Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymore Sea Gardens - Bray

Options
  • 18-11-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

We are looking into this development and are wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to view the offered properties for their first phase. Has anyone decided to go for one, and if so how has the buying process gone so far?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Prices are madness.

Location seems good.

General layout of estate seems good

Local Cllr Joe Behan opposing badly needed bus corridors on Castle Street - ridiculous and may make this location very difficult traffic wise

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rowantree18

Supposedly (per website) over 1000 new homes in this development. My issues would be as follows:

Huge pressure on the Dart and buses.

Huge pressure on schools - if relevant to you.

Minimum of 100 social homes - if this is an issue for you, generally people are interested in the exact number of social houses in a development.

I'd do a lot of research before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously don't think that a new development should be complained about because it will pity Dart and Buses under huge pressure?

Also, comment about social housing is pure snobbery. It's more social housing that is required to ease housing crisis not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amy1457

hi, has anyone bought a property here? Any idea if they have given anyone a snagging date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GG2023

hi Amy, we’ve just secured a house here, we’ve been told end Aug for finish, are you this phase?

• Advertisement

hi, i think we are the first phase - the houses are completed and we are waiting for snagging. We were told end march - but it’s been delayed. We are not getting a clear response from the real estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarkj123

Same here @amy1457. We may be looking at another 4/5 week wait but no definitive timeline.

thanks! I wonder what’s causing the delays - they said today its because of ESB.
    However, when i spoke to them during the launch(few weeks back), they said it was all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 harshi16

Hello, we have secured a house in Sea gardens as well in the 2nd phase. And wanted to check if you have received the contracts and what sort of timeline the agents have given you.

Also is there any Facebook group or any WhatsApp group created for the house owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 clarkj123

Possibly "sorted" in terms of ESB being on site working away which I know they were at that point.

• Advertisement

hi harshi, we are in the first phase and contracts were issued fairly quickly.
    I haven’t come across any fb or whatsapp group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sparky1243

We also secured a home in the first phase. We were also told that ESB was holding back the timeline, so interested to see how much longe this takes.

For those who have signed contracts and interested in joining a facebook group, please message me directly and I will send you a link to join the new group.

hi, has anyone heard back on the snagging? I think some houses have started the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sparky1243

Nope - Nothing for us yet…. Savills said 2-3 weeks, a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Hi all. I recently made initial contact with the estate agent. Can I ask about timelines and deposits to those with contracts?

I have been asked for an initial deposit, which I am told is refundable.

They will then issue contracts. How long did it take?

A 10% deposit will then have to be paid within 21 days of contracts being issued. Is the initial deposit included in this 10% and is it refundable? Are they strict with this deadline?

When will the balance have to be paid? Upon completion/handing of keys?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 timtimtimo

Hello,

Has anyone heard back on the snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mandy2212

hi,

we too are interested in purchasing however have been told it’s all sold. Would you happen to have any other information?

hi Harshi,

Would the second phase be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Its going to have a lot worse of an effect on commuters getting on it Du Laoighre and further on. Those trains are jammed in the mornings as it is. Imagine thousands more people already on the train when it gets there.

@sparky1243 would you happen to have possession of your property yet? We are looking at investing.. any feedback would be highly welcomed 🙏🏼

• Advertisement

@amy1457 hi, we are looking at investing as well.. would you have received possession of your home? Any feedback would be highly appreciated 🙏🏼

hi @mandy2212

We are currently in the snagging phase. Was a very smooth process overall. The builds adhered to the initial designs provided and maintained high standard in terms of quality. Snag report didn’t highlight anything major only small cosmetic issues.
    not sure about the second phase, but they had a launch couple of weeks back and might have sold the remaining ones. Worth trying with both savills and DMP.
    hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭beachhead

Be careful you don't buy a house that is on the flood plain.Flood alleviation or not-done several years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭beachhead

There is a southbound bus lane on Castle Street already.There is no room for "bus corridors" unless there is a compulsory purchase order made on the Castle Street Shopping Centre to widen Castle Street.Bray is already a nightmare for traffic,this estate will make it a lot worse.On my visits in the afternoon it is pure hassle.Do not caught out by schools opening and closing times around the town.

For anyone concerned about insurance or the historical flood in bray, here’s a map to show all the work that has been done. This is official OPW data. The area where Seagardens is built is not considered an area of historical flood. Also considering the work that has been done, it wouldn’t be a problem. There are many other high value properties around Dublin shown in the map which would be at high risk of flood risk. however, this is not one of them.
    https://www.floodinfo.ie/map-review/?s=areas-under-review

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rowantree18

Regarding comments about pressure on schools, transport and social housing:

If a large number of house go into an asarea and the supporting infrastructure is absent ot not planned then there will be pressure on schools. Huge amount of new housing went into Greystones and now predictably there's huge pressure on schools. Ditto transport.

As to social housing, if it's not an issue for people then - no issue. Based on frequent questions on boards and other forums, it would appear that people are interested in knowing how much social housing is going to be in the place where they're making a 500k plus investment. If some want to call it snobbery then fine. Most people want to know the exact amount as it can end up at more than the mandatory 10% when housing agencies also decide to buy. Snobbery or not, a lot of people are hesitant to pay 500k plus to live in 30-40% social housing. It doesn't automatically mean trouble no more than no social housing automatically meaning no trouble. But most people like to know. For those who don't care - no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That's Part of the plan - take out some of the castle street car park as well as parking in front of four star pizza

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement