs need to really up their game on the whole concussion or serious injury spots, for example when Roddy got dropped on his neck after a botched Spanish fly the ref/doc jumped in and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭brick tamland

It was nuts that they originally claimed Jeff didn't suffer a concussion. The chap was falling over he was that out of it. You'd have to wonder who checked him and who allowed that statement to be released

Coin drop tonight.

Followed by..,............ Jericho 👀👀👀

• Advertisement

Oh sh1t it’s going to happen tonight.

Boo no Championship match however a fun tag.

JR signed a new 1 year contract and it will based around PPV’s.

That was a really fun hardcore match between Brian Cage & Hook.

Here comes the Rainmaker and he is a heel that’s Awesome.

Okada is Elite.

Kenny is fired and Hangman suspended indefinitely.

Knew Okada was turning when he walked out in the suit but looking forward to this version. Hopefully this builds to omega (once healthy)vs Okada.

Again heel bucks are killing it

Had a tough choice to either pick aew or the scratch (irish band) on the 20th here in Toronto but went for the scratch although Copeland vs Christian will have a great atmosphere.

Given the graphic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Know the Scratch lads well, def the right choice as much as I love AEW.

Ospreay is only there a week and has two matches of the year contenders.

Fletcher just had the America match that will make him.

The American Dragon out to fave Ospreay.

Yes please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh yes yes yes

Maybe I'm not as familiar with him but was the crowd reaction poor for Okada with TYB? Was he expected to debut as a heel?

Yea caught them a few times and easily one of the best live shows but on the other hand I was at FD last year in Toronto so cant complain on that

I thought the initial pop was fairly strong but doubt anyone really thought he'd debut as a heel. I know it was probably a small enough crowd but they were loud for most of the show, agreed the main event was insane. Wonder what they will do with Osprey and the DC family since Osprey is clearly a face right now, but the thoughts of Osprey vs Danielson will be a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fletcher/Ospreay was unbelievable, two match of the year contenders from Will in the last few days now.

I love heel Okada with the Elite, great stuff. He definitely made the right choice signing with AEW!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That was a brilliant show, and felt properly like Episode 1 of a new season.

The Okada stuff was great. The crossed handshake, and the goomber smile. Corporate Okada will be a fun heel, and when you look at how stacked the main event face side of things is (Swerve and Osprey especially), they needed a strong heel for that top of the card too. Having him go over fan favorite Kingston will be a great way to build heat too.

Danielson vs Osprey will be match of the year, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Punk_N_Wrestlin

Greetings all! Just some thoughts about Revolution!

• Great Card overall, think there was definitely a slump in the middle, sadly both the women's and international title matches suffered cause of it...
    • Will Osperay and Takeshita was feckin whopper. Both lads are stars and Will is destined to be champion soon at this point.
    • Danielson and Kingston beating the **** out of each other
    • Kyle O'Reilly is back! Hope his neck is healed, great addition to the roster and feels like a new signing with how long he's been out. Hopefully gives the Kingdom some kind of help cause I think people aren't completely sold on them at all...
    • Darby actually killing himself. Dont know how he does it but that man has the falling physics of a crash test dummy. Fair **** to him.
    • STING.

Cheers lads! - Karl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I found the Okada debut to be a bit meh...crowd didn't seem that hot with it either

• Registered Users Posts: 86,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tokyo Sports reports that Okada's contract with AEW is a three-year deal worth an estimated $13.5 million. If accurate, that means Okada would be making roughly $4.5 million a year in AEW

• Advertisement

Kevin Kelly apparently has been fire by AEW

Advertisement