Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

KGM Torres EVX

Options
  • 06-03-2024 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hear me out.

* 10 Years or 1 Million Kms Battery Warranty.

* Unlimited Mechanical Warranty.

* Over 700 Ltr boot.

* 73.4kWh BYD Blade Battery.

* 460km WLTP Range.

*Retail Price from €49,950.

The KGM Torres EVX review is linked below. Let me know what you think!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Had a look at your video Derek. Does the battery seem to be a little on the small side? If it's aimed at urban runaround market maybe it's ok. Charging time from 10% to 80% at 37 mins is surprisingly long for a blade battery. Big boot space is a big plus.

Decent price for the size, great warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Enjoyed the review

I think it looks interesting. Any word on when it is due for sale in Ireland?

When you say

Unlimited Mechanical Warranty.

What duration is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Seems like a very good package!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

All sounds great and it looks good. Reviews from other journalists have not been so good.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭derekreilly

I think the battery and range is pretty much perfect for the vast majority!

The DC peak charging speed is 145kW DC.

• Advertisement

Some cars are already on the ground in Ireland waiting for the Irish price to be confirmed, then sent out to dealers.

Unlimited time and mileage I'm told.

Oh really! All I heard was good feedback for the day I was with it and with other journalists from around Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vimalandrew

What's the purpose of buying this heavy car with 72kw battery. Already byd seal with 82kw is available for 51000 and volkswagen is coming with a 86kw battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

Surely the Seal is aimed at a different market though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

So, this is the Ssangyong's new name. Mad that KGM sounds so much more palatable than the old name. That warranty is amazing, Toyota on Steroids basically. They must really have lots of confidence in their engineering. The real life range will probably be around 300 km on this I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

What makes you estimate 300km real life range? My WLTP range is 311km,but I can get more range than that which usually corrects downwards,but even in the winter I wouldnt get less than a 12% reduction in range. That's my take, range reduction is more a factor of weather/temperature/conditions and importantly how a vehicle is driven. Regarding the Blade battery as a peoduct, my understanding is they are good products (Ive read a limited amount), but a similar range reduction for real conditions for my real world usage is less than 12%, albeit on a different Korean manufacturer (Hyundai). The boot on these is not big, it's massive and the range looks like it would suit many (urban or rural use), although its probably not ideal or streamlined enough for a motorway Id think, but with bootspace and that range (and then add in the warranty), I consider it a gamechanger, ideal for Irish families uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

No, I didn't, I didn't mention that at all, I was referring to the range of my own completely different ev ( I highlighted my ev is Hyundai, only similarity is that it like the KGM is also Korean). My comments where about how the variation from wltp is marginal for me imo,the main factor being those I mentioned.

Advertisement