Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Referendum on Gender Equality (THREADBANS IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Michael McNamara alluding to on TWIP that there was dissent within Govt parties around wording from TDs and debate was shut down by party whips. The TDs were fearful to take it further.

This was very rushed and the attempt to rail it through is a very very bad look. It seems we have a problem with a lot of spineless backbenchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Please do not get imagining Ivana Bacik without knickers- I'm trying to have lunch here.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

These people exist and live an a far-left echo chamber where they are convinced that they occupy the moral highground on every social issue and that they are on the right side of history. In fact, they have been corrupted by virtue-signaling, meaningless, woke leftist trash. Even 10-12 years ago many of the issues that they are so passionate about, these same people would have rubbished themselves as insane nonsense.

Look at RTE's TV coverage yesterday. The panel kept regurgitating over and over this idea of voter "confusion". Strange how confusion only works one way with these referendums.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

There’s sometimes tragically hilarious about the utter gombeens holding this failure on International Womens Day- they re just so insulated in this ridiculous far left PC bubble that they thought that would be a plus factor. Just so fcukin deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

By all accounts from Sunday Indo it appears Leo spearheaded the women's day date. Then denied it yesterday on the mic.

Par for the course with this lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Nothing weird about it. She is a nasty individual and my opinion of her is shared by the multitudes of people who voted yes in the Repeal the 8th amendment.

The only respect I give him is that I think he believes what he says. And says it well.

The other one lies to suit her paymaster. Her and her ilk would preach their views on motherhood and then take off leaving other women in the dust. She is not vworthy even of this explanation.

As for the rest of the comments from people... Hilarious really considering some of the bile spewed here day to day.

I could be posting all day here if I was to get affronted about some of it see examples on this page but of course it only matters when your hero is being attacked?

Its obviously struck a nerve among those who support her, and people just like her , because it is all true and within the public arena.

So I will treat those posts with the contempt they deserve.

Thats not to condone getting personal about a public figure, because I don't.. nomally.. but I reserve that for the occasional contemptible individual.

She was quite happy to bring up examples of other women's families in her " debates " previously as many will remember . People who because of their vulnerability could not reply or whom found it very difficult to.

That's not acceptable from a person in her position.

I think that those posting either don't know the woman involved and what she is capable of, or from those who can't bear the thought that women in this country can make their own choices with their lives and don't have to listen to pious troglodytes anymore .

Maybe mentioning the nanny and the maid was wrong, I would not want o involve them in this, so apologies to those ladies for mentioning them!

I won't say any more on it if people are getting upset..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You really are deluded if you think Leo was held in high esteem until now.

He is detested as a sanctimonious arrogant lying two faced gobshyte by a large chunk of the people in this country.

Something highlighted by I think Brenda Power this morning on radio with that clown O'Connor.

Last night watching the returning officer (or whatever his term is and he made a fooking pigs ear out of reading out one sentence) officially read out the results of the referendums from Dublin castle last night there was no official representation from the government that ran these referendums present, nowhere to be seen.

No minister O'Gorman, no McEntee, no Martin, no Leo.

Gutless bastards the lot of them.

That is what the government and political parties think of us the electorate of this country.

If we don't vote the way they want they aren't interested.

That is a gross insult to the will of the people.

Please remember that come June and show them what you think of them.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

You wish !

Despite the wall to wall "Yes" propaganda.

I think you will find that the worm has turned,

and will NOT be talked down to again by it's supposed "Betters".

Friday's results carry far more weight than simply a double defeat of the Government, the so-called Opposition and the parasitic NGOs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Shoog

This self declared progressive voted NO/NO. It was a steaming pile of crap and far from progressive. I was not going to vote for anything that removed more rights than it gave.

There's a lot of crowing on the right as if this is a big win for them. Its a win for common sense.

When in actuality no one in the real world could give a flying fcuk about "International Womens Day", and where it is only some meaningless woke holiday celebrated by the leftie lunatics of Twitter. Delighted it failed on this day in particular.

Happy Mothers Day everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Are you confused, you asked why O'Gorman should be sacked, I gave you the short list of reasons pertaining to the referendums alone.

The facts are that he misled the Irish public by not revealing AG's advice and stood over the wording, for that alone he should go.

Ehhb what you call right wing a lot of us just call good old common sense.

You know things like venue full close the doors, bath overflowing turn off the tap, is the type of stuff that is just plain old common sense to most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭Shoog

No that just right wing bullcrap, nothing to do with this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Lisa Chambers admitted on the Anton Savage show that she voted no. She didn't say whether she voted no on both just that she voted no. Was surprised to hear her say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭volchitsa

There needs to be a lot more attention paid to the fact that a government minister LIED to the people about the AG's advice.

Democracy is not "open" when the government are lying to the people like that.

Watch rats leaving sinking ships over the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Yep and I think the Yes vote was still less than 51%.

Although South Dublin managed 48% or 49% Yes, so they were also very close to a Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Sorry it was the Family vote that DLR voted Yes.

Watch Peadar Toibin romp home in first place in Euros.

He has just announced he is standing in Connacht, Ulster, Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭volchitsa

That's true, but the problem is that the media, and government, tried to get the result they wanted by calling anyone who was against it far right or racist, hoping they'd cow them all into submission.

That was a massive own goal that wouldn't have happened if they hadn't been so keen to smear everyone else with the "far right" label.

And there's a real risk of that "normalising" the far right in some people's minds, because they'll think "Well I actually agree with the far right on this, so maybe they're not that bad". When in fact they never agreed with the far right - it was a lie by the establishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

For the first time in a long time people got to actually say what they think about all this "progressive, woke, be kind" narrative. That's what I'm taking from it. Nothing to do with religion, right wingers, nutjobs, and so on. Just ordinary people who thought it through (much to the chagrin of the Government and most of the Opposition) and said feck off the lot of you, we've had enough of being ignored in lots of areas of our lives and we won't be trampled upon. NO NO.

Even with an election coming up sometime soon, it will be like voting for a one party state since they are all trying so hard to be "progressive" that they are failing to listen to the people who just want to live their ordinary lives without being told what's best for them all the time.

Next up is the Hate Legislation Bill. Now I do realise that there is nothing we can do about that as in a referendum, so if as it appears - there is no opposition party willing to oppose it for balance, well here we go again, and we will have no recourse. That is scary for me anyway. Let's hope that on the back of the referendum defeats they will reconsider what the people actually want, not what Government apparatchiks feel they need in order to be silenced.

Onwards and Upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Watch the Irish people bend over and vote for the same people again.

I guarantee it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Please note the solitary thanks on your post was from me to cheer you up and give pause to your hatred of the vast vast majority of the Irish people who voted against your world outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I'm not so sure, I think alot of FF/FG voters have finally started to cop on. I know I have. Sooner election rolls around the better but Leo will drag it out because he knows what's coming. One thing is for sure, SF have are showing themselves up for how utterly useless the are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

H ..you cn take it back.

I was on the very much winning side in the few that really counted.

This one is nothing to those.

I voted yes /no on this one so you're assumption is incorrect btw :)

Post edited by Goldengirl on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

They have to as there is no alternative. All the main government and opposition parties are aligned on many policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

How do you explain the c.30% Yes/Yes vote which most certainly came from so called "progressives".Are you saying that there is a large cohort of people who just vote "progressive" without thinking.If this is true we have a real problem in this country.

You hope.

You sound like the politicos around here discussing which of their party members will win seats in the next election.

They don't seem to notice how utterly detested they are now.

Hell just heard journalist on radio announce political parties were surprised how many voters turned out for referendums in poorer areas.

They just are so disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭thegame983

Everyone hates them and they're wrong about everything.

It's been a tough 24 hours for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SF are fake opposition, I'm saying it for years, given the signal they will happily jump into bed with FF or FG.

There is no alternative to this coalition realistically. Getting the votes is the easy part, forming a government is the biggest obstacle.

Would I like to see a big **** off protest vote to the political elite? For sure

Advertisement