Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

And that’s the rub- Some people get paid to be there…..and some people pay to be there . Hope she’s spending wisely and that it’s worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Is "reasonable theories" code for "utter speculation" or "abject innuendo" or "well, it says so in the Spanish/Greek (here insert the country of your choosing) press, so it must be right? I think if you referred to the gossip as exactly that, the post would have been moe accurate.

Oh, and by the way, Meghan is not "Princess Meghan of Sussex". And it's not Kat, it's Catherine, Princess of Wales. Just to be evenhanded, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

These horrible articles were the ones that were written about staff leaving? Of tensions behind the scenes? Tensions that reached boiling point with Megxit? i.e. what was actually happening? Those kind of articles? There’s a big difference between someone going through a surgery and allowed time to recover and the tabloids sniffing out and publishing stories which were true.

This demand for knowing details and not being satisfied with a statement regarding privacy reminds me of when Diana died and William and Harry had to partake in walkabouts at Balmoral and in London. Two boys still in shock at the loss of their mother. Statements about wanting to protect the boys and allow them to grieve in private didn’t satiate a ghoulish press and public. Those PR stunts were done as acts of appeasement. They also walked behind her coffin which is something Harry has said traumatized him. I am sure the senior royals were advised that a disgruntled public could ultimately damage/threaten the monarchy and so they acquiesced to public demands.

Maybe William, no longer a boy and now a senior royal as the Prince of Wales, remembers all that. Maybe with an ill wife and kids of his own he has no interest in feeding the beast via parading the family in public or providing granular details about his wifes condition in order to satiate a detail hungry press and public. Maybe he doesn't want staff wasting time challenging histrionics on social media expressing their wild theories and crazy speculations. Regardless of how damaging their keeping schtum might be to the monarchy. Maybe that prospective damage is actually the reason why there is such a clamor for the details in the first place i.e. it is damaging to the monarchy. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Where does it say they are sponsoring the proceedings?

I think it is Princess Henry of Sussex and Princess William of Wales if you want to be exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

#notmymonarchy, so i can refer to them as whatever i like.

princess kats and princess meghan of sussex it is

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

there isn't any evidence the articles were true so no .

of course the tabloids will be sniffing out stories about princess kats just in case they turn on her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Well no, she is "Catherine, princess of Wales" , but not "princess Catherine".

https://19thnews.org/2024/03/sxsw-events-2024/

The 19th is partnering with The Archewell Foundation for a SXSW Center Stage panel with Meghan, Duchess of Sussex; Katie Couric; Brooke Shields; and Nancy Wang Yuen, moderated by Errin Haines. Together, they’ll discuss the impact of women’s representation across media, entertainment and social media.

• Advertisement

Even the Royal Protection Officer quit after Fiji.

Hopefully, Meghan's participation in SXSW and similar projects will enable them to pay their own way in the world without trashing his family, playing the perpetual victim card and moaning about how hard done by they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Here is a list of the sponsors of 19th. Archewell/Meghan/Harry are not listed. And they have some really big sponsors such Pfizer and Goldman Sachs (sponsoring between $100K & $250K). They have about 100 sponsors and they are all listed.

Nope. Diana was the first to be known using her first name, so this has slipped into usage.

Look at the QEII's generation - Princess Michael of Kent, not Princess Marie-Christine of Kent. Going back to when the Royals generally married their cousins who had princely titles in their own right through blood, not marriage, could be called by their own name/title.

According to your bible, The Daily Mail. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586135/Meghans-bodyguard-quit-just-six-months-job.html

Meghan's bodyguard to quit after just six months in the job - weeks after her PA walked out - as protection officers 'find the Duchess's wish to be 'one of the people' challenging'

She follows personal assistant Melissa Touabti, who departed Kensington Palace last year after six months in the role, and Harry and Meghan's private secretary Samantha Cohen.

Melissa was completely out of her depth. She has gone back to nannying again. Her job before becoming Meghan's PA was nanny to Robbie Williams children.

Someone (may have been her) was fired by the Palace HR because they were soliciting 'stuff' in Meghan's name.

Samantha Cohen cv:

QEII (Sec and Dep.)

Duke & Duchess of Sussex: Private Sec

CEO, Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council

Director of the Office of the Prime Minister (Boris Johnson)

Co-Founder & Deputy ChairCo-Founder & Deputy Chair, The Queen's Green Canopy

You are trying to claim that Samantha was bullied out of her job by Meghan ended up running Boris Johnson's Office!

Give over.

No her official total title is Catherine, Princess of Wales. Diana was Diana, Princess of wales. They use their own names, but aren't styled as "Princess name". The reason princess Michael takes her husbands name is because he wasn't given a peerage of his own upon marriage. His brother is the Duke of Kent

However what makes Princess Michael’s title unique in The Royal Family is that she is currently the only woman married to a Prince who is not a peer of the realm. Had  Prince Andrew not been conferred as the Duke of York upon marriage, Sarah Ferguson would have formally been styled as HRH The Princess Andrew upon marriage.

as it is, it seems for women who marry in to the family, the duchess title supercedes princess and is used for everyone except whoever is the princess of wales, or those who aren't a duchess, like Marie-christine.

These horrible articles were the ones that were written about staff leaving? Of tensions behind the scenes? Tensions that reached boiling point with Megxit? i.e. what was actually happening? Those kind of articles? There’s a big difference between someone going through a surgery and allowed time to recover and the tabloids sniffing out and publishing stories which were true.

Not just staff leaving - Meghan making Kate cry when in fact it was the other way around. Kate could have clarified what happened. She allowed the press to believe that she had bullied Charlotte and made her cry. Then there was the use of private jets (and William's stunt getting photographed getting a commercial flight to Scotland)!

And don't give me this nonsense of 'never explain, never complain'. W&K had a hotline to the media to refute any stupid thing that was said about them and if possible threaten legal action - i.e., denying Kate was using botox and legal threats made by William (which you tried to claim was Rose's brother) about the alleged affair with Rose.

And then William and the pegging stuff. Ryanair was contacted by Kensington to take the post they made about 'a William' and the seat arm pointing up down, which they did.

This demand for knowing details and not being satisfied with a statement regarding privacy reminds me of when Diana died and William and Harry had to partake in walkabouts at Balmoral and in London. Two boys still in shock at the loss of their mother. Statements about wanting to protect the boys and allow them to grieve in private didn’t satiate a ghoulish press and public. Those PR stunts were done as acts of appeasement. They also walked behind her coffin which is something Harry has said traumatized him. I am sure the senior royals were advised that a disgruntled public could ultimately damage/threaten the monarchy and so they acquiesced to public demands.

Appeasement to who? Do you really think anyone wanted to see Diana's sons being paraded behind their mother's coffin. That was a Royal PR stunt, insisted on by Philip. The Royals did not want to give Diana a State funeral, but they had to. They used the two boys as camoflage for having to walk behind her coffin themselves to be there for her sons.

Maybe William, no longer a boy and now a senior royal as the Prince of Wales, remembers all that. Maybe with an ill wife and kids of his own he has no interest in feeding the beast via parading the family in public or providing granular details about his wifes condition in order to satiate a detail hungry press and public. Maybe he doesn't want staff wasting time challenging histrionics on social media expressing their wild theories and crazy speculations. Regardless of how damaging their keeping schtum might be to the monarchy. Maybe that prospective damage is actually the reason why there is such a clamor for the details in the first place i.e. it is damaging to the monarchy. Just a thought.

William sold his mother out by saying she was paranoid and blocking the BBC from showing the interview with her again. William is very happy to use his children when the public are not happy about his decisions - for example, William not going to the final of the Women's World Cup doing an interview with Charlotte

I do think that William was traumatised by the death of his mother and that is why he has anger management issues, etc. He probably needs therapy but is too stubborn to seek it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Didn't a couple of Catherine’s staff quit not long after she married William too because they weren't happy with her, a housekeeper & a gardener if I remember.

Palace staff don't seem to take too kindly to 'outsiders' coming in & upsetting the apple cart. Meghan 'worked too much', Catherine 'did too much for herself', seem like a very fickle bunch to me.

• Advertisement

I didn't try to claim anything. Hanburys brother did threaten to sue. William threatened as well and lo and behold Wootens article disappeared. Why do you think it was pulled?

Diana was paranoid. Are you suggesting she wasn't and her son is lying?

W&K had a hotline to the media and didn't correct tabloid reports? Why didn't Harry or Meghan, a pair of grown ups, contact someone in the royal rota or a spokesperson to give clarification? Maybe he couldn't because he was in "institutional" mode I suppose. Why couldn't they have briefed Scobie with some notes on that for example? Why even wait 3 years to clarify their side?

Anger management issues? Presumably based on a video taken by some rando scribe looking for a lockdown violation scoop and confronted by an irate William on private property. The guy could have been anyone and refused to identify himself.

No. You said that it was pulled because Rose's brother went legal. I pulled you up on that one and produced the evidence that William had threatened legal action. What happened to the mantra, 'never complain, never explain.'

Why didn't Kate have the decency to correct the made up stories about Meghan making her and Charlotte cry?

Diana was right all along. William was claiming that she was imagining it all. Imagine telling the public that she was paranoid? (Seemingly, he did it to placate Camilla).

Dear god, do you not get it. The palace prevented H&M from taking legal action against the press when they were working royals. They were told to suck it up. Thats why they lost their security in Canada.

Not just William's over reaction to a fairly polite photographer, anger management issues on how he lost his temper with Harry and hit him (what age is he, 5), and admitting that when himself and Kate argue, they throw stuff at each other. Its also apparent at some social events (a wedding in Jordan where you could see William getting angry with Kate for talking too long to someone).

Then they had William's henchman Knauf as their press officer - you know the one that they allowed speak to Scobie on their behalf to clarify details in Durand and Scobie's book, This is the rat who took it upon himself to testify on behalf of the Daily Mail against them when he wasn't requested to do so and his input was irrelevant (though gossipy).

Is it any surprise that Kensington Palace really just threw them to the wolves.

What? Yes, Prince Edward is the Duke of Kent and his wife is referred to as Katharine, Duchess of Kent. What's your point?

well they never trashed his family but told the truth about them.

they never played the victim as they were victims and they were hard done by both before they left and after they took the brave decision to leave.

they have been paying their way now for a few years, since not long after they left and any money from the monarchy ended.

And then I did some reading on the affair rumour and discovered William also threatened to sue.

So they left, were non working royals in Canada, the Palace prevented them from suing (suck it up) and then their security was pulled? If they are no longer working royals then how can they be leant on to not sue tabloids?

I think you're either confusing yourself here or you're deliberately engaging in spin to conceal Harry breaking the agreement.

The fairly polite reporter. Lol. Fantastic minimising.

They trashed Harry’s family on Oprah, in the reality tv series, in Spare

They played the victim on Oprah, in the reality tv series, in Spare

They've made their money from Oprah, the reality series, and Spare.

• Advertisement

Is it any surprise that Kensington Palace really just threw them to the wolves.

You’re not “on message”. The Authorised Version, as uttered by Meghan in a trailer for Netflix, is, “I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves. I was being fed to the wolves.”

More hyperbole.

Advertisement