Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's a little weird as the USA is very drug liberal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Your default position was to assume that William sucked it up and expected Harry to do the same. The truth was, William would not suck it up.

Their security was pulled (without warning) when Harry refused to remove the name of one of William's staff for selling stories about H&M to the tabloid press. It is a criminal offence to do that. William was protecting a criminal.

No answers for the rest of the post then? I see you.

1. They didn't trash the Royal family in Oprah (though the Royal Family deserved to be thrashed)
    2. They were (and are) the victims of the right wing British tabloid industry. (As are all the British Royal family).
    3. They didn't make money from Oprah - unlike the UK, people are not paid for doing interviews. Its an ethics thing which clearly is completely lacking in British media.
    4. Having read 'Spare' it is very much Harry's own story. He is clearly very fond of his father despite his father's shortcomings. He was very close to William until William got married and the dynamic changed, with William with his own family. He liked Kate and regarded her as a sister and they got on really well together. He was totally unselfish in his relationship with his family.
    5. They in turn, would not accept Meghan.
    6. From what Kate's uncle has said, Kate liked being the centre of attention of both brothers and Meghan changed that dynamic. She now had to compete with Meghan for attention.
    7. In 'Spare' its clear that Harry really hates the British tabloid press and considers himself, Meghan and the rest of his family as their victims.

I'd think you should actually read 'Spare' and stop repeating tabloid spin on extracts taking out of context. And why shouldn't he making money from writing about his own life? What is your objection to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

A disingenuous post. Harry was suing the Sun in early 2020. His case was that a palace aide (the criminal in your yarn) was leaking stories (cash for briefings). This prompted two palace inquiries and a police investigation. None of them, Harry included, had any evidence of leaking. Now Harry would have been informed of this and, to protect an innocent employee, told him to remove the aide from his case. He didn’t want to do that and because he was violating whatever terms were agreed in the Sandringham agreement then consequences kicked in because of his stubbornness to accept the facts. We’ve seen from his security review that even after two judicial reviews he is reportedly still seeking to appeal. You can blame others all you like but at least try to see his own blame in what happened and in the end even if you have zero factual evidence of leaking then you can always sell the (false) idea that there was leaking. It sure does make for a good (deflective) yarn but when scrutinized it is just that – a yarn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Well, I don't agree with the spin you put on things.

I believe Tom Bowers recounting of the who-made-who-cry, let alone who collapsed on the floor. I don't believe Meghan's version. From my perspective, Meghan has a history of, well, re-writing history. Or embellishing it. What version of the "how we met" story are we on now?

I can't add any more to the mountain of facts that @valoren has provided on the whole "affair with Rose Hanbury" slur. But no doubt you will keep on about it.

Harry's security in Canada ended because they were no longer working royals. They had to make other arrangements for their food and coffee runs, too. (Photo of two RPOs getting the coffees in)

What William was obviously concerned about in Jordan was the length of the queue behind them, and that is abundantly clear in. the video. Like any normal partner would do. The videos of the Jordanian wedding are worth watching for the sheer spectacle of it and the radiance of the Royalty, men and wonen alike. Catherine looks stunning, by the way.

Knauf did his job, in my opinion. He flagged Meghan's bullying. Scobie, on the other hand....

The staffer lied about his connection to Dan Wootton. He said he hardly knew him, yet there was a photo of him at Wootton's intimate birthday party (it was on Wootton's instagram account, so publicly available). Some investigation by Simon Case (now in trouble over bullying claims and going sick to avoid Covid Enquiry) and the Met police that they didn't find the relationship between the staffer and Wootton. And the staffer who lied is still working for William (he was seen in the car with William when he went to visit Kate in hospital).

And lets not forget that the Met is up to its neck in corruption charges and members of the Met were found to have been sending racist messages about Meghan Markle in a Whats App group.

Read all about it here:

'Elite Met police officers avoid jail despite sharing racist WhatsApp jokes about Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Prince William and Kate

And these where from the royal and diplomatic protection section.

'Browning' Street' indeed.

Post edited by jm08 on

Case/Covid Inquiry and known/general Met corruption are unrelated to the specific investigations in the cash for leakings case. That is the entire basis for the "criminal" accusation/the "What the MET missed!" per the dubious Byline Investigates i.e. The aide along with their partner (who it was established did have a working relationship with Wooten as a publicist) were in a photograph at Wootens birthday...but...but...the Met (sweeping generalisation alert) is racist and so their investigation which came up with nothing must obviously be because of their corruption and/or if you're photographed with someone then you're not only a friend of that someone but if that someone is up to no good then obviously you are up to no good with them as well. Mental gymnastics and text book conspiracy theory i.e. deliberately ignoring pertinent facts and contradictory evidence because they debunk the hypothesis.

It demonstrates that Case's would do or say anything that made his life easier. He was also behind the sponsorship of Carrie Johnson's wallpaper, indicating that his ethics were a bit hit and miss. He has also been cited for bullying by staff in the PM's office. When it got a bit hot, he got sick to avoid testifying in the covid enquiry. That all tells you exactly who he is. Christened 'The Fly' by Prince Harry because where there was ****, he was usually in it.

The staffer's parner was selling stories to Dan Wootton about Harry & Meghan. They have the payment records. This staffer is still working for Prince William. The whistleblower who worked for Dan's newspaper and reported these payments was afraid to testify in court in case he would never get a job again. Thats why they got away with it. But there were illegal payments for private information.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Security was pulled when they quit the job that provided said security.

• Advertisement

So you believe Tom Bower's version who just compiles all the bullshit lies in the trashy tabloids and puts them into book format. This way, he can't be sued becuase his defence will be that he was only repeating what was said elsewhere.

You only regurgitate what is written in the press. You have not read 'Spare', and you have not watched the Netflix series. You get all your opinions second/third hand from the trashy British press.

I've heard only one version of how they met. Harry asked a friend of Meghan's for an introduction having seen Meghan on her (Harry's friend) instagram feed.

What versions do you have?

As for the Jordan wedding - it was the way he did it. Anyway, there was no one waiting to talk to the bride as the person behind Kate in the queue was still talking to the groom, so not necessary to rush her. In fact the bride would have been standing on her own waiting for the next person to come to her.

Knauf is a snake. And he will be found out, just like Case will be.

Who has the payment records? Harry and Meghan? Or is it the payment records that were uncovered between the aides partner who is a publicist where it was established they were working with Wooten in their capacity as a publicist and the payments were linked to clients of that publicist?

And now we have a phantom whistleblower. Were they reporting the unrelated to H&M payments mentioned above and Byline (who will take payment for reporting) are doing a 2 + 2 = 5? Fantastical stuff.

Real bang of panic and desperation the last few days. Going completely into tin foil hat territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,099 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

"Job" is stretching a little isn't it?

I very much doubt the security threat to the Kings Son evaporates because he doesn't cut the odd ribbon.

They are the newspaper records. It was an employee of the newspaper who reported the illegal payments.

As an aside, in case you missed it. A judge has ruled that a list of illegal payments made to PIs for the Leveson Enquiry are now admissable in court. The papers were objecting to their usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

this is incorrect of course.

they spoke the truth and are victims of the behaviour of the institution.

good for them, anything that exposes the reality of that institution is good by me, better when it's some of it's members.

different women who have married in to that institution have said there are serious issues, not a chance are they all wrong.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Can you provide the terms of the Sandringham Agreement that prevented the naming of an official in court papers?

And can you show where it stated that their security would be cut off if they did so.

Where was it established that the payments were illegal and attributed to Wooten and the aide?

A Palace aide briefing the press with inside scoops for cash is a serious issue. Serious enough to warrant a police investigation. The Sandringham Agreement was agreed in January 2020 but then Harry decided to sue the Sun in April 2020. Unless the grey suits had a crystal ball capable of predicting Harrys future decisions then any explicit written agreement that January couldn’t have included prevention of him including officials in a legal case.

Part of the agreement was that they mutually agreed to a 12 month long review before they decided what they wanted to do. They tried to wrangle half in/out but were given the flexibility to take time to decide what they wanted to do i.e. keep on as working royals or not. They would live under ‘effective security’ for 12 months in a Canadian compound with security (initially) being paid by that government. That was another part of the agreement. Dig into the recent judicial review documents to read about that.

Harry took his case against the Sun within that agreed time period of review. After naming an official then it was taken seriously and separate inquiries and investigations happened and with no evidence of any cash for leaks against the named aide. While still operating under the 12 month review period Harry agreed to, he was very reasonably asked to remove the aides name but he was not prevented from continuing his desire to sue The Sun. He could either accept factual reality and remove the name or he could plough ahead and risk consequences from those with a duty of care towards an employee prospectively being implicated in something he was innocent of. What would you do in that case?

Strike one was hopping from Canada to Tyler Perrys property which was also a violation of the agreement and that is why security consequences kicked in and which Harry has since spun as his security being pulled and as something he was forced to do i.e. if they were staying in Canada and that government removed security then tranches of 700k were being earmarked to cover security costs as per the Queens wishes. Harrys refusal to remove the name from his case was strike two. The interview with Oprah was such a softball affair that when Harry said he was financially cut off Oprah didn’t ask the obvious follow up question i.e. Why were you cut off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

And she was asked about her washing up liquid letter again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭maebee

She was speaking about "International Women's Day" and she still managed to make it all about herself. What a narcissist she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I wonder whether Katie Couric was winding Meghan up when she said, "will you tell that story when you wrote that story to P&G, because I don't know if everyone's heard it".

Also, Meghan could have used the example of the Sussex Squad cyber bullying with their posting vile fabrications about William and Catherine. But no, it was, as we have come to expect, all about her.

Oh, the ironing.

Now now Boggles - even you know that Meaghan has been doing this “poor me” stunt since at least the 2019 interview in SA when she said “no one asks about me”- officially touring a country riddled with poverty and injustice and she makes it all about her.

Roll on 5 years and she’s still making it all about her, when she could instead make it about women who are suffering abused etc

Contrast that with Monica Lewinsky - she had cause to be upset given she was the most vilified and mocked woman in the western world at one stage. Years later she made a an incredibly powerfull TED talk on the topic of bullying that was hugely acclaimed and rightfully so- it was just brilliant.

But she didn’t make a career out of being a “victim” - far from it- even though it has to be said, she was probably entitled to.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/02/27/style/monica-lewinsky-reformation-campaign-vote-lotw/index.html

Another logical fallacy. I don't read social media and would encourage everyone to do the same but the comments on it about me are not catty but cruel.

She a full time whiner. I'm surprised that shtick is still working as she (and HarHar) have had fùck all "new" material since the invisible car chase.

So one woman who was vilely abused is whining the other is powerful.

Gotcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Again you know well that Royals in general get dogs abuse daily - indeed anyone with any semblance of power places themselves in the firing lines of modern social media and all that that entails.

Meaghan elected to align herself with one of those families- whilst images like chimpanzee babies is rightfully condemned there’s a level of criticism that comes with the job.

Very few rational people would criticise Meaghan for referencing such abuse - but when she makes it her fulltime job, from the comfort of her multimillion dollar mansion, surrounded by minions to do her bidding, sorry now but public opinion won’t support that - and it’s public opinion she needs to keep the dollars flowing in. There are far more urgent and life changing issues to concern ourselves with than Meaghans feelings.

Your short pithy one line responses might make you feel like you’ve landed a “gotcha”- but really it just looks stupid at this stage.

• Advertisement

There are far more urgent and life changing issues to concern ourselves with than Meaghans feelings.

It was you that linked the article, no?

Personally I couldn't give a fúck about any of there feelings in reality, but that doesn't mean they do not have a right to speak out about vile abuse they receive.

That goes for anyone that is in the public eye or not.

They certainly shouldn't be further abused for doing so.

It just validates her point really.

Advertisement